Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single top guy on RAW: Finn, Joe, Reigns, Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, Miz, and Braun, could feud with each other, for either title, any title, or no title, and they'd be a big deal.

RAW is stacked to the ceiling right now and people fantasy booking and complaining about their imaginations need to either stop reading spoilers and ruining the show for themselves, or internalize how many times Meltzer has backtracked and said, "Plans must have changed."

Prove I'm wrong.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
I agree.

I stopped caring about the booking and started watching it as kayfabe.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
"Big deal"

Talent does not = Good writing
Talent does not = Compelling storylines
Talent does not = Boring scripted promos
Talent does not = Logical booking
Talent does not = Entertaining when the former doesn't exist

All of the above does not = Big deals.

If all the talent are booked as boring retards what's the fucking point?

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,953 Posts
Great question. Why don't people just stop watching WWE? I always ask the question. If you, as an adult, are not entertained by a show, why do you continue to watch? Why is it so hard for disenfranchised fans to say "Enough is enough, I'm done."

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"Big deal"

Talent does not = Good writing
Talent does not = Compelling storylines
Talent does not = Boring scripted promos
Talent does not = Logical booking
Talent does not = Entertaining when the former doesn't exist

All of the above does not = Big deals.

There is a ton wrong with the creative writing of the talent, I critique that unabashedly, but those guys I named are doing all that they can, and they're doing well, more than well, they're great.

I'd love to see Reigns/Bray right now. That's a hot feud at anytime, they play off each other so well, with a tiny bit better writing they'd be this generation's Hogan/Macho Man or Nash and Hall, they could literally go either way with the right story.

Miz is hot fire with anyone.

Put Seth in a rivalry with Reigns, with Ambrose backing either side.

Put Joe against or with Reigns, sell it as two Samoans.

Seth and Ambrose against Joe and Reigns.

Put Bray and Reigns against Seth and Ambrose, imagine the stories that could be spun off that.

That's tapping the bucket. I want to reiterate that again, I haven't named the half of the amazing feuds that could happen, not even the half of them.

If you're stuck in some pomo-extra-cynical-tasty-crispy stance because you're too cool to have fun with wrestling than you suck. I don't feel bad for you, it's all for fun and you're doing it to yourself.

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Great question. Why don't people just stop watching WWE? I always ask the question. If you, as an adult, are not entertained by a show, why do you continue to watch? Why is it so hard for disenfranchised fans to say "Enough is enough, I'm done."
mo·nop·o·ly.[məˈnäpəlē]NOUN
monopolies (plural noun)
1.the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service:
"his likely motive was to protect his regional monopoly on furs"
•the exclusive possession, control, or exercise of something:
"men don't have a monopoly on unrequited love"
•a company or group having exclusive control over a commodity or service:
"areas where cable companies operate as monopolies"

When it comes to the spectacle of a big budget week to week wrestling show WWE is the only option. That being said I do think I'm at the beginning of a much needed break, I watched Backlash but haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a few weeks and nothing's really drawing me back.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
52,763 Posts
Why do people care if strangers on the internet enjoy the show as much as they do? Like, I don't enjoy the product all that much, but I don't try to tell people to change their mind and agree with me. If you like it, great. If you don't, that's fine, too.

FWIW, I never see the people who don't enjoy it as much try to change other people's minds. It's always the people who do enjoy it, from time to time throw a semi-temper tantrum telling people to either enjoy it as much as they do, or 'stop watching.' And from what I've seen, alot of people have stopped watching. If the ratings for WWE programming aren't convincing you of that, just look at the number of posts for Raw and SD threads. Just a few short years ago, each thread used to average somewhere between 3,000-5,000 posts EVERY week. Nowadays, the threads are having problems breaking the 1,000 mark. So, if you are so adamant about people not watching if they don't enjoy it, don't worry, a huge number of them aren't. Not only that, but the threads for each show have been steadily decreasing over the past 5 years. So, be happy, you are getting your wish.

And yes, most of it is on booking, but it's also not a stretch in the least to say today's talent, while talented, aren't as charismatic as alot of the wrestlers from the past. The booking is still worse, but there being no extremely charismatic stars on the roster is an issue, too.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,953 Posts
When it comes to the spectacle of a big budget week to week wrestling show WWE is the only option. That being said I do think I'm at the beginning of a much needed break, I watched Backlash but haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a few weeks and nothing's really drawing me back.
I get that I really do. But why does wrestling get a pass. If I'm invested in a show, but then that show stops entertaining me, I just stop watching the show.

I quit WWE cold turkey after SummerSlam 2013. For the most part it was a great show, but as a whole WWE wasn't. The only time I pop up is when nostalgia acts show up. But that's me. I am not everyone else.

It just seems to me that the smart fans or IWC, would rather scrape through 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of SD! to find 40 minutes of good content and complain the entire time. As opposed to making a rational decision to just walk away from a sour product. You're not required to watch, so why force it?

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
I get that I really do. But why does wrestling get a pass. If I'm invested in a show, but then that show stops entertaining me, I just stop watching the show.

I quit WWE cold turkey after SummerSlam 2013. For the most part it was a great show, but as a whole WWE wasn't. The only time I pop up is when nostalgia acts show up. But that's me. I am not everyone else.

It just seems to me that the smart fans or IWC, would rather scrape through 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of SD! to find 40 minutes of good content and complain the entire time. As opposed to making a rational decision to just walk away from a sour product. You're not required to watch, so why force it?
Other shows have comparable alternatives in the market place.

If you don't like Big Bang Theory you might like Always Sunny, they're both sitcoms but very different. Wrestling is a very unique product that doesn't really have an alternative. To overly simplify it, real sports doesn't have the show biz stuff wrestling has and show biz stuff doesn't have the sport stuff wrestling has either.

Wrestling's a weird product lol

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,953 Posts
Other shows have comparable alternatives in the market place.

Wrestling's a weird product lol
Believe it or not, MMA is getting there. I mean it's been proven and not just with Lesnar. Punk, Batista and Lashley have made the jump, but also the likes of Rousey, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen have made themselves into box office draws by playing up the entertainment side of things.

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Believe it or not, MMA is getting there. I mean it's been proven and not just with Lesnar. Punk, Batista and Lashley have made the jump, but also the likes of Rousey, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen have made themselves into box office draws by playing up the entertainment side of things.
They have entertaining fighters, no doubt, but it's not a fictional television show. Conor Mcgregor isn't going to kidnap Dana White's daughter, drug her and marry her... at least if he does it won't be televised :p Jon Jones's brother isn't going to cost him a fight then challenge him because Jon burnt down the family house leaving him forever scared and psychotic. There's stuff in wrestling UFC can just never have simply because one is a legitimate sport while the others a show about a sports show.

That being said I'm not down playing UFC or doubting its popularity has taken a large part of what was once WWEs audiance. Just saying it's kinda apples and oranges if not even more different... like apples and zucchini lol

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Every single top guy on RAW: Finn, Joe, Reigns,Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, Miz, and Braun, could feud with each other, for either title, any title, or no title, and they'd be a big deal.

RAW is stacked to the ceiling right now and people fantasy booking and complaining about their imaginations need to either stop reading spoilers and ruining the show for themselves, or internalize how many times Meltzer has backtracked and said, "Plans must have changed."

Prove I'm wrong.
No, those are trash and bring the other talent to their shitty level when they feud.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not really sure I understand what this thread is about?

What do reading spoilers and listening to Meltzer have to do with WWE writing a bad show?
Stop watching, just subscribe to Meltzer. He'll tell you everything, if he's wrong then plans will have changed. You'll be able to hate everything before it happens then.

Maybe you, yourself don't give a fuck about rumors, but if you've never read someone doing the exact thing I've described, then you either have low reading comprehension, you're a liar, or you have just now, right this instant, started reading about wresting online and have happened onto this thread.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why do people care if strangers on the internet enjoy the show as much as they do?
Do you care if they hate it as much as you do? Do you care if they hate the same wrestlers as much as you? If you don't care at all about negativity, you'd probably never, ever respond to a negative post.

But let's say you are positive. There are aspects of the show you like, there are wrestlers you enjoy, do you care about talking to people who enjoy the same things you do?

BTW, I've read your posts and you're full of shit if you claim you only ever want to talk about things you like with fellow fans and you totally ignore those people that dislike what you enjoy.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,761 Posts
While i think similar to OP and personally have stopped caring about who wins and focus instead of match qualities, i would also remind OP of this little thing called "freedom of speech".

Today's society unfortunately is the type of "agree with me or you must be trolling because your opinion differs from mine". Also, usually noisy minority seems bigger than they actually are.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts