Wrestling Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 4105 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
@Hephaesteus I'm sort of wondering if they'll do the three-second jumping-armbar tapout they did with Asuka and Dana Brooke a few years ago.

I don't really know what Lana's offense looks like, because she's usually on the receiving-end in short matches. But she's been bumping and selling alright in the past few months, so if the match goes more than a minute, Asuka might be able to drag something serviceable out of her.

·
NBA
4,160 Posts
I think Asuka ain't going to squash Lana. Don't know, gives me that feeling, and I don't think it's gonna be due to Vince.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
It's depends on Lana, if she is serious then Asuka won't hesitate to give her an extra minutes than just squash.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think she'll allow Lana a few hope-spots, unless Vince and Bruce tell her, "You've got two minutes. Squash her."

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Asuka might be say, Nani!!???

Here's the article from PWI,in case if y'all care

·
NBA
4,160 Posts

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm sure suggesting that she's ALL ALONE on her birthday every year helps to cut down on creepy YouTube comments on her videos. ;)

Anyways, she's nearly 40, but she's still a big goofy kid at heart. She's in the right profession.

·
NBA
4,160 Posts

·
NBA
4,160 Posts
After focusing on her Kabuki Warriors tag team for much of 2018
Uuf... those PWI guys don't even know their stuff, it seems. Kabuki Warriors formed in May of 2019. Only tag team Asuka was part of in 2018 was the Naomi partnership during September and October of that year.

Delivers the most impassioned promos in wwe, regardless of language
Well, at least they got this right.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It was probably just a typo. I mean, the evaluation period was October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.

·
NBA
4,160 Posts
Vince likes Charlotte more than anyone else, is only pushing Asuka out of necessity and it's pretty obvious he can't wait to put the title on someone else, who would have thought?

·
Registered
9,502 Posts

Thoughts on the lack of respect that asuka gets here by being pushed all the way to the back despite being a champ?
That's always been her default role. She's probably always been big enough to them to be considered A star (when she first moved to Smackdown she was put on the banner too), but never THE star.

Also, it appears Ronda is indeed coming back, and the WWE is pressuring Becky to get back ASAP after she punts out her baby. So, whatever happens with the RAW title between now and RR, it will surely be back on one of those two by early next year (unless they go for the SD title, which is surely a possibility as Smackdown has been wiped clean of the women's division and there is NO WAY they are letting the Bayley/Sasha feud go on for the next 12 months, and I find it doubtful they will really focus on Sasha as much as fans assume after she wins the title)

At this point, why even bother paying investing in anyone on RAW?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
That's always been her default role. She's probably always been big enough to them to be considered A star (when she first moved to Smackdown she was put on the banner too), but never THE star.

Also, it appears Ronda is indeed coming back, and the WWE is pressuring Becky to get back ASAP after she punts out her baby. So, whatever happens with the RAW title between now and RR, it will surely be back on one of those two by early next year (unless they go for the SD title, which is surely a possibility as Smackdown has been wiped clean of the women's division and there is NO WAY they are letting the Bayley/Sasha feud go on for the next 12 months, and I find it doubtful they will really focus on Sasha as much as fans assume after she wins the title)

At this point, why even bother paying investing in anyone on RAW?
If Becky gave into pressure, she wouldnt have gotten pregnant in the first place so I doubt she's coming back anytime soon, especially since her kid already has one working parent on the road and the ronda stuff is weird speculation. But yea, if they come back it'll be to smackdown since wwe doesnt give a fuck about their relationship to usa as evidenced by this draft. As for sasha herself, Im not even all that confident that vince's racist ass will even let her hold the belt at all much less the time her fans expect (but secretly know wont happen).

But back to Asuka, while she has a division full of challengers, she's still being forced into trying to pull matches out of the likes of Lana which should tell ya how much they value the woman's division over there. Hell, their only major addition was Alexa and she's nowhere close to that title at the moment. Still fucked up to see their blatant favoritism in that division pushed in our face like that though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Becky/Ronda have bigger feuds on RAW though:

Asuka: Ronda never wrestled her, and Becky/Asuka share strong history.
Shayna: Ronda never wrestled her, and Becky got roll up win at WM
Charlotte: Their match didn't had proper finish, and Becky/Charlotte again share strong history

On SD, they only got Bayley/Sasha, and Ronda have already tapped out both.

·
NBA
4,160 Posts
Becky hasn't given birth yet, and then she would have 3-4 months to get into shape, which means no matches in the meanwhile. Don't know, I think Vince wants becky to be there but only to give fans a sense of hope so as to keep them interested. I think he will try and have Charlotte be the one to face Ronda at WM (as we already have been conjecturing ever since late 2019).

But back to Asuka, while she has a division full of challengers, she's still being forced into trying to pull matches out of the likes of Lana which should tell ya how much they value the woman's division over there. Hell, their only major addition was Alexa and she's nowhere close to that title at the moment. Still fucked up to see their blatant favoritism in that division pushed in our face like that though.
Wonder if the reason for them having Asuka go so INCREDIBLY soft on her opponents, protecting them from having to take pracitcally any bumps, is because he already has decided he wants to push Alexa as champ but he's afraid she may get injured if she feuds with Asuka, so all of these matches are Asuka getting prepared to qwork a soft as fuck match with Alexa.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Wonder if the reason for them having Asuka go so INCREDIBLY soft on her opponents, protecting them from having to take pracitcally any bumps, is because he already has decided he wants to push Alexa as champ but he's afraid she may get injured if she feuds with Asuka, so all of these matches are Asuka getting prepared to qwork a soft as fuck match with Alexa.
Doubt it, I believe this is a case of them trying to find their next hot champion. Unless she plans on wrestling charlie for the next year, Alexas days of wrestling soft are done for a while.
Im actual interested in seeing who her wm opponent will be.

3841 - 3860 of 4105 Posts