Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am now leaving the Wells Fargo Center and I must say the Elimination Chamber was doing good until the last two matches so my overall rating is 7/10 cause the main event was predictable also Asuka had a injury but still competed inside the Chamber

Bryan/Gulak - 8/10
Andrade/Carillo - 8/10
Smackdown Tag Team Elimination Chamber - 10/10 that was definitely MOTN
Aleister/AJ - 8/10 because of the Undertaker showed up but hoping for a Aleister/Undertaker staredown
Raw Tag Team Championship Match - 7/10
Intercontinental Championship 3 on 1 - 6/10 cause Strowman lost the title ?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂
Women's Elimination Chamber Match (winner faces Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's Championship at Wrestlemania 36) - 7/10 I'm happy Shayna Baszler won but they should've let Ruby, Nattie, Sarah, Liv and especially Asuka push her to the limit even though it was pure domination.

What is your overall rating for the Elimination Chamber PPV?? But I had a good time seeing it live!

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
8/10. Liked every match but the final.

Also, Philly sucks.

·
Registered
23,476 Posts
Eh, 6.5/10? Was an enjoyable show I thought, but going into it nothing felt big so that knocks it down a peg.

Bryan vs. Gulak was a great technical match, Andrade vs. Humberto was solid but we've seen like 5 times in the past 2 months, the Tag Chamber was bonkers, AJ vs. Aleister started slow but built into something pretty good, Rollins and Murphy vs. Profits was fine but we've seen it before, Zayn winning was a shock and the main event built Shayna up to be dominant.

For a fairly weak card, it delivered. But that also puts a ceiling on it's potential.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,667 Posts
Elimination Chamber 2020 ratings:

- Viking Raiders vs Zack Ryder/Curt Hawkins = 5.5/10

- Daniel Bryan vs Drew Gulak = 7.5/10

- Andrade vs Humberto Carrillo for the US title = 6.5/10

- The Miz/John Morrison vs Robert Roode/Dolph Ziggler vs Lucha House Party vs Heavy Machinery vs New Day vs Usos Elimination Chamber match for the SD Tag titles = 10/10

- AJ Styles vs Aleister Black No DQ match = 8/10

- Street Profits vs Seth Rollins/Murphy for the Raw Tag titles = 7/10

- Braun Strowman vs Cesaro/Shinsuke Nakamura/Sami Zayn for the IC title = 6/10

- Asuka vs Sarah Logan vs Liv Morgan vs Shayna Baszler vs Ruby Riott vs Natalya Elimination Chamber match = 2/10

Overall, I'd give tonight's ppv a 7.5/10 :)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The appetizer look delicious until main course and dessert look meh

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
4/10 at max. Felt like another flat episode of Raw than a PPV. Bryan vs Gullac was the only match that delivered. Everything else was mediocre. Even Black vs Styles, and i had high hopes for it.

·
#WWELogic
3,835 Posts
On the LAST stop b4 WM, I'll let Mr. WM score the show........

Reasons.............
- The Saudi BS as the POTHOLE in this RTWM, the chamber WASN'T needed

- I DON'T get the luv for either chamber match, sure was the tag team one an improvement over the 2015/19 tag team one sure but that doesn't say much neither does that whole Otis thing. It's disgusting to look at at. At least in NXT he wore a singlet.

-They really screwed the pooch with Bazler, she should have won the rumble and we should have seen a Becky title match on the card instead with Bazler used an enforcer on the outside leading to something better than that women's chamber.

- The US title, fine match but #REPEAT

- AJ/Black a WM type match to help put Black over at this point used as a footnote for Taker/Styles, now if it becomes Black/Taker vs rthe OC than this may have merit

- Both Drew/Bryan & Sami winning a title were the ONLY highlights. However, my only fear fort Bryan (because we KNOW Braun is getting that title back) is to face Casper at Mania in that NIGHTMARE maina re-re-match for a 3rd time. PLEASE NO

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It was a fine PPV with a couple of very good matches amongst a lot of ... OK stuff.

I can't help but feel completely underwhelmed by a PPV that had no appearances from the four biggest champions. This is the problem with having too many PPVs leading up to Wrestlemania, and with having part time champions that won't appear on what they consider to be "B" shows. This PPV had no main event. And that's not me having a go at Women's Wrestling, or even saying that the Women's Chamber match was bad. It wasn't. But the booking that was required to simply position Baszler as the #1 contender (Which btw, she already was, right? This match was completely unnecessary in terms of storyline), meant that everyone knew who was winning. The manner in which she won was perfect. Total domination.

But again, main event? The Women's Chamber match needed far more spots and far less certaintly of who was winning, in order to achieve satisfaction as a PPV closer. But then, what option did WWE have? They had no WWE/Universal Title matches to close the show. They only had Zayn's screwy finish in the IC Title match, and the US Title match was like, the 250th rematch in this feud. Aside from that, the only other option was the Tag Title chamber match, and WWE have absolutely no interest in making Tag Titles look important, so that wasn't an option.

Essentially, the show started off well with Bryan/Gulak and Almas/Humberto. The tag chamber match was a bit botchy in places, but made up for it by the end, and then there were just a sequence of underwhelming, plodding, wheel-spinning, point in the angles that have to wait for Mania to pay off. Plus, as already mentioned, the complete lack of all the major champions apart from Becky doing her best "WWE Wrestler Watching TV In That Weird Way That Only WWE Wrestlers Do" thing.

Bryan/Gulak - 8.5/10.
Nice mat-based match. Bryan's best in recent memory.

Andrade/Carillo - 7/10.
Good match, but more of the same and with fewer high spots than expected.

Smackdown Tag Team Elimination Chamber - 8/10.
Overall very good, but several botches and very obvious audibles throughout.

Aleister/AJ - 7/10.
Nice spots. Weird behaviour from The OC, given the No DQ stip. Unsurprising appearance from Taker.

Raw Tag Team Championship Match - 5.5/10.
Did very little apart from move the Seth/Owens angle along ... but even that was only like, a quarter of a baby step. But at least SP retained.

Intercontinental Championship 3 on 1 - 5/10.
Horrible to see Nakamura's offence getting No-Sold like this. What a massive waste of incredible talent. Overall, kind of a snoozer, but gets 5 because Zayn finally gets a main roster title run.

Women's Elimination Chamber Match - 6.5/10.
Zero surprises. Long sections of nothing happening. But good use of Baszler and a few other great spots on the way. Again, literally no point in this match. Didn't advance anything. Baszler was already Becky's next opponent. Perfectly good filler match marketed as a main event.

If all of that had been followed by an actual main event match, I feel like this PPV would have been a solid 7.5/10.
As is, I can't honestly put it higher than 6/10.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
If you took off WWE's branding and slapped AEW and TNT on everything, people would be hyping Elimination Chamber up as the greatest thing ever.
Not really. If AEW did what WWE did at EC, they would be getting the same admonishment as WWE would get.

Fans for the most part are very well aware of what works and what doesn't and cannot be duped like they did back in the day.

·
Southern Pride
3,220 Posts
6/10 I guess.

AEW Revolution was much better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts