Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past six months, Jericho has slowly been getting stale. Sure, we've gotten "TALK MORE ABOUT BARRAH" on NXT and, "YOU'RE A STUPID MAN" but it's not enough. The suit wearing serious Chris Jericho finally needs to go. I'm tired of it, it sucks... and he isn't even a great heel. All my friends who aren't even IWC-people like him and think he's great (although they kind of groan when he does some douche-bag/heel act but they continue liking him) so why not just turn him face? The crowd is more than willing to accept him as a face and to freshen up his character by turning back into Y2J.

Personally, If I was WWE Creative I would probably put them in a feud with Barrett and then I wouldn't know what the hell to do with him. I mean seriously, he's done as a heel. Sure, his face turn last time flopped but it's expected when he does heelish mannerisms and faces the likes of Santino. If they pushed him as a main event face, maybe he wouldn't be so boring to me anymore. What I'm trying to say is that Chris Jericho is no longer relevant to me anymore. He's turned into CM Punk. Storyline-wise, practically useless and with all the skill in the palm of his hands being neglected.

OR...

Maybe he's just past his prime and has lost motivation in WWE. Whatever it is, either refresh him or fire him because I think I've seen enough of this Jericho. WWE has never "NEEDED" him but they better damn sure use him the right way now. Seriously, everytime he comes on my TV now... he's just like...just there. He makes no impact anymore.

Discuss? I have a feeling the majority of you will agree only with him getting stale because it's true.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pyro™;8772900 said:
Couldn't bother reading with a title like that.
How is that any different than any of the other posts you place, you hardly seem to read anything anyway.

OP I think you have Jericho confused with Edge.
What's funny is that I actually deleted, "Edge" and replace him with "Punk" to grab more attention since nobody gives a flying fuck about Edge anymore.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
His gimmick has run its course. Its lost all its impact. And the problem is, his best years really are behind him. And I dont think creative has any ideas for him.

Same problem with Edge really. They're main eventers. Former champs. Very over. But they've ran their course. They no longer have the same impact they used to. The most they can do with them now is put people over.

Shame too, because Jericho can still put on great matches and cut awesome promos. But what to do with him?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
His gimmick has run its course. Its lost all its impact. And the problem is, his best years really are behind him. And I dont think creative has any ideas for him.

Same problem with Edge really. They're main eventers. Former champs. Very over. But they've ran their course. They no longer have the same impact they used to. The most they can do with them now is put people over.
I disagree about Jericho. Did you hear the fans at Summerslam going nuts for him? He's still one of the top 3 all around performers in WWE along with Punk and Cena. Edge on the other hand is a joke now. It's sad because he was amazing a few years ago but he's just embarrassing himself.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't think it was necessary to say "everything but this", nimrod.

Jericho is the most entertaining wrestler in the company, so your standards obviously aren't very high.

I just want to highlight this:

"Jericho is the most entertaining wrestler in the company"

You are so right dude but the point of this thread... is to point out that he can do so much MORE because that quote of yours means nothing when Jericho is competing with the likes of John Cena and Edge. The only reason why he's boring TO ME and I'm sure a couple others, is because he needs a gimmick change. That, or he's just so tired of wrestling (wrestling business) that all he feels he can do on the mic anymore is ramble on about how everyone is a hypocrite and essentially, repeats himself constantly. If he's been reduced to those long monologues because he can't do what the Y2J we knew and loved could do, then he's past his prime unless people like me are proved otherwise with a gimmick change.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The reason he is not face is because its PG now, his whole Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla thing was great when he could insult people like Stephanie McMahon and the like. If he tried that now he would be as lame as John Cena's attempt at comedy, with lines like Balonie fudging mustard!

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason he is not face is because its PG now, his whole Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla thing was great when he could insult people like Stephanie McMahon and the like. If he tried that now he would be as lame as John Cena's attempt at comedy, with lines like Balonie fudging mustard!
If John Cena is over with that kind of stuff, why not Jericho who has tons more charisma?

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
Over the past six months, Jericho has slowly been getting stale. Sure, we've gotten "TALK MORE ABOUT BARRAH" on NXT and, "YOU'RE A STUPID MAN" but it's not enough. The suit wearing serious Chris Jericho finally needs to go. I'm tired of it, it sucks... and he isn't even a great heel. All my friends who aren't even IWC-people like him and think he's great (although they kind of groan when he does some douche-bag/heel act but they continue liking him) so why not just turn him face? The crowd is more than willing to accept him as a face and to freshen up his character by turning back into Y2J.

Personally, If I was WWE Creative I would probably put them in a feud with Barrett and then I wouldn't know what the hell to do with him. I mean seriously, he's done as a heel. Sure, his face turn last time flopped but it's expected when he does heelish mannerisms and faces the likes of Santino. If they pushed him as a main event face, maybe he wouldn't be so boring to me anymore. What I'm trying to say is that Chris Jericho is no longer relevant to me anymore. He's turned into CM Punk. Storyline-wise, practically useless and with all the skill in the palm of his hands being neglected.

OR...

Maybe he's just past his prime and has lost motivation in WWE. Whatever it is, either refresh him or fire him because I think I've seen enough of this Jericho. WWE has never "NEEDED" him but they better damn sure use him the right way now. Seriously, everytime he comes on my TV now... he's just like...just there. He makes no impact anymore.

Discuss? I have a feeling the majority of you will agree only with him getting stale because it's true.
:fpalm

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Anyone else remember that episode of Simpsons when Poochie shows up? Ofcourse you do. Anyways in that episode someone said that while Itchy and Scratchy are still great, they just cant have the same impact.

Jericho is very talented. Top three performer in the company and probably no1 on the stick. But the 'Honest Man' has run his course. Lets face it, the guy who's wrestling now isnt the same the guy who gave us the feud of the year against Shawn in 2008. I think he should go through another character evolution. And knowing Jericho, is he fully capable of that. They should also actually try giving him a feud instead of floating around the title scene for no reason.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I do agree that the gimmick has grown tired, but that could be due to WWE not knowing what to do with it.

I'm not willing to say that he doesn't have it anymore, because he's still easily the best wrestler in the company and can be counted on for any program, point blank, period. But to say he's in a rut right now? Yeah, I agree with that.

Edge, on the other hand, would be perfect for this thread. He's not Edge anymore. He's a sad excuse of the wrestler I used to adore.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts