Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The editing on Smackdown is getting pretty annoying.
When Bryan comes out it goes to the crowd, you can see everyone saying YES! and cheering, yet you can't hear a thing.

Im not really sure why they continue to do this, it ruins this atmosphere on the show!

We all know the crowd is cheering Bryan, just leave it as it is :lmao

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
They always edit the crowd on taped shows, but this time I don't quite get it.

I mean one week the WWE is handing out free "YES!" signs to the crowd and sells rushed YES! shirts with a design 100% completely stolen from a independent wrestling shirt company.
And then the next week they go to England, where they know they will have a smart crowd, have Bryan cut a very catchy promo in which the crowd was practically asked to chant along and even show the crowd on camera reacting like hell. But then they have their security guys go out and tell the fans to stop chanting YES! and edit them out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
WWE shouldn't have the right to dictate fan noise. We cheer and boo who we fricking want!! We pay money for the bloody tickets to the shows, we buy the merchandise, we buy the ppvs, we keep WWE alive!! And what do they do? They edit our voices to further their own agenda and make who they want to be over appear more over than they really are. It really pisses me off.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The cheering is always dubbed on SmackDown, and they use the same cheering audio clip every time. This video proves that fact:

This means WWE can give superstars/divas so-called reactions which they otherwise wouldn't get. It's always so funny when Khali or someone comes out, and none of the crowd are moving or appearing to make noise, yet there's all this cheering sound going on. :lmao

Likewise, they'll cut the cheering out of the entrances of heels like Bryan. I'm really not sure why they do it, though. The crowd should be allowed to cheer heels if they want to.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
They edited the RAW crowd too.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Khali Always gets Boo'd REALLLY Bad live - but on the shows they dub it so he gets a huge pop ... SOOOO ANNOYING !

·
Registered
125 Posts
To be completely honest, they're editing the chants to what they want you to hear and how they want you to react.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wish they'd at least change the sound they use for piped in cheers. They've been using the same clip for years and it sounds like a fucking hairdryer.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
O.K, go ahead and create your action adventure TV Series with story-lines based on what your creative team has written, just don't go ahead afterwards and say "Lets all pretend this is real and you support who you want to support like real sport." They often wont mix well.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
How did they edit the Raw crowd when it is live?

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
I wish they'd at least change the sound they use for piped in cheers. They've been using the same clip for years and it sounds like a fucking hairdryer.
I completely agree. Surely there are other sounds they could use for the crowd instead of this one. Hell, it's been around as early as 2000, if not, earlier.

The sound they use for canned heat has also been the same for years.

·
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibl
5,214 Posts
You're preaching to the choir, fellas.

I hate the edited crowds just as much as you do, but we all know it's not gonna stop any time soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Totally agree, the faked cheers are especially annoying - to the extent that it fustrates me while watching the shows, which puts me off watching them! Also says alot about smackdown, that its so bad that they have to edit the crowds to actually try and make the shows seem interesting - which it doesn't for me, just annoys me and puts me off watching it.

·
Premium Member
17,277 Posts
WWE shouldn't have the right to dictate fan noise. We cheer and boo who we fricking want!! We pay money for the bloody tickets to the shows, we buy the merchandise, we buy the ppvs, we keep WWE alive!! And what do they do? They edit our voices to further their own agenda and make who they want to be over appear more over than they really are. It really pisses me off.
I think they have the right to. Though we fund the WWE, so does its endorsements and stockholders. WWE is just a product after all. I see it along the lines of any tv show. The outcome is whatever the producers want, and they'll tailor it so they can continue in the way they want.

But if you want to rant about the Mass Effect 3 ending, I'll back you on that one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts