Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a quote from the Paul Heyman DVD..
Edge said:
What Paul does i think is,he is still such a fan of the industry that he stayed tapped into of what the fan wants,and i can honestly say that he's probably the only one left that does because everybody else is one of the patted blazzers and has lost complete touch with what the fan wants.
I couldn't agree more with this. You can simply see that in every Heyman promo..

The guy is the most motivated person out there and knowing that 99% of the stuff that he saids come from his own mouth shows that he can do this job better than anyone in the WWE.

This guy knows what the fans want to hear to get hyped for a match or a guy. Yeah i know that some people claim that he failed to make Cesaro/Axel/Ryback stars but i don't think that those cases were his fault.

I know this is not a newsflash but really interesting put..

Reactions: RebelArch86

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
How was Cesaro and Axel flopping not his fault?

When you're managing a talent, you try to get the talent over. He didn't do that. I hope they learned their lesson and keep up and comers far away from him.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
The guy knows what he is doing, that's for sure.

With the failures of Cesaro, Ryback and Axel. Ryback was dead by then pretty well, Axel was never going to make it, just doesn't have it to be a top guy and Cesaro.. I blame this one on him. He only raved on about Lesnar, which yes; gives him heat as he was a heel, but it didn't actually do anything for Cesaro, he could've been booked better and whatnot, but it would've been even more beneficial if Heyman talked him up a lot more..

Reactions: samizayn

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How was Cesaro and Axel flopping not his fault?

When you're managing a talent, you try to get the talent over. He didn't do that. I hope they learned their lesson and keep up and comers far away from him.
I said that it wasn't HIS fault but it is something that people are bringing up.. Maybe i didn't write that clearly enough

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Heyman is a god. I've loved this guy forever, marked out like crazy for him at live shows in 2001 while people stared at me like I was nuts. Haha

He mentioned on either Jericho or Austin's podcast that his company pays the bus fare and buys food for any college kids who want to come and sit in on and discuss pop culture at his monthly seminars. He's committed to keeping up to date with what the audience wants to an impressive degree.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
The Cesaro thing was a total fucking disaster. It should have been him instead of Axel, by the time Cesaro and Heyman joined forces everyone wanted to see Cesaro as a face. Instead he got stayed heel, stopped all his moves that got good reactions, got shit theme music and had a manager who never speaks about him. Piss poor.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I'm asking you how was it not his fault. It was clearly his fault.
Let's see..

Cesaro went from a hot babyface to be aligned with the biggest heel(Along with Lesnar) at that time.

The crowd got confused they didn't knew what to do(cheer or boo),add the fact that Cesaro didn't have a meaning full program at that time because the Swagger one was a complete joke and add the fact that with no reason whatsoever they seperated them i don't know how it's Heyman's fault.

This is clearly the company's fault from aligning Heyman with Cesaro in the first place.

Then you go to Axel who started ok at the first month. They gave him the title and then they treated him as a geek. He was just the guy who was there to do the job for Heyman and Brock against Punk and he wasn't portaited dangerous at all..

He was just another geek who was losing to Punk every single week. I don't know who is this Heyman's fault either..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.