Wrestling Forum banner

Elimination Chamber (PPV not match): Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio

1994 28
source: http://nodq.com/wwe/299913316.shtml
WWE.com announced today that Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston will face Alberto Del Rio this Sunday at >Elimination Chamber

The bout is a non-title re-match from last Friday's episode of SmackDown, which saw Del Rio defeat Kingston via submission.

The announced card is as follows:

WWE Championship Match
The Miz (c) vs. Jerry Lawler

Raw Elimination Chamber Match
John Cena vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. CM Punk

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match
Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett

Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
Re: New match added on WWE.com

would be interesting to see what happens if Kofi won, I'll be cheering him like crazy when I'm there.

·
1/100
8,051 Posts

Title or non-title, Del Rio is winning. The only reason Kofi is in this mini program with Del Rio is because ADR needed something to do before his big WM match.

No reason at all why Kofi should/would win.

·
Premium Member
24,358 Posts

shouldve been a title match. they should put all the gold on del rio as someone posted a thread saying. it would cause epic rage from the iwc dudes that are still mad that john morrison is boring and didn't win the royal rumble.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Of course Del Rio will win.
But I think we will see a return of a special guy who faces Del Rio and Edge at WrestleMania.
It's not Sting, HHH oder Sgt. Slaughter.
Who in the hell could it be?^^

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

Title on the line would have been cool, because then Del Rio could have won which would have given him A LOT more credibility going into WM. Title vs TItle would have been cool at Mania.

·
Banned
6,914 Posts

Title on the line would have been cool, because then Del Rio could have won which would have given him A LOT more credibility going into WM. Title vs TItle would have been cool at Mania.
Not really, the IC title is already pretty irrelevant and putting it on Del Rio as an unnecessary prop while he fights for the world championship would make it even less relevant.

·
Registered
8 Posts

What a lame match to add if you ask me. Non-title too :no:
They needed Del Rio to have a match at the PPV, plus it does make sense as they have nothing for Kofi either. I would have been pissed if they announced Kofi vs. somebody like Swagger or Tyler Reks for the title as there hasnt been a build up at all.

·
The User Without Fear
2,823 Posts

Oh my, you gotta feel for Kofi. The guy has absolutely no future in the WWE. Instead of getting an IC program or being in the chamber match, he's being fed to someone who's been less than 10 months in the company. Hopefully he doesn't quit like fellow perennial midcarder MVP. I feel he's going the same way as him.

I still can't stop laughing at people predicting him to win the Rumble last year. He just doesn't have what it takes.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Oh my, you gotta feel for Kofi. The guy has absolutely no future in the WWE. Instead of getting an IC program or being in the chamber match, he's being fed to someone who's been less than 10 months in the company.
Yes, because being in a feud with the Royal Rumble winner is so much worse than being in a meaningless IC title feud or a chamber where him and other midcarders have zero chance of winning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
What are you guys, nuts? I wish it was a title match. I like Kofi, but ADR needs all the cred. he can get going into mania. Him winning the IC title and facing Edge would be good for both the championship and ADR. It would also give him more fuel to his claim that winning the WHC is his destiny.

He could win the world title and then relinquish the IC title after, just like Goldberg did in WCW with the US title. Then they could have another tournament dealie and the belt would have some kind of better luster.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.