Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker, 35), who has been signing a series of short-term extensions with the company, the latest being through the end of July, has agreed to a multi-year new contract. It was an interesting decision because of his age and the fact he’s had interest from WWE, where he was in developmental and let go, and like EC 3, then came here and became a star. The company had kind of tempered his push in recent months since they didn’t know if they could build around him. He’s one of the best promo guys in the business.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Finally...
5,932 Posts
Re: Eli Drake signs contract extension with IMPACT Wrestling

So he'll probably finish up at Slammiversary or the tapings after Slammiversary. I expect to see him back in NXT.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Not a very long contract extension but still :fuckyeah

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
I like him but some stuff is still missing to make him great. So hes sorta like Johnny impact. Maybe its becuase drale comes off to dorky and not serious enough and he always has the worst intro music.

It may sound stupid but if u want a maim eventguy they need the right music to elevate that imagine. Look at goldberg,bret hart, sting, stone cold ect ect. Unque songs that respents the character.

I do think drake has lots of talent bit creativity i guess has not been given the right thing

·
Registered
6,561 Posts

I dont think he'd get a push anywhere but Impact. So he best stay there.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

Probably will do short storyline to write him off and will put someone over on his way out.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Eli Drake Signs New Deal

No idea how to imbed the Tweet into a post on my phone. But it's been announced on Twitter.

No idea how long for, but I imagine (and hoping) it's at least 12 months.

·
Premium Member
17,070 Posts
Re: Eli Drake Signs New Deal

People often tell me I look like the Drake. So, I'm happy for the Drake. WWE wouldn't use him in their overflowing roster and TNA has enough positive buzz in their direction it's worth staying.

·
Registered
409 Posts

Drake has been fantastic with Impact Wrestling. Hope this means a upcoming program with Aries.

Those two would cut amazing promos on each other!

·
Registered
9,234 Posts

I like him and i think hes talented but something is still missing that is preventing him from being that IT guy with his character.Also why does he keep getting music that is so stupid and generic and not fit him at all or feel main event

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

It's cool he signed through 7/31, but this is going to be another case of Impact promoting a guy regardless if he wins or loses on their TV show due to the tapings after the PPV. Slammiversary should have been his final match with Impact if there is no desire for everyone to work out a longer deal.

Knowing that he might be gone after 7/31 is just another issue I have where watching his matches on Impact following Slammi just becomes pointless. Just like the tapings earlier in the year where a ton of talent left, yet they had so many matches and segments taped that it just didn't make the show fun.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts