Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People can argue about the positives and negatives of TNA, but most fans will point to the Motor City Machine Guns as a consistent positive in the company. They've put on some great matches, and against a wide variety of competition (Beer Money, Generation Me, Team 3D, etc.). I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Guns are one of the true shining lights of TNA.

So why not have a PPV that highlights the Guns and the tag team division?

Have Alex and Chris announce that an upcoming PPV will be an all-tag team spectacle - a tag team tournament featuring 8 stellar teams from around the world, including Japan and Mexico. It would be a one-night tournament.

And Mike Tenay would ask, "So this is a tournament to determine your next top contenders for your titles?" And the Guns would reply, "Are you kidding? This tournament is so good, we want to be a part of it! We're putting up our belts in this tournament. Winner take all!"

So we'd have seven matches at this PPV: four quarter-final matches, two semi-finals and the main event final. The main event final would be a 45-minute "iron team" match.

The teams would include:

Motor City Machine Guns
Beer Money
Generation Me
Ink Inc.
London Brawling (hoping Desmond Wolfe is healthy again)
A top team from Japan
A top team from Mexico
Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe

The final would be the Guns vs Kurt/Joe, and the Guns would win in a five-star performance, 3 falls to 2. This would REALLY put them over as a great tag team, and it wouldn't damage Kurt and Joe at all because they're not used to teaming up.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
All I want is: MCMG vs Beer Money Inc. (Final Resolution) in 30 min Ironman.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not bad ideas.

I would love to see them feud against top japan and mexico teams.

But for now they could feud against Ink Inc and why not ? a reforming British Invasion (doug and magnus)until Desmond is healthy again, and then London Brawling baby !

I would also love to see them feud against LAX (if they could bring homicide back) and against The WGTT.

Edit : I would also dream of Chris Harris coming back and reforming AMW so Rhoode can go solo ! Maybe Rhoode could be the leader of fourtune if AJ turn face and fourtune don't. Aj could be replaced by The Wildcat in fourtune.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Actually, I'd like to seea triple threat feud between Ink Inc., GenMe, and The Guns. I think they've got the talent, and personality to continue on a good feud for a while

·
Registered
673 Posts
Actually, I'd like to seea triple threat feud between Ink Inc., GenMe, and The Guns. I think they've got the talent, and personality to continue on a good feud for a while
We've already seen enough of those 3 togheter on impact...

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Get Angle booking it, then you can bet that even Earl Hebner would kick out of Sliced Bread.
:lmao

Regardless, that would be the best spotfest in TNA in years...I dare you to start a drinking game for every flip they do, you take a shot.

You'd be dead after 3 minutes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Get Angle booking it, then you can bet that even Earl Hebner would kick out of Sliced Bread.
LMAO! Repped

I love the MCMG and I agree they're a true highlight of the company. I don't know if I'd like another tournament though even if it's just one night, TNA has had a lot of tournaments this year

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,761 Posts
:lmao

Regardless, that would be the best spotfest in TNA in years...I dare you to start a drinking game for every flip they do, you take a shot.

You'd be dead after 3 minutes.
Goddamn, that's borderline condoning alcohol poisoning.

·
Registered
12,090 Posts
That top team from AAA would be Evans/Aerostar. It would give fans a chance to see the greatness of Aerostar.

It's a good idea just like the World X cup and Super X cup but in the new TNA it has no chance of happening unless it's on Impact.

·
Registered
633 Posts
All I have to say is, I have not seen a single match with MCMG that I did not enjoy and most of the time, shocked at some of the moves they do, or how well they perform. I am one of those guys that don't really care at all about wrestlers.. wrestling abilities but MCMG is an exception, I actually enjoy watching them wrestle.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
People can argue about the positives and negatives of TNA, but most fans will point to the Motor City Machine Guns as a consistent positive in the company. They've put on some great matches, and against a wide variety of competition (Beer Money, Generation Me, Team 3D, etc.). I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Guns are one of the true shining lights of TNA.
not mention one of the best selling t shirts in the companys history, alongside LAX

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i want Generation Me to have the titles. honestly i think they pull off MCMGs style of wrestling better than MCMG and make it look more exciting and fluid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know much about technical wrestling, but Beer Money and Motor Machine Guns are so entertained in the ring. Generation Me and Ink Inc, not so much. To me, only Beer Money and Motor Machine Guns ever look like tag team wrestlers. Generation Me and Ink Inc just don't have the look and maybe in ring ability,I guess. perhaps, if they put the belt on them, it could change my perception.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I definitely think that the Motor City Machine Guns are the best thing about TNA right now. They would share the MVP award for the company. They're matches are one of the main reasons for tuning in to Impact. A lot of the times, they're the ONLY reason to tune in to Impact.

If I was TNA, I'd have them hold the belts for 6 months. Meaning, they shouldn't lose the belts until January or February.

I definitely think TNA should bring in some new teams for the Guns to face. I like the idea of bringing in teams from Japan and Mexico. I think they should do that with the X-Division, too.

I've said that I could watch the Guns go against Beer Money every day for a year and not get sick of it. I do think it would be cool if they switched it up, though.

I definitely think TNA should bring in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Just bringing them in would add a new element to the Tag Division and TNA in general. They'd bring about a freshness. Just the idea of Haas and Benjamin vs the Guns or Beer Money or Generation Me sounds exciting.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Sounds similar to the World X Cup which I've always enjoyed. Really like these ideas. I doubt it'd ever happen, but it's worth a try sending it to TNA

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
You'd want to a tag tournament and have Angle and Joe go over your other tag teams??

I like the idea just dislike the thought of Angle/Joe going over the likes of Beer Money, Ink Inc Gen Me when there actually tag teams.

Reactions: Loopee
1 - 19 of 19 Posts