1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

-Elite Wrestling Society-
Wrestling how it should be perceived!

-Synopsis-
There's no fancy story on how this all came together because they're all the same. Paul Heyman worked closely with independent giant Ring of Honor and gained an interest in the independent wrestling style. By 2010 he had set up the promotion with a rather exciting roster. The promotion is yet to reach a television deal, however that is expected to change after a few internet shows. The debut internet show will air online at 9PM on January 13, 2010.

Basically, I'm losing interest in this and a nice short show to write may allow me to ignite that forgotten flame again. If that flame returns, I intend to someday return to Illustrating the Industry as I had some great ideas for that.

-Roster-

Armando Estrada
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

Austin Watson
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

The American Dragon Bryan Danielson
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

Christian Cage
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

Davey Richards
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Ezekiel Jackson
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

JTG
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Ken Doane
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Kevin Thorne
EWS Debut:
February 3, 2010
EWS Achievements:

Joey Mercury
EWS Debut:
January 27, 2010
EWS Achievements:

Matt Sydal
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Petey Williams
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Ron The Truth Killings
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Santino Marella
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Teddy Hart
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

Zack Ryder
EWS Debut:
January 13 2010
EWS Achievements:

-Tag Teams/Alliances-

Ken Doane and Petey Williams
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

The Briscoes
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

The Young Bucks
EWS Debut:
January 13, 2010
EWS Achievements:

-Championship Holders-
EWS World Heavyweight Champion: To be decided
EWS Tag Team Champions: To be decided

-Positions of Authority/On-Air Personalities-

Owner: Paul Heyman

Commentary: Todd Grisham

Backstage Interviewer: Jonathan Coachman

Some of the key signings occurring over the development of the promotion include a massive free-agent in Christian Cage who agreed to a deal. Cage will be a centerpiece of the promotion, an experienced worker who can still perform at his peak. Davey Richards is seen as the future of the company, one of the most talented wrestlers in the world; expect big things from this man. Another massive signing in the eyes of Heyman is Elijah Burke or D'Angelo Dinero. Unhappy with his direction in TNA, Dinero agreed to a contract after months of discussions.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Great to see you back, you should know that I'm a fan of your work and I'm very much looking forward to seeing this. Solid roster, I'm a big fan of Christian, Pope and Ryder so great to see them on the roster and I'm expecting a Pope push seeing as you love him. Presentation is awesome as always, so best of luck! :)

·
still here
6,703 Posts
Hope this is still going. Just waiting on an update. The roster is pretty solid and presentation is looking great too. Nice graphics.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The beginning...
Not much can be shared about the debut episode of EWS. The matches announced so far are: The Briscoe Brothers versus Ken Doane and Petey Williams, Ron Killings and Matt Sydal versus Brian Danielson and Santino Marella and Austin Watson versus Armando Estrada. EWS' debut show will be broadcasted on EWSWrestling.com for all to view. The Ocean Center in Florida's Daytona Beach will host the historical show this coming Wednesday, the 13th of January.

Elite Wrestling Society will be holding a two-hour special pay-per-view on February 7, this will be the promotion's first ever pay-per-view event and a location is yet to be named.

The first show will be posted soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't wait 'til it comes out

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The roster looks awesome. One little question the guy on the left of your banner looks like Chris the BAmbikiller?... I shall be reading. Good luck with this.
Thanks for the comments, the guy on the left of the EWS banner (if that's who you're referring to) is Davey Richards from ROH.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Not too surprised that the preview isn't giving much away, but nonetheless I'm definitely looking forward to reading the first show. The matches on the card so far look good, kinda shocked that Christian and Pope both haven't been booked in matches but I'm sure they'll be heard from.

Can't wait to see it up!

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The debut show.
January 13, 2010​
EWS' debut show opens with disturbing images of a backstage worker viciously beaten in the hallway. The company's owner, Paul Heyman is visibly furious and looks down at the worker.

Heyman: Who the f-... this is unbelievable. I want to know who did this, and I want to know now.

Heyman shoves an onlooking worker out of the way as he storms off down the corridor. Not the ideal beginning to EWS' debut show.

As we return to the ring, our commentator, Todd Grisham explains that Heyman is furious with what has occurred backstage and is now investigating who is responsible and intends to uncover who the attacker is before the end of the night. Grisham then hypes EWS' first ever televised match as Ron Killings' What's Up excites the crowd as the energetic Killings dances down to the ring accompanied by his tag team partner for the night, Matt Sydal.

The Final Countdown hits as the crowd give a mixed reaction for The Best Wrestler In The World, as he approaches the ring obviously dissatisfied with his partner, Santino Marella.

Match 1 | Ron Killings and Matt Sydal vs. Bryan Danielson and Santino Marella​
Ron Killings and Matt Sydal work together well as they successfully maintain in control for the majority of the match as Marella foolishly refrains from tagging in Danielson, as if to prove himself to him. Danielson screamed at Marella due to his tactics which triggered the referee to attempt to calm The American Dragon. Marella fell victim to a devastating Corkscrew Scissors-Kick/Shooting Star Press combination however managed to get a foot to the rope. Once Danielson finally received his tag, he unleashed a vicious onslaught to his opponents. Marella was so beaten up from his performance that he lied on the apron. Danielson dominated until he fell victim to numerous attacks from Killings and Sydal, forcing him to scream for a tag, however Marella was too beaten to move. Danielson then fell victim to a Corkscrew Scissors-kick which gained Killings and Sydal the victory.
Winner | Ron Killings and Matt Sydal via Pinfall​
Ron Killings and Matt Sydal exit the ring, satisfied with their performance, slapping hands with the fans as they approach the curtains. As Danielson returns to his senses he realizes he looks over to a recovering Santino Marella and explodes. Danielson, once on his feet, sprints towards Marella and dropkicks him through the ropes and to the outside. A vicious beating is on the cards as Danielson snatches a chair from the commentary table and unloads numerous shots to his vulnerable tag team partner. A ballistic Danielson throws Marella into the announce table and chokes him out with a television cord before throwing the television set onto the floor and smashing it. Danielson then snatches a camera out of a cameraman's possession and throws it into the seemingly unconscious Marella.

-Commercial Break-
Bryan Danielson approaches the locker room as he walks down the hallway however he is interrupted by a visibly furious Paul Heyman.

Heyman: It was you, wasn't it?! I have put a lot of time and money into this promotion and I'm not going to have it screwed up on the first frigging night!

Danielson: I don't know what the hell you're talking about, I haven't done a thing. I just went out there, got screwed over by a crap tag partner and kicked his fu.. kicked his head in.

Danielson restrains himself from swearing and continues explaining himself to his boss.

Danielson: I destroy people for a reason and tell them I'm going to do it to their face - I'm not a pussy, I don't do it out of nowhere or from behind, so don't accuse me of doing that crap. If you'd excuse me, I've got to go and get changed and if you want to investigate further into me, have fun wasting your time like a tool.

Danielson continues into the locker room, leaving Heyman confused as to who is responsible for the vicious bashing.

Davey Richards versus Christian Cage versus D'Angelo Dinero is announced as the show's main event.

Jonathan Coachman stands by Teddy Hart backstage with a microphone in his possession. A focused Teddy Hart stares forward as The Coach begins to interview him.

Coachman: Now, Teddy, this is EWS' first show-

Hart: I don't need to be interviewed Jonathan, I don't because I've got nothing to answer to. I have statements to make and that's all that I'll be saying. I won't be answering anything. First thing's first, I respect this promotion, but I'm not going to look directly down the lens of this camera in front of me and lie to the professional wrestling world. Elite Wrestling Society needs another title here and I'll be doing everything my power is capable of to bring that in. Whether it be tomorrow or next year, we will have another championship title in this promotion and I'll be damned if I'm not its first holder. So, Paul Heyman, or anyone else with a position of authority, get out your pen and paper - because you're good at that - and write it down, this promotion needs another championship and it should start its life around Teddy Hart's waist.

Coachman: And what if-

Hart: There's no 'what if' here, Jonathan so I can just cut you off right there. This will happen, there's no other possible outcome therefore a 'what if' isn't needed. I'll even get a damn piece of paper or a World Wrestling Federation plastic belt and wear it around my damn waist because anything around this waist means something. I've got a certain quality that many in this business don't have: passion. I know that this is the best damn business in the world and this company represents that business, so why not have a title representing passion with a damn passionate man wearing that belt?

Coachman: Well I guess it's only a matter of time.

Hart: That's better, don't ask questions, just agree with me, it makes this so much easier. It is just a matter of time until something happens, trust me. I want a title that represents the little people, the fans that go to the local independent promotions, the guys that risk their lives flipping off 30-foot ladders to the guys landing on their heads night after night. I won't drop this, I'll pursue it and mark my words, Jonathan Coachman, there will be another title in Elite Wrestling Society.

Teddy Hart leaves the screen as the scene closes and we return to ringside. Austin Watson, formally known as Consequences Creed in previous promotions approaches the ring sporting simple patterned shorts rather than his Rocky-esque previously worn in his career. The crowd seem to enjoy his presence as his exciting and enjoyable entrance concludes and he awaits his opponent in the ring. WWE fans would be familiar with his opponent, Armando Estrada approaches the ring with a similar gimmick to what he held in WWE. Still sporting the glasses, he places them on the canvas as he prepares to battle Austin Watson in similar attire.

Match 2 | Austin Watson vs. Armando Estrada​
Austin Watson was clearly on stride for this match. Unlike his opponent, Estrada just didn't seem to have brought his game. Watson exhibited his exciting moveset throughout the match, including many punching variations which appeared to be one of his areas of strength. Estrada's body strength appeared to give him the upper-hand in the match only momentarily as Watson was simply too good. Watson ended the contest with a CreeDDT.
Winner | Austin Watson via Pinfall

Commercial Break
As EWS returns we're taken backstage to the hallways which care covered in spray painted lettering of 'We takin' over!' and words to that effect. The lights in the arena go out and once they return JTG cockily skips to the ring with Ezekiel Jackson following him close behind.

JTG: IT WAS ME!

JTG proclaims to the crowd as he enters the ring accompanied by Ezekiel Jackson.

JTG: It was me! I did it, I beat up the backstage worker with help from ma' lil' friend right here, Ezekiel Jackson! This is a sign of things to come. We takin' over EWS and there ain't nothin' you can do about it! We're the revolution of 'dis business.

Paul Heyman's music echoes throughout the ring area as JTG looks on unimpressed. The owner of EWS approaches the ring with a microphone in his possession.

Heyman: So you think you can screw up this night for me, do you?

JTG: We ain't screwin' up a thing. I'm provin' a point, we're the revolution of this business. I can turn people to join me; I'm makin' money, I'm winnin' matches and bitches, I got it all, dog.

JTG slides under the ropes and sits on the railing separating the crowd from ringside. He strokes the side of a young attractive girl's face, clearly with her boyfriend.

JTG: You want this, don't 'cha baby?

JTG chuckles to himself, regardless of her response he still would have chuckled. He looks at the boyfriend.

JTG: Yeah, she wants this, you want to be this. It works on both genders obviously!

JTG chuckles to himself again as Ezekiel Jackson moves closer to the ropes to keep a close eye on the protection of JTG. The attacker of the backstage worker rolls back into the ring to face his furious boss.

JTG: I got the JTG effect, bitch. I got it all and there ain't nuttin' anybody can do about it!

Heyman: I know something I can do. You're both suspended without pay until further notice. Who's got the money now, bitch? I'm a nice guy though and everyone's allowed a farewell match and I've got someone just dying to punish you so you won't be walking out of this building - your feet will be in the air after RON KILLINGS kicks your ass out the door! Next week in your EWS farewell match for now, it'll be you versus Ron Killings, with your man Ezekiel Jackson there banned from ringside!

JTG shakes his head with his eyes wide open in clear disgust.

JTG: Uh Uh, that ain't happenin', you can't do that!

Heyman: I just did, dog.

JTG: All that jail time's turned that Ron Killings into a damn snitch, a sell-out, dog! He ain't real!

As EWS heads to a commercial, Ron Killings appears at the top of the entrance ramp, staring down JTG.

EWS cuts backstage where Davey Richards and Christian Cage are seen entering the arena, both intent on walking out of EWS' debut show victorious in the triple threat main event; Cage versus Richards versus Dinero.

Commercial Break
D'Angelo Dinero's music plays to a positive reception as The Pope approaches the ring in his usual black vest and pants. With a microphone in hand, Pope enters the ring prepared to address the audience.

Dinero: Now The Pope needs to preach to the people and he'll be doing just that. We have one hel-... -heaven of a main event tonight, people. A triple threat with three of the best wrestlers in the world but one of those wrestlers is just a little more holy, a little more smarter, a little more stronger, a little more attractive and quite frankly my people, a little more talented. When the smoke clears The Pope will be standing tall and stamping his ticket for a shot at that EWS World Heavyweight Championship. There ain't no one better to represent this company and The Pope thinks he will have proven himself enough with a victory tonight to gain an opportunity for that beautiful gold belt which would look beautiful around his waist. So, The Pope would like to take this opportunity right now to organize the engraving of his name on the belt. Now if The Pope is on television he assumes that everyone is watching, so he assumes that the title belt engravers are watching too, now Pope would like..

Davey Richards' theme song interrupts D'Angelo Dinero's request to have his name engraved on the title belt. The one and only Richards stands atop the ramp with his tights on and a t-shirt. Possessing a microphone he begins to walk towards the ring.

Richards: Could you shut the hell up?!

Pope is visibly offended at Richards' language.

Richards: You come out here acting as if you've already won the match, here's a newsflash: the match is later on tonight in the main event, idiot! The match is the one that's later on where I'm going to pummel that 'gorgeous' face of yours viciously, the same match that will leave you exiting the ring in a stretcher. You've pissed me off twenty minutes before the freaking match, Dinero, it hasn't even started - not a good move. I'll demolish both you and Christian and prove myself to be the dominant force of this company and become its first ever world champion. So why don't you shut up and put your gear on in the locker room instead of playing to the crowd like a kiss-ass bitch!

Dinero: The Pope cannot help if he is appreciated by his onlookers, he's the whole package and will prove that later tonight. Davey Richards you will fall victim to Pope, you do not realize who you are speaking to..

Richards: Alright, alright, alright, you know what? You keep talking yourself up out here because I'm not a big talker, I let my fists do the talking. Just remember something, 'Pope', actions speak louder than words..

Richards drops his microphone and walks back up the entrance ramp, shaking his head in disapproval of The Pope D'Angelo Dinero.

Dinero: Pope want you to remember one thing too, Davey Richards. Pope is.. PIMPIN'!

The audience scream out the latter in sync with Dinero as EWS heads to a break.

Commercial Break
Upon the return of EWS Ken Doane and Petey Williams' theme song hit to a negative reception as the tag team approaches the ring for their tag team match-up.

Following Doane and Williams entering the ring, The Briscoes' theme song hits to a popular reception from the audience as Jay and Mark run towards the ring, exhibiting their intensity and mindset for the match.

Match 3 | The Briscoe Brothers vs. Ken Doane and Petey Williams​
Doane and Williams display their ability to mold well as a tag team as they managed to control the dominant tag team in The Briscoes for a lot of the match, not allowing them to break away and really apply some damage to Doane and Williams' hopes of winning. The Briscoes regained an advantage when they nailed their double shoulder block. From there on The Briscoes maintained the momentum and managed to fend off any chance of Doane and Williams regaining control. Towards the end Doane and Williams appeared to almost gain a roll-up victory, however Jay managed to kick out and nail a Jay-Driller before he and his partner finished off their opponents with a springboard doomsday device.
Winners | The Briscoe Brothers via Pinfall​
The brothers lean over the ropes after the hard-fought win, allowing themselves to have a breather, however they take advantage of their time as Doane and Williams jump them from behind. A brawl erupts which concludes with The Young Bucks sprinting down to the ring and making the save for The Briscoes. The two teams shake hands as EWS goes to another commercial break.

Commercial Break
As EWS returns, Jonathan Coachman stands backstage and approaches a sitting Davey Richards strapping his wrists in preparation for the main event.

Coachman: Excuse me, Davey, could I ask you a few questions?

Richards looks up unimpressed. The tough Richards rips the end of the tape off that he was strapping and stands up for Coachman.

Coachman: You seemed to make The Pope D'Angelo Dinero your target out there tonight, will you be focusing on him especially in the ring later or was all that talk just in the heat of the moment.

Richards smirks.

Richards: Jonathan, when I say something I mean it. I'm not like all those other guys who go out there making up these ridiculous nicknames for themselves talking themselves up. I'm not a big talker and I believe actions speak louder than words, so me kicking both Dinero and Cage's asses out there tonight is better than any crap someone can say out there on the mic. Also, if you had noticed, I didn't say I'd focus on Dinero, because I only focus on one thing when I'm in that ring; victory and I'll be victorious at the conclusion of this show.

Out of nowhere, Christian Cage appears and face to face with Richards.

Cage: So you think you're going to kick both our asses tonight, huh, Davey? I don't even care that you mentioned Dinero to be honest, he can sit backstage with his freaking bible for all I care. It's the fact you said you'd kick my ass that bothers me.

Richards: Really, Christian? Like what I just said, when I say something, I mean it and believe me, I really meant it now.

Christian: For someone who says they don't like talking crap you're sure talking a lot of crap right now. If there's anymore of it in you I'll make sure to kick it out of you in the ring right now and I meant that, Davey. See you out there.

A seething Richards looks on as Christian leaves.

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero's theme song hits and a much more focused Pope approaches the ring compared to before, obviously eager to prove himself in his first match for the company. The animosity between the three competitors of the match is now at its peak and things could turn personal.

Richards is next out with his theme music hitting to heat as he approaches the ring sternly and swiftly, focusing on Dinero and that ring. Dinero stares down Richards as he enters the ring. The referee blocks Richards' path towards Dinero as he can predict what will occur if he doesn't prevent Richards from having an opportunity to attack.

Silence takes over the arena in as the audience anticipates Christian Cage's arrival. His music hits to cheers as Captain Charisma approaches the arena trash-talking his opponents as he walks down the ramp.

Main Event | Christian Cage vs. D'Angelo Dinero vs. Davey Richards​
The three proved why they are in the company's first ever main event with this performance. Each competitor showcased their ability and looked victorious at different times. Dinero, eager to prove himself started the match off aggressively and unloaded on both Cage and Richards. Richards took the momentum from Dinero with a Damage Reflex before Cage took advantage of Richards' concentration on Dinero and performed a falling inverted DDT. Neither man could gain a proper upper-hand throughout the entire match - the three were perfect match-ups. The conclusion came with Cage missing a frog splash on Richards which resulted in a recovering Richards to nail a DR Driver II on the unsuspecting Cage. Richards then turned to a recovering Dinero with a sinister grin, however Dinero reversed an attempted DR Driver into a double knee facebreaker, knocking Richards backwards into the corner turnbuckles, setting himself up for a DDE which The Pope nailed perfectly. As Richards collapsed forward, seemingly unconscious, The Pope looked down at Richards with a smirk on his face, however he did it for one second too long. Cage shocked Dinero appearing behind him and nailing a Killswitch and gaining the victory.
Winner | Christian Cage via Pinfall​
Christian Cage climbs up the corner turnbuckles and signals a title around his waist with a huge smirk on his face as the crowd cheer for him. Davey Richards rolls out of the ring and stumbles up the ramp visibly furious and hurt. As Christian leaves, Dinero remains in the ring on the canvas, still recovering from the Killswitch. Unbeknownst to Cage as he retreats to backstage, Bryan Danielson enters the ring from the crowd and viciously beats The Pope down to jeers and heat from the crowd. He looks down on Dinero in disgust as EWS' debut show comes to a close.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Continuation...
EWSWrestling.com welcomes back EWS' second show, streaming live from The Ocean Center in Florida's Daytona Beach yet again. Elite Wrestling Society's owner, Paul Heyman will be making an announcement concerning the future with EWS, questions have been raised as to what that announcement may be, be prepared to possibly witness history as Paul Heyman makes the announcement.

Last week, JTG was suspended indefinitely from EWS, along with his partner in crime Ezekiel Jackson. Paul Heyman announced that Ron Killings will kick JTG out of EWS in a final match for the man responsible for the vicious beating of a backstage worker on EWS' debut show. With Ezekiel Jackson banned from ringside and Ron Killings eager to teach JTG a lesson, the encounter could get very heated with the two already expressing a dislike for one another.

Matt Sydal will face Armando Estrada in a singles match.

At the conclusion of EWS' debut show, Bryan Danielson unleashed a vicious beating on The Pope D'Angelo Dinero and to no surprise, Pope wants to confront Danielson concerning the beating. One never lost for words, Pope is said to be eagerly awaiting their encounter and will be questioning the self-proclaimed Best in the World whenever he can in the program.

Do not miss EWS' second show in its history, this Wednesday at 9PM!

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

A continuation...
January 20, 2010​
EWS' second show opens with The Pope D'Angelo Dinero's presence gracing the arena. The Pope approaches the ring sporting a black suit jacket with a vest of the same color underneath that along with pants that are also black. With a microphone in hand, Pope does not look to pleased and odds are it's concerning Bryan Danielson's unprovoked assault on The Pope last week after the main event. Pope enters the ring through the ropes and circles the ring a couple of times before finally speaking.

Pope: The Pope wants to know one thing. The Pope wants to know why in the hell Bryan Danielson attacked him last week after the main event; why he exhibited such cowardly actions for all to see, why he jumped on The Pope from behind, why he didn't just confront The Pope. The Pope's calling you out Bryan Danielson, The Pope's calling you out.

The Final Countdown hits to a mixed reaction as Danielson appears at the top of the ramp in a v-neck jumper with a button-up shirt underneath along with jeans. He possesses a microphone and wastes no time speaking as he approaches the ring.

Danielson: It's this crap right here that pisses me off! You come out here with your stupid little gimmick, prancing around referring to yourself in third-person and screaming out stupid catchphrases.

Danielson enters the ring and approaches Pope up close and personal.

Danielson: Your sort of persona is the type I despise and I've targeted you. I am my own man, I pave my own way and make my problems go away. I have a problem with you, Pope, I've got a big problem with you so I'm going to make you go away - I will destroy you. Don't think I'm kidding, I will, I am the best in this business, the best in the world and if you know what's best for you, you'll stay out of my frigging way!

The Pope is visibly unimpressed with Bryan Danielson's mindset.

Pope: The Pope doesn't appreciate this. The Pope doesn't appreciate this at all, you show respect to The Pope, Bryan Danielson, you show respect to him. You say you're the best in this business, well you're entirely wrong because you're looking at this business' superior. Pope should not be breathing the same air as you and as a matter of fact he feels quite comfortable being in your presence without some form of mask or even barrier. The Pope wins matches, The Pope has his head as the face of companies, The Pope gets women because The Pope is..

Danielson interrupts Pope's catchphrase.

Danielson: Cut the crap, you absolute tool. If you're going to stand here and tell me you're better than me and look me in the eye while doing it, prepare for a beating, you pathetic excuse for a wrestler. I have wrestled in cities all over this country for next to nothing, I have left blood, sweat and tears in rings just like this everywhere I've been, you cannot tell me you're better than me, I live and breath this business and always have. You're not a professional wrestler, you're an entertainer who's in this for the paycheck. I'm here to stand at the top and fend off every wannabe that tries to climb the ladder below me. Leave your fancy clothes behind, leave your jewelery behind, leave your stupid catchphrases behind and learn a thing or two about this business!

Pope is furious with Danielson, staring him directly in the eyes breathing heavily, seething towards Danielson.

Pope: Pope is in this to win, he's in this to be top dog, he's in this to be EWS World Heavyweight Champion and don't you ever question Pope's intentions again, fight Pope one on one right here, right now!

A smirk appears across the face of Danielson as that has clearly been his motive the entire time, he has eagerly awaited an opportunity to get physical with The Pope. Danielson shoves Pope before Pope retaliates with a swing which Danielson ducks and replies with a microphone to the forehead of Pope. Pope collapses to the canvas while Danielson leaps onto him and unloads right and left hands anywhere he can land them. Two referees sprint to the ring to restrain the uncontrollable and unpredictable Danielson. As Danielson is held back into the corner turnbuckles by the referees, Paul Heyman's theme music hits and the EWS owner stands atop the entrance ramp.

Heyman: What the hell is wrong with you?! You think you can just assault people anywhere at anytime you feel like it? I just suspended two idiots for doing that last week, should I try for a frigging hat-trick? I tell you what, tonight you're going to have a shot at Pope but he's going to have someone on his side. Tonight's main event is going to be The Pope D'Angelo Dinero and Christian Cage versus You Bryan, and Davey Richards.

The crowd cheers in favor of the match as Danielson maintains a smirk on his face, nodding his head accepting the match that has been made. EWS goes to a commercial break.

Commercial Break
EWS returns as DJ Khaled's 'We Takin' Over' hits and JTG approaches the ring. JTG sports his typical dark jeans and Timberland boots with an unimpressed look etched across his face as he tilts his head up in a demeaning manner. Todd Grisham reminds us that this will be JTG's final match for an indefinite period of time. Ezekiel Jackson is banned from ringside - that stipulation certainly playing a part in JTG's obvious disliking of the situation.

What's Up echoes throughout the arena as the energetic and exciting Killings runs to the ring, contrasting JTG's entrance. The lively Killings slides into the ring, performs his signature dance moves before pointing at JTG and trash-talking.

Match 1 | Ron Killings vs. JTG​
JTG demonstrated a clear ability to wrestle in the match-up. Killings is a showman and there is no way he would allow his ability to be discredited. The match was an even, back-and-forth affair. Killings showcased his ability to dominate a match at some points, however JTG fought back and almost stole the win at numerous times. Once JTG had attempted his second unsuccessful roll-up, Killings nailed a sit-out jaw breaker as JTG guided him up. Taking advantage of a groggy JTG, Killings planted a kick in his gut and successfully finished him off with a corkscrew scissors kick. Kicking JTG out of EWS.
Winner | Ron Killings via Pinfall​
Killings looks down at JTG as the referee holds his hand up marking the victory. Killings trash-talks towards JTG as he looks down at his opponent before exiting the ring. JTG is now officially suspended indefinitely from Elite Wrestle Society. He stands back up in the center of the ring, takes one last displeasing look at the crowd before exiting via the ramp with a slight smirk on his face. Has JTG found a financial backup for his indefinite suspension?

As EWS heads to a commercial, its owner Paul Heyman is seen heading down hallways approaching the ring. It looks like the EWS Owner will be making his announcement.

Commercial Break
The theme of EWS Owner Paul E. Heyman hits and none other than that man approaches the ring from the curtain. Sporting his usual cap, ponytail and black coat he enters the ring. With a microphone clutched in his hand, Heyman circles the ring slowly before beginning to speak.

Heyman: In just one week, we have come a long way in the wrestling world as a whole, because the standard has been so frigging low for so frigging long, our debut show last week proved that real wrestling still lives, it still breathes, it still survives! This doesn't have to be as hardcore as ECW, this doesn't have to be as appearance-orientated as WWE - yes, I said it, I said an opposing company's name on national TV! You know why? Because we don't care! This is Elite Wrestling Society, we're superior to any wrestling product on the damn planet and we'll prove it! That's why it gives me great pleasure in announcing the name of our first ever pay-per-view; EWS I: Newfound Glory!

Paul Heyman is interrupted by the theme of Davey Richards who approaches the ring with an unsatisfied and angered expression on his face.

Richards: Paul, you babble on about how good of a company this is, how beautiful it is and how it's the best damn promotion on the planet. We're the home of 'real' wrestling, our tag line is 'wrestling how it should be perceived' but Paul, there's one small problem; we don't have a frigging world champion! It's bad enough I wasn't just handed it and it's bad enough you just announced our first pay-per-view without a world champion on the card, so do us all a favor, at least give me the main event on the card to win the EWS World Heavyweight Championship.

Heyman: I've been told I'm one of the smartest minds this business has ever witnessed, Davey, I've been called a genius in the environment of professional wrestling, so you telling me how to run a damn company doesn't really float my boat! I will give you some credit though, you've got balls and I like it. You and Christian obviously have a problem with each other after you're little confrontation last week and there's some animosity between Pope D'Angelo Dinero and Bryan Danielson. Now I know it's been announced that you and Danielson are teaming tonight to battle your little friend Christian and D'Angelo Dinero but I've just come up with a better idea - and I get a lot of good ideas, Davey, that's why I am where I am. The main event tonight of Davey Richards and Bryan Danielson versus Christian Cage and D'Angelo Dinero HAS BEEN CANCELED!

The crowd boo and Davey Richards shakes his head at what he thinks is Heyman's stupidity.

Heyman: INSTEAD, it will be Davey Richards and CHRISTIAN CAGE versus THE POPE D'ANGELO DINERO AND BRYAN DANIELSON, with the winning team gaining the main event EWS World Heavyweight Championship match at EWS I: Newfound Glory and losing team battling each other with nothing on the line. So you and your little friend will have to cooperate because if you don't, say 'bye bye' to a world title opportunity, Davey!

Richards looks on fuming.

Richards: I'll just let my fists do the talking, Paul. No matter what scenario you place me in, I'll come out on top and if I have to get along with that idiot for one match to gain a match against him for the title where I kick his ass and claim that title, then so be it.

Backstage JTG is captured on camera leaving the arena when Jonathan Coachman gains his attention and begins to question him.

Coachman: JTG, this was your last match for an indefinite amount of time for EWS and it's only the second week since we debuted on television, does this bother you?

JTG maintains a cocky persona as he studies Coachman from top to bottom, silently judging him in his mind.

Coachman: Why would you even care, dog? If you must know, I ain't got nothin' to worry 'bout!

JTG chuckles to himself with an arrogant half smile.

JTG: I got some stuff lined up, believe me it's all good, this ain't gon' hurt me one bit. You'll see.

JTG continues down the path he was heading, exiting the arena.

Commercial Break
The Elite Wrestling Society returns with Ken Doane and Petey Williams approaching the ring to their theme music. With a negative reaction, the arrogant pair enter the ring awaiting the team that interrupted their brawl with The Briscoes last week.

The Young Bucks' music hits to a chorus of cheers as the pair sprints down to the ring, exhibiting their energetic approach to situations. The brothers slide into the ring.

Match 2 | Nick Jackson w/Matt Jackson vs. Ken Doane w/Petey Williams​
The match displays a slight form of animosity between the two sides as Ken Doane fended off a swift attack from Nick Jackson as he slid in the ring. Doane managed to control the match for the majority, grounding the high-flyer. However, once given the opportunity, Jackson gained momentum and broke free of Doane's control and forced Doane into falling victim to a missile dropkick followed by an unsuccessful pin attempt. Doane finally regained control through dodging a 450˚ Splash and finishing Jackson with a Sky-High Leg Drop.
Winner | Ken Doane via Pinfall​
Backstage in the interview area there stands Teddy Hart, sporting his wrestling attire and possessing a microphone.

Hart: I wanna get one thing straight with you people. I do not care what anyone thinks about me bringing in a second championship to Elite Wrestling Society and that 'everyone' means 'everyone', including Paul Heyman. Paul Heyman, I don't give a damn what you think about me bringing in a second title, hell I'm even organizing it myself since I know you won't help me - something I've gotten used to doing in this business. If you're not going to represent this company properly, I will. It all comes back to the old saying 'if you want something done, do it yourself' and I'm quickly learning in this company that that's the case.

Hart pauses to have a breath before he gets too carried away.

Hart: I'm going to debut the title at EWS I: Newfound Glory in an open challenge, that's how dedicated to this I am. Anyone can challenge for this belt and I will defeat them, immediately displaying what this title is all about.

Austin Watson appears on screen and places himself close to Teddy Hart, staring directly into his eyes, allowing the camera to view his profile. Watson snatches the microphone out of Hart's hand and begins to speak.

Watson: You better watch yourself the second you bring in that title, my man. The second. Because I'll tell you right now, this little 'I don't give a damn' act means nothing, it's not gonna help you when you're in the ring with me...

Before Watson can continue, Hart cuts him off.

Hart: Who do you think you are interrupting this? You're nothing, you don't know anything about this business. You're a fake, you're a show pony...

Watson returns the favor and interrupts Hart before he can continue.

Watson: I'll stop you right there, and believe me, that's doing you a favor. You can keep acting tough because you're bringing the belt in but I'll tell you this right now, as soon as it's in my sight, I'll take it from you. Keep insulting me, keep disrespecting me but remember, for every action, there's a consequence.

Watson drops his microphone on the interview area floor and vacates the premises as Hart looks on angrily.

Commercial Break
EWS returns with Armando Estrada approaching the ring for his match, coming off a disappointing showing last week in EWS' debut show.

Matt Sydal's theme music hits to an overwhelmingly positive reaction. The exciting high-flyer is obviously a fan-favorite as he sprints down to the ring.

Match 3 | Matt Sydal vs. Armando Estrada​
In another embarrassing showing for Armando Estrada, Matt Sydal dominated in the extremely quick match. After a failed attempt to begin the match with a powerful few swings, Sydal took advantage of an off-balance Estrada and dropkicked him from behind after rebounding off the ropes. From there it went downhill very quickly before Sydal finished off with a hurracanrana to set Estrada up for the Shooting Star Press which ended the short match.
Winner | Matt Sydal via Pinfall​
Armando Estrada trudges off up towards backstage as Joey Styles questions Estrada's dedication.

Backstage, Jonathan Coachman approaches Estrada as he is heading to the locker room.

Coachman: Armando, Armando, how do you feel after that performan...

Estrada cuts off The Coach.

Estrada: I'm a businessman at heart, I know what I'm doing most of the time. I'm not as stupid as you think... Now get out of my way!

On the other side of backstage, towards the ring area, Davey Richards and Christian Cage cross paths heading to the ring.

Richards: You better not screw this up, Christian. If for some miraculous reason I don't get the pinfall and you're responsible for us losing because you stupidly got your ass kicked, it means we don't get a shot at the EWS World Heavyweight Championship.

Cage: You'll be getting your ass kicked at Newfound Glory after I get the win here tonight. I'll be standing tall holding the EWS world title while your down and out. You're looking a bit fired up, Davey, too bad I'm on your side, looks like you'll have to let it out on Pope and Danielson...

Richards barges past his partner towards the ring.

Richards' music hits as he intently walks down the ramp, focuses solely on the ring ahead of him, blocking all other distractions out. His partner, Christian's music soon follows as he approaches the ring playing to the crowd who express their approval of the former world champion. The two partners stare directly into the eyes of one another, Christian sporting an arrogant smirk, Richards displaying a facial expression of pure concentration on the task at hand.

In the midst of the two partners in the ring displaying their disliking for each other, the other pair begin to approach the ring as The Final Countdown hits to a negative reception as The American Dragon approaches the ring, prepared for business. The Pope soon follows to a heavy chorus of cheers from the crowd.

Main Event | Christian Cage and Davey Richards vs. Brian Danielson and The Pope D'Angelo Dinero​
With what was on the table to play for, both teams had to put differences aside in order to gain what both members wanted. That being said, numerous times throughout the match members would be hesitant to tag the other in, even in times of need. Richards was vicious, he was animalistic, the world title is all that matters to this man and that was what was exhibited. Both teams weakened significantly by the halfway point of the match due to the intensity. Richards had pummeled Pope incessantly until the referee restrained him, Danielson had displayed similar traits to Richards in his treatment of Cage when given the opportunity, despite the fact all members would rather be attacking their partners. Towards the conclusion of the match, Danielson and Richards stood in the center of the ring as their opponents had recently tagged them in and now lie on their respective aprons. Richards and Danielson displayed their intensity as they pressed their faces together, ready to explode. The two traded right hands before eventually moving on to more powerful moves as one gained the upper-hand. Richards whipped Danielson to the ropes and connected with a knee to the gut followed by an unforgiving kick to The American Dragon's exposed back. Cage sneakily tagged himself in when a recovered Danielson forced Richards into his own corner with a dropkick, opening the opportunity for Cage. A furious Richards was aware of Cage's action once he saw him enter the ring via leaping off the top rope with a corkscrew European uppercut which knocks Danielson down. Cage continued with his suddenly gained momentum and knocked Pope off the apron and finished him off with a Killswitch which gains the victory for his team and sets up the main event of Newfound Glory.
Winners | Christian Cage and Davey Richards via Pinfall​
As Cage leans his arms onto the ropes, casually clapping as the crowd cheers, a furious Richards jumps him from behind, pummeling him incessantly before moving onto stomps and kicks. As Pope tries to interfere, he is speared down to the canvas by a semi-recovered Danielson who assaults his partner in the same fashion as Richards. Richards finishes Cage off with a DR Driver once he guides him back up to his feet, while Danielson concludes his vicious assault through throwing Pope into the ring post through the second rope and allowing his lifeless body to fall down to the ringside floor. Bryan Danielson and Davey Richards stand tall in the middle of the ring and acknowledge that the other is there, however there is no form of respect shown. The two simply stand there panting as EWS' second show concludes.

-EWS I: Newfound Glory Card-
EWS World Heavyweight Championship | Christian Cage vs. Davey Richards
The Pope D'Angelo Dinero vs. Bryan Danielson
Teddy Hart's New Title Open Challenge | Teddy Hart vs. TBD​

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From PWInsider.com
Elite Wrestling Society is excited with the progress it is making. The first two episodes of their events have been filmed in The Ocean Center in Florida's Daytona Beach and broadcast to EWSWresling.com. Pro Wrestling Insider can now announce that EWS will be broadcast from New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom - famous in the wrestling world for events from the original ECW - until further notice. EWS will hold it's debut pay-per-view there too, EWS I: Newfound Glory, headlined by Davey Richards and Christian Cage battling it out to become the first ever EWS World Heavyweight Champion.

EWS is said to be interested in introducing a 'riddle' focused gimmick, where the professional wrestler is highly educated and enjoys teasing opponents with riddles. This is a gimmick backstage workers are apparently very high on and it may be introduced quite soon.

Elite Wrestling Society is apparently very interested in Ring of Honor's Austin Aries and could reach a deal very soon.

When questioned on the direction of EWS, Owner Paul Heyman declares he is satisfied going along steadily with the promotion as he feels EWS will 'probably reach a point where it's the best wrestling product in North America real soon.' He remains very confident in the promotion but believe he can build Elite Wrestling Society up to become a unique entity in the professional wrestling world.

EWS World Heavyweight Championship |
Christian Cage vs. Davey Richards
Teddy Hart's New Title Open Challenge | Teddy Hart vs. TBD​

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Payback's a possibility...
Elite Wrestling Society welcomes you to its new home, The Hammerstein Ballroom this Wednesday as EWS is broadcast from there onto its live streaming on EWSWrestling.com.

This week, EWS can announce that there will be a new addition to the roster as Joey Mercury will be debuting with the company and facing Ron Killings in singles action. Mercury will grace the Elite Wrestling Society ring for the first time and hope to garner the approval of those whose opinions matter when he battles The Truth. Mercury has made it clear he intends to defeat Ron Killings in rather satisfying fashion. Could there be something far more personal between these two than what the naked eye can see?

After last week's conclusion involving a vicious and unforgiving statement inflicted physically by Davey Richards and Bryan Danielson towards their respective opponents for EWS I: Newfound Glory, Christian Cage and The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, the two are forced to face off against each other in the January 27 main event. The two are known as the most ruthless individuals in Elite Wrestling Society and the two against each other will cause an explosion in the ring.

Zack Ryder versus Matt Sydal, as well as The Briscoes versus Ken Doane and Petey Williams have been been announced to take place.

All that and much more.

Do not miss EWS' third show in its history, this Wednesday at 9PM!

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

New things...
Hammerstein Ballroom
January 27, 2010​
As viewers are introduced to EWS' third episode, an announcement is already made; Davey Richards versus Bryan Danielson is the main event. The two last men standing from last week's main event will be engaging in what will surely be an epic battle. Another match is announced for next week, with Christian Cage facing a mystery opponent. Todd Grisham begins his commentary and welcome the viewers to Hammerstein Ballroom before announcing that the first match includes one of EWS' newest additions to the roster, Joey Mercury. Grisham also informs viewers that there have been numerous other signings and discussions occurring in the past week, making EWS all that more exciting.

What's Up?! is heard throughout the ballroom as the ever popular Ron Killings approaches the ring in his usual energetic fashion. It is unknown as to why Joey Mercury was so keen to face The Truth, all that is known is that his eagerness was overwhelming. Speaking of the devil, Joey Mercury makes his first appearance in EWS, debuting a new theme song; much more intimidating, yet still flashy like he has always been. Approaching the ring in just simple grey tights with a pattern imprinted, Mercury's focus is solely on the awaiting Killings.

Match 1 | Ron Killings vs. Joey Mercury​
The debuting Mercury wasted no time in beginning the match. Immediately charging towards his opponent with a Lou Thesz Press to knock Killings down to the canvas, before pummeling away at the face of The Truth. Mercury continued to maintain a dominating momentum for the opening half of the match before Killings' swiftness allowed him to escape difficult predicaments and achieve the upper-hand in the contest with a dropkick and a few running impacting moves, however Mercury simply had demolition tattooed on his mind and used illegal tactics to ensure Killings' control remained in his possession. Mercury concluded the match with a corkscrew neckbreaker (shot at Morrison in WWE?) after almost being disqualified for choking Killings against the bottom rope.
Winner | Joey Mercury via Pinfall​
Mercury is successful in his debut match for EWS in what almost appeared to be a personal grudge match with Killings due to his actions.

Mercury snatches the microphone from the EWS ring announcer as he begins to speak to the Hammerstein Ballroom audience.

Mercury: Yeah, I'm here. I just kicked Ron Killings' ass in my first match. EWS finally has someone worthy of calling themselves the total package. It's pieces of trash like Killings here that learn that the hard way. I'll continue being this dominant because I'm unstoppable... literally. I've got support in numerous places you're all unaware of. Watch me soar.

Mercury drops the microphone carelessly and exits the ring as EWS transitions to backstage where Christian Cage stands by with Jonathan Coachman. Cage, sporting a loose, button-up white silk shirt and jeans maintains his usual confident persona.

Coachman: Christian, you've got the night off tonight, you don't have to compete tonight - but next week you do. Next week you're facing a mystery opponent, does this bother you?

Cage: Well of course it bothers me, Coach, something like that's going to bother anyone. Not only do I have a match to worry about, I have a match to worry about that I can't prepare confidently for because there's a mystery surrounding my opponent. I don't know whether they're big or small, fast or slow, good or bad; hell, guy or girl. If you had ever been in a ring before in a proper match where perhaps maybe success was involved, you'd realize that the presence of Captain Charisma is enough to send shivers down the spine of the opposing individual, let alone my ability.

Coachman: Yeah, I hear you're pretty amazing... Anyway, that match will be your final match before EWS I: Newfound Glory, do you worry that this will affect your chances of being crowned the first ever EWS World Heavyweight Champion?

Cage: There's no chances when something's a certainty. Get the engraving done now, bring the belt in; hell, put it around my waist now. I'll be walking out of Newfound Glory the EWS World Heavyweight Champion. Now, if you excuse me, I'm just going to go and crack open a beer and watch the show from the sidelines, and do me a favor Coach, don't disturb the genius... me, in case even you didn't pick up that.

Commercial Break
Upon the return of EWS, The Briscoes are seen approaching the ring to their theme song as the EWS audience welcomes the brothers.

Ken Doane and Petey Williams are quick to enter this match, as their theme song cuts off The Briscoe Brothers' as soon as they are in the ring. Todd Grisham questions whether there two teams will force the higher-ups into announcing a tag title match for EWS I: Newfound Glory.

Match 2 | The Briscoe Brothers vs. Ken Doane and Petey Williams​
Both teams possess one goal, to prove to be the superior tag team in Elite Wrestling Society. The Briscoe Brothers, possibly the most ruthless tag team in all the world continue their trend of simply 'kicking ass' whenever they can. There's nothing fancy with this team as the two produced a physical encounter with the team of Ken Doane and Petey Williams. Doane exhibited his athletic ability and wrestling ability overall through successfully performing a forearm smash to Jay Briscoe's head and finishing off the opponent with a textbook dropkick followed by a leg drop. The Briscoes regained momentum towards the conclusion of the match after hitting a double shoulder block from their three-point stance, followed by a double flapjack onto Petey Williams. Ken Doane attempted to interfere from the apron and take out Mark from behind with a clothesline, which was successful, however his eagerness proved to be his downfall in the match when he immediately attempted his Sky High Leg Drop which proved unsuccessful. A groggy and recovering Petey Williams walked straight into Jay Briscoe who lifted him up in anticipation for an airborne Mark who nailed the springboard doomsday device for the victory.
Winners | The Briscoe Brothers via Pinfall​
Paul Heyman's theme song hits as The Briscoes celebrate their victory in the ring. The Owner of EWS interrupts the victory.

Heyman: It's been proven that we've got a pretty damn good tag team division centered around the currently vacant belts. So right now I'm announcing it: The Briscoes versus Ken Doane and Petey Williams versus The Young Bucks will be added to the EWS I: Newfound Glory card and determine the first ever EWS Tag Team Champions!

Jay and Mark Briscoe high five each other in the middle of the ring in jubilation from the announcement.

Commercial Break
The Pope's recognizable theme song emanates from the EWS speakers as the popular Pope approaches the ring sporting his usual black button-up vest as well as his black suit pants - the usual Pope uniform in EWS. The Pope possess a microphone as he stands before the Elite Wrestling Society crowd in the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Pope: Pope would like to declare one thing to all of you. Pope would like to declare that he will defeat The American Dragon Bryan Danielson at EWS I: Newfound Glory, he will force Bryan Danielson to pay for his cowardly act. This nobody came from behind and paid no respect to Pope, not that he's paid respect to anyone in this company, walking around like he's god's gift to this promotion - let The Pope tell you something, I am god's gift to this earth! The Pope is holier than holy water, he has more gifts than the bottom of a Christmas tree! There ain't nothing cowardly about The Pope, The Pope is confronting, Pope don't take this crap lightly!

Pope pauses momentarily to take a breath.

Pope: The Pope will one day be champion of this company! The Pope is a perfect representation of the human race, let alone this company. It's become damn obvious to Pope that this Danielson fellow is jealous of Pope's abilities; jealous of Pope's looks, Pope's aura, Pope's wrestling skills and Pope's potential. The Pope is everything Bryan Danielson wants and needs - in simple; Pope is better than Danielson. Pope will beat Danielson and Pope will move on to bigger, better things.

Pope pauses once more, this time with a noticeable smile on his face, almost indicating he's impressed with the audience.

Pope: Ya'll love The Pope?! Ya'll believe in Pope?! Ya'll watch Pope kick Bryan Danielson's ass at Newfound Glory and prove that POPE IS PIMPIN'!

A pop occurs at a suddenly energetic Pope as he drops the microphone and exits the ring to his theme music. Todd Grisham hypes the main event of the show as EWS goes to a commercial break.

Commercial Break
Zack Ryder's energetic theme song emanates from the speakers across the stage as the aforementioned approaches the ring as exciting as he always is. With 'WOO WOO WOO' coming from his mouth as he hits the ring and 'You know it!' soon following, the charismatic individual appears hyped up for his match.

Matt Sydal's music plays as the incredibly gifted high-flyer approaches the ring, mentally prepared.

Match 3 | Matt Sydal vs. Zack Ryder​
Ryder maintained a cocky aura of him throughout the entire match. Mocking the size of Sydal was number one on his list as he constantly poked fun at it to a mixed reaction. Ryder remained in a brawling-type mindset for the opening minutes landing some forearm shots before whipping Sydal to the corner to then connect with a running clothesline. The mocking continued, however the tables turned for Ryder when Sydal reacted with a quick dropkick followed by a swift rebound off the ropes into a running hurracanrana. A groggy Ryder walked into an Enzuigiri which he managed to duck and counter with a vicious swinging neckbreaker in which he expresses his satisfaction with through a loud, 'YES!' As Sydal groggily returned to his feet, a hovering Ryder finishes him off with a swift Rough Ryder.
Winner | Zack Ryder​
Backstage, Jonathan Coachman approaches Davey Richards in the locker room.

Coach: Davey, Davey, do you think you can give us a few words about the main event?

Richards looks up, clearly unimpressed but reluctantly accepts the request.

Richards: What do you want? Seriously, what do you want? I have a match against Bryan-frigging-Danielson coming up!

Coach: I just wanted to get your thoughts on your match coming up, Davey...

Richards: My thoughts? What am I thinking... hmm... what am I thinking about? I'm thinking about the different ways I'm going to kick Danielson's ass out there tonight, I don't talk, I let my actions do the talking. I'll let my fists do the talking the second I'm in that ring. Yes, we may have been the last two men standing last week, but I couldn't give a rat's ass. I'm here for myself and myself only and you'll see that when I'm out there, because I show no forgiveness.

Commercial Break
Jonathan Coachman is seen running after Bryan Danielson as he approaches the entrance way to ringside.

Coach: Bryan, Bryan!

Danielson turns around to see Coachman running after him.

Coach: Can I get your thoughts on your upcoming match against Davey Richards?

Danielson: Someone's gonna get their head kicked in.

Danielson returns to heading towards ringside.

Danielson's theme music is heard throughout Hammerstein Ballroom as The Best Wrestler In The World approaches the ring, solely focuses on the ring. With a stern look etched on his face, he simply enters the ring and awaits Davey Richards.

Richards' music plays immediately and the equally as focused and stern opponent of Danielson approaches the ring.

Main Event | Bryan Danielson vs. Davey Richards​
The action commenced immediately as the two unloaded vicious and unforgiving right hands. The pummeling died down as Danielson gained control of Richards with an armtwist. Danielson controlled the match from then on with numerous knees and punches, maintaining a real brawling style until Richards could regain the momentum with a snap suplex followed by the Damage Reflex handspring enzuigiri. Following that change of momentum the match continued to go back and forth with Danielson exerting a ruthless aggression with impacting moves like a European Uppercut and a Dragon Suplex being forced upon Richards. After Richards nailed multiple shoot kicks, Christian Cage and The Pope D'Angelo Dinero appear at the top of the ramp before heading to ringside, gaining the attention of both competitors momentarily. Danielson capitalized on Richards being distracted by Pope and Cage and pulled his legs up to trip him and follow up through rebounding off the ropes with a leg drop. Danielson approaches the ropes and stared down Pope, exhibiting no fear, however it proved extremely costly as Danielson turned around into a vicious stiff head shot from Richards' boot which knocks him groggily against the ropes, setting him up for Richard's DR Driver which he nailed successfully.
Winner | Davey Richards via Pinfall​

Richards and Cage begin exchanging punches in the ring as an extremely damaged Danielson groggily makes it to his feet to pursue Pope. Danielson is furious, Danielson runs straight towards Pope with horrible intentions however Pope is prepared and drops Danielson with a chair shot, knocking him unconscious. Backstage workers sprint to the ring and restrain Cage as EWS goes off the air.

-EWS I: Newfound Glory-
Teddy Hart's New Title Open Challenge | Teddy Hart vs. TBD
EWS World Tag Team Championship | The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Young Bucks vs. Ken Doane and Petey Williams​

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The following is from PWInsider.com
Elite Wrestling Society has apparently signed multiple more talents to contracts and are engaging in serious discussion with numerous other talents. Rumors are circulating that one talent who is close to putting pen to paper is a former major name in the industry and is looking to sign a year long contract for one last run. Pro Wrestling Insider can confirm that Christopher Daniels has signed a contract with Elite Wrestling Society, as well as WWE alumni Chris Masters and Kevin Thorn. Austin Aries is allegedly very close to putting pen to paper within the next week and Monty Brown apparently has been seen talking over coffee with Paul Heyman.

Paul Heyman is expected to join Todd Grisham at commentary relatively soon. He will still maintain his on-screen character and make calls from the commentary table. This is an experimental move and may not be permanent.

July 4 will hold EWS' 'WrestleMania-like' pay-per-view, with a name still being discussed. 'Destiny' is said to be the favorite so far, it will be announced further into the future.

Santino Marella has been taking time off to sell the assault he received at the hands of Bryan Danielson in the first show. He is expected to return rather soon and take part in an angle.

As a contract signing is pending, and highly likely to be signed during the week by the wrestler, 'The Riddler-type' gimmick will possibly debut sometime close in the future. Expect EWS to hype the debut enthusiastically, possibly with video packages.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Great news. I'm loving what you have here. I personally can't wait for Cage/Richards and the Riddler gimmick.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading every bit of your shows.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last stop...
Elite Wrestling Society comes to you from the Hammerstein Ballroom on the final stop before its debut pay-per-view, EWS I: Newfound Glory. With the World Heavyweight Championship match already booked, Davey Richards certainly has the upper-hand heading into the historic match, as he is not booked to compete unlike his opponent, Christian Cage. Christian must face a mystery opponent, will Richards try to interfere in the match to guarantee himself the upper-hand? Will the uncertainty as to what type of opponent Cage will face prove too much?

EWS' latest addition, Joey Mercury will face off against The Pope D'Angelo Dinero in singles action. Mercury can utilize the match to prove himself to the EWS community, whilst The Pope can approach the match as a warm-up for his huge match at Newfound Glory against The American Dragon Bryan Danielson. Mercury's action has raised suspicion around EWS with many questions being raised concerning the man's motives.

EWS Owner Paul Heyman will return to the commentary table - an area he is certainly familiar with - for the first time under an EWS banner.

Ken Doane, Matt Jackson and Jay Briscoe will face off in a triple threat match as well, each man attempting to gain momentum heading into the triple threat EWS Tag Team Championship match at EWS I: Newfound Glory.

Do not miss EWS, this Wednesday at 9PM on www.ewswrestling.com!

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's nice that someone's trying something different with their BTB, although i'm not a fan of recapped shows, your roster, and things, your style's won me over. So anyway, here's a review of your last show, albeiet a bit late since I haven't been here since you started. :/.

It's nice that's you started by hyping your main event. It was a logical step after week 2, but God do I hate Davey. :D Anyway, smart move hyping that, and already hyping things up for next week.

Let me just say starting off, that I don't like the times of matches being shown...when they're written in full. When they're recapped, it adds a little extra piece of info, and it's something i'd like to see in your shows. Interesting push for Mercury though, I don't think i've ever seen anyone push him all the way though, so I can't see him doing much more.

Coach was actually pretty good as interviewer, it was nice how he pretty much no-sold Christian's claims of greatness. And you wrote Christian very well. Excellent promo in my eyes all around.

Another team I don't like in The Briscoes, but yeah, everything went pretty well in this match, but I thought it was weird how Doane and Williams just lost a tag match, and then got added to the title match at NFG. You probably would have been better off just having three teams win a match going into it, but meh. "Booking 101" says Doane and Williams taking the titles, so who knows?

Another great promo, this time from The Pope. You're already writing ace promos, at least in this thread. It was Pope being Pope, he didn't say anything innovative or anything, but it was basic stuff done in a good way. Burke and Danielson should be pretty awesome.

Ah, here we go, two guys i'm a fan of. Anyway, the match was a match, and an interesting decision for Ryder to go over on Sydal. I'm feeling them. I also think one or both of these guys would be a good fit to take on Teddy for his title.

Here we go with Davey being himself. You've got promos down to a T, and well, i'm pretty impressed, no doubt about it. But yeah, good promo for Davey standards i'd say.

Meh, Davey goes over. :( It was the logical thing since obviously he's going for a title at the PPV. But you also did a good job putting Danielson over as a great wrestler too. And the setup for a basic angle at the end was pretty good. You put over both matches as big deals by giving them the rub in the main event, although I thought the medics coming down after one chair shot was a bit cheesy.

Overall, I was very impressed. Like I said, the matches obviously aren't the point of recapped match shows, and that's fine. Your promos were SO good though, and i'm sure i'm late on the train on this one, but yeah, it was a good show, with sadly overlooked non-mainstream talent. My only problem is the promos were all a bit short, as well as I think you could have explained the crowd's reaction more to things, but meh. A no-nonsense back to basics show with some nice things coming in the future according to your preview. Minimal errors, clean style with colors and such, and a good, easy to read show overall. Good job.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Last stop...
Hammerstein Ballroom
February 3, 2010​
The final stop before EWS' debut pay-per-view begins immediately with a video package. Text fades onto a black screen with the following,

'When you're catered,
with the educated,
you will hate it,
and he'll have made it.'

The confused crowd are unable to determine how they should react to the rhyming riddle presented to them. There is no need to react to the video package once we are taken backstage where Bryan Danielson is seen viciously unloading punches into a punching bag. Jonathan Coachman approaches.

Coachman: Excuse me, Bryan would you have time for some questi-

Danielson: NO!

Danielson then approaches the camera angrily. The next thing we see is the camera hitting the ground and cutting out our broadcast to backstage. Todd Grisham questions the motive behind Danielson's attack of the camera before he can continue though, none other than Paul Heyman walks down the ramp while being applauded. The EWS owner joins Grisham at the commentary table, welcomes himself and then announces that Elite Wrestling Society has made multiple new signings. Grisham adopts a sudden kiss-ass approach and discusses how great the signings will be for Elite Wrestling Society and also questions whether one of the new additions to the roster could be Christian Cage's opponent.

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero's music hits to a welcoming reception as the charismatic self-proclaimed pimp approaches the ring energetically as always.

Joey Mercury's theme song then interrupts The Pope once he has entered the ring. Mercury approaches the ring with long hair and attire similar to what he wore during his WWE stint.

Match 1 | D'Angelo Dinero vs. Joey Mercury​
Both competitors exhibit their movesets in a rather impressive showing. Mercury had undertaken a seemingly personal attacking scheme into each of his activities since arriving in Elite Wrestling Society. The Pope knocked Mercury into his own possession with numerous right and left hands, showcasing his successful boxing past. Mercury eventually regained the momentum with an enzuigiri. Dinero continuously attempted to regain the momentum from there on, however Mercury managed to control Dinero until Ron Killings appeared on the apron and clutched Merucry's neck, as the referee checked on Dinero briefly, then drove his neck against the top rope. A groggy Mercury struggles back to two feet as Dinero dropkicks him into a corner and finishes him off with a DDE.
Winner | The Pope D'Angelo Dinero via pinfall​
Joey Mercury rolls out of the ring oozing of fury. Mercury snatches a microphone from ringside and begins speaking directly to Killings.

Mercury: You're going to regret that, Ron Killings. You're going to regret that.

Mercury approaches the commentary table in which Paul Heyman and Todd Grisham are located at.

Mercury: I want to speak with you, Paul.

Mercury drops the microphone and leans over the table, you can hear him organizing a meeting for backstage off the microphone as EWS heads into a commercial break.

Commercial Break
Upon the return from the commercial break, the camera displays a hallway wall with words painted in red paint,

'Will your perception of the inception affect my reception?'

Todd Grisham and Paul Heyman question why the rhymes are suddenly occurring and who is responsible. Heyman vows to investigate further into the peculiar situation. Just Close Your Eyes hits to a positive reception as the co-number one contender to the EWS World Heavyweight Championship approaches the ring in street clothes possessing a microphone. Paul Heyman and Todd Grisham discuss the main event Cage is participating in against a mystery opponent, which will undoubtedly be the center of his promo. As always, the potential world champion come the conclusion of Sunday's pay-per-view maintains his usual calm persona, not exhibiting any concern towards the main event.

Cage: It's something that's no doubt been discussed by many this week, from the audience, the fans watching on our website, the backstage workers to those wannabe know-it-all forum lurkers and no, it's not who will walk out the first EWS World Heavyweight Champion at EWS I: Newfound Glory. Why? Because there's nothing to discuss, there's no uncertainties concerning that match, I'll walk in better than Richards - hell, I'll walk in with a swagger bigger than Lil' Wayne getting out of jail - and I'll walk out better than him with that swagger, while his swagger is as small as what he'll accomplish that night.

Cage chuckles to himself.

Cage: As you can see I'm feeling pretty ghetto tonight, pretty gangsta with all this swagger talk. But that's not what I came out here for. What has been discussed recently is the announcement that tonight's main event is me facing a mystery opponent. Many have assumed it must bother me greatly; will I be facing a big opponent, a strong opponent, a small opponent, an athletic opponent, a fast opponent, a pathetic opponent? I don't care. The element of mystery surround this match does not bother me, I couldn't care less because I know my capabilities, I know what I can do in the ring and I can match it with the best, I can match it - no, I can exceed the best.

All of sudden, the Hammerstein Ballroom blacks out. After a few seconds the lights begin to flicker before finally returning to normal. Upon the return of light, drips of blood appear at Cage's feet. A puzzled Cage studies what has occurred.

Cage: There's some weird stuff going on around here. That does it for me out here, that's just strange. There's no emos in the audience is there?

After Cage's quipped the emo joke he drops the microphone and heads up the ramp. As EWS heads to a commercial break, Heyman announces he will be attending the backstage meeting Joey Mercury requested.

Commercial Break
Zack Ryder's music opens the return of EWS as the flamboyant wrestler approaches the ring in his usual exciting manner. The cocky individual slides into the ring in a provocative manner before awaiting his opponent in the corner.

Austin Watson's theme music hits to a decent reaction from the audience. The exciting young wrestler approaches the ring confidently, slapping hands with fans along the way.

Match 2 | Austin Watson vs. Zack Ryder​
Watson and Ryder exhibit an ample television match with Ryder continuously attempting to cut corners in order to steal the victory from the hard-working Watson. Watson gains a lot of respect from the audience every time he performs in the ring, as his spirit and dedication to the sport is always apparent. As the crowd expressed their support for Watson, it soon turned to disappointment. At the conclusion of a nifty punching combination, Ryder managed to duck another swing and sneak in a low blow unbeknown to the referee. Ryder then followed up with the Rough Ryder for the controversial victory.
Winner | Zack Ryder via pinfall​
The crowd's disliking of Ryder is apparent with a smirk etched onto his face. Upon snatching a microphone, Ryder saunters around the ring and towards the beginning of the ramp before turning around, his cockiness blatantly obvious.

Ryder: Did you see that? Did you see that? I bet you're all thrilled I came out on top, right?! And I bet you're all thrilled I'm the future of this company and the future EWS World Heavyweight Champion, right?! Well I know you're all thrill seekers, so here's something else to get thrilled about. At EWS' debut pay-per-view, EWS I: Newfound Glory, I'll be debuting something of my own... My own talk show! I can't wait for all of you to witness the inaugural episode of Zack Ryder's Woo Town! See you all there!

Ryder drops his microphone on the ground as he turns around and continues his journey back up the ramp, as the fans express their disapproval of his tactics and his talk show.

Commercial Break
Elite Wrestling Society returns with Matt Jackson sliding in the ring as his theme music begins to fade out and his brother supports him from the apron.

Ken Doane and Petey Williams' theme music interrupt and the two talented individuals approach the ring cockily, both possessing considerable capabilities in the ring. Doane enters the ring and stares down Jackson as The Briscoes' theme hits.

The Briscoes charge down to the ring, intent on beginning the match with a bang.

Match 3 | Mark Briscoe w/Jay Briscoe vs. Matt Jackson w/Nick Jackson vs. Ken Doane w/Petey Williams​
The Briscoes came out firing to begin with, with Jay Briscoe taking out Petey Williams at ringside, much to the delight of the fans. Inside the ring, Mark controlled Doane from the get-go, however being a triple threat, the one-on-ones rarely ever work out and Nick Jackson soon interrupted. Eventually, Nick Jackson took advantage of his athletic ability and almost knocked Ken Doane over the ropes and to the outside, however Doane managed to maintain a grip and remain in the ring leaning back on the ropes. Mark Briscoe took down Jackson with a shoulder block, minus his partner who is usually involved with the maneuver and followed up with an unsuccessful pin. As Briscoe attempted to guide Jackson back up, Jackson countered with a sit-out jawbreaker to even the scores before Ken Doane returned to the mix and caught Jackson out of nowhere with a vicious backbreaker from behind. Doane then maintained his momentum with a rebounding dropkick off the ropes which knocked Briscoe out of the ring. Doane followed up with his Sky-High Leg Drop on Jackson for the victory.
Winner | Ken Doane via pinfall​
Christian's main event is advertised for after the commercial break as we transition backstage.

A solemn Teddy Hart stands by with a microphone.

Hart: I've prevented myself from competing until EWS' debut pay-per-view. Why? Because I don't believe you people deserve to witness the performances I put on out in that ring for free. It's never the little people, it's always the big people - literally! All those big, major promotions get almost sexual pleasure out of hiring these big 'stars' that are talentless and only possess size. The little people like me are never taken into consideration, are never receiving the spotlight, and are never earning the respect we deserve. The little people like the guy jumping off a 30-foot ladder, like the guy performing in front of 30 people in a school gym every night earning a lousy paycheck and some stitches after every match. I'm changing that. I'm debuting this title; I'll wear it with pride and set an example of what's needed in professional wrestling today, because it hasn't been shown for a long time now. I'm the right thing for professional wrestling, I do the right thing and I'm damn proud of it. You're going to have to pay to witness me make history on Sunday, not only debuting the newest title in not only EWS but professional wrestling, but also become the first holder of that title, and no one will be taking it away from me.

Anyone can challenge me. Anyone. It's an open challenge, I'm hear to prove what real professional wrestling is. I've got the opportunity to take possession of the spotlight and shine on the true professional wrestlers, I am that - a true professional wrestler. I'm setting an example for the entire company to follow. I'm probably the last real example setter left in this business.

A stern Teddy Hart stares into the camera breathing heavily after that intense speech on his behalf.

Commercial Break
Just Close Your Eyes immediately opens the return of EWS from the commercial break. Todd Grisham announces that Paul Heyman and Joey Mercury have concluded their meeting and JTG's suspension has been lifted. He will make his in-ring return at EWS I: Newfound Glory against Ron Killings. Christian Cage approaches the ring confidently, exhibiting no signs of intimidation, despite the frightening occurrence during his earlier promo. The calm Cage awaits his opponent in the ring as the lights go out. Red lights begin to shine in multiple different places all around the Hammerstein Ballroom as this music begins to play and Kevin Thorn approaches the ring through the red lights shining in multiple different areas. Sporting a long red and black leather coat, the intimidating vampire-like figure slowly approaches the ring with a stern look etched across his face. Cage simply looks on.

Main Event | Christian Cage vs. Kevin Thorn​
Cage immediately charged at Thorn and began the match pummeling away in any unprotected area of Thorn's body he could find, however the strength difference played a major factor. Thorn merely shoved Cage away before attempting a big boot, however Cage ducked and continued pummeling away. Thorn soon gained the momentum in the match with numerous power moves implemented into his game plan. After a sidewalk slam, a sadistic Thorn began to measure his opponent, circling around him gaining pleasure out of Cage's pain. As Cage gradually attempted to return to his feet, Thorn kicked him in the gut and grabbed him by the throat, however Cage quickly landed a kick to the gut of his own followed by a swift DDT to shift the momentum momentarily. As Cage helps himself up, clutching against the rope, Davey Richards sprints down the ramp and lands a right hand on Cage, knocking him back into the ring. The referee rings the bell signaling the end of the match.
Winner | Christian Cage via disqualification​
Thorn guides Cage back onto his feet and back around, grabs him by the throat, lifts him up and performs a deadly sit out spinebuster. Richards slides into the ring and straddles Cage, pummeling away at his face before returning to his feet and ordering Thorn to aid him. Thorn then kicks Richards into the side of the head and knocks him out of the ring. Cage rolls out of the ring, followed by Thorn. As Cage reaches the commentary table, he seizes a steel chair and spins around vigorously with a chair shot to the head of Thorn which knocks him back, before Cage plants another chair shot into his stomach followed by a final one to the head, knocking the monster down. An exhausted Cage collapses as Richards approaches and cockily shoves Cage's head down with his boot before signaling a title around his waist as EWS closes.

Teddy Hart's New Title Open Challenge | Teddy Hart vs. TBD
JTG w/Ezekiel Jackson vs. Ron Killings
Zack Ryder debuts his new talk show Zack Ryder's Woo Town
EWS World Tag Team Championship | The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Young Bucks vs. Ken Doane and Petey Williams​

1 - 20 of 22 Posts