Wrestling Forum banner

Edwards/King Rematch added to Dayton

303 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  KingKicks
On November 12, 2010 Ring of Honor held the “Survival of the Fittest 2011” tournament in Dearborn, MI. Featuring a dozen of ROH’s best, it would all come down to two men battling it out for a future shot at the ROH World Title. Those two men ended up being then-ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards and “The Pretty Boy Pitbull” Kenny King.

Edwards had suffered a serious shoulder injury earlier in the night during his Qualifying bout victory against Chris Hero, and at one point during the finals was actually taken to the back due to his injury. Edwards, ignoring the in-house doctor and ROH officials, returned to ringside to help King eliminate Claudio Castagnoli, leaving King and Edwards as the last two men standing.

Edwards fought through the pain, as he has done several times in the past, and managed to pull out a victory over King to win the 2011 SOTF and earn a future shot at the World Title. Suffice it to say, that loss hasn’t sat well with Kenny King all these months:

“I’ll give it to Eddie, he’s a tough dude.” stated King, “If you could see me now, you’d know I’m clapping for him. But you ain’t special Wolfie, not a bit. You fought through injury, so have I…hell I’m fighting with one every day of my life, but you don’t hear me bragging about it or having ROH officials talk about how tough a dude I am. That’s okay; I don’t need the hype puppy dog. I’m my own hype machine, and when I’m busy kicking your ass, I got my boy Rhett Titus doing it just like I would do for him. I will stomp you into the ground Eddie, neuter you like a backyard mutt, and roll on to Chicago where me and Rhett will take those tag titles. Then it’s Vegas time, and we hit the strip…all night long!”

Eddie Edwards has not competed in ROH since “Final Battle 2010”, where he beat Sonjay Dutt, but has spent the first part of the year fine tuning his skills in Pro Wrestling NOAH and nearly capturing the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title from Kotaro Suzuki at the end of January. This will mark his first bout in 2011 for ROH and it is one he is looking at with deadly focus.

“I beat you in Survival of the Fittest, Kenny.” offered Edwards, “I made you tap out in the center of the ring, and that was with only one arm. One arm Kenny, one arm. What do you think will happen when I’m at one hundred percent? What do you think will happen when you face this wolf when he is whole? I’ll paint the picture for you just in case you can’t figure it out yourself. You will break again, you will tap out again, and then I will go on to Chicago to become TV champion again. There is nothing you can do to me that will make me quit Kenny, there is nothing you can do to me that will stop this hunt. I have suffered through injury after injury and it hasn’t killed me yet. It only makes me stronger. You will find that out in Dayton, and then Christopher Daniels, you will find it out when I retake my belt. The hunt is on.”

Eddie Edwards vs. Kenny King, Friday night February 25th in Dayton, OH! Which man will head into the “9th Anniversary Show” with momentum on their side? Be there live to find out: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=149!