Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Well, in recent years Rusev went from Alexander Rusev to just Rusev and Charlotte went from Charlotte Flair to just Charlotte. So it's just one of Vince's current "things" I suppose.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Ughh why, Elias sounds like that one kid in high school who sells top-dollar weed.

·
Banned
262 Posts
I'm convinced that they are convinced that their fans are idiots and won't understand the "walk with Elias" line if he doesn't say Samson and you won't convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Some of the first names being dropped I'm okay with and some I'm not.

I'm okay with Rusev and Cesaro as they sound like tough sounding names on their own, which matches their physiques. I'm okay with Charlotte too as I don't need to be reminded every second she's Ric Flair's daughter and she's named after her hometown, doesn't really sound that good going with "Flair".

The ones I'm not are this and Neville as they sound like puppets and Big E because there's only one Biggie (R.I.P)

If Braun Strowman becomes "Braun" or Samoa Joe becomes "Joe" fpalm

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Ugh, just call him The Drifter and call it a day.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I actually really liked this guy when I watched that one hour of RAW for the first time in three years last week. Elias Samson rolls off the tongue really well. Why did they change it?

Oh, I know the answer to that already. It's WWE, that's why.

·
FOTC
11,304 Posts

It will take some time to get used to this. Hopefully he still has a job. I worry some in management could lose interest in him. They might already have considering the name cut.

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
Ive enjoyed Elias so far. He actually generates real heat which is refreshing. Also,in a way he kind of looks like Randy Savage.

Vince better not cut him from the roster because he's entertaining as hell.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts