Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since entering the main-event scene in 2006, Edge has had many quality matches and feuds.

Which ones were his best?

My pick for best feud is his 2007-2008 rivalry with The Undertaker.

In this year-long feud, Edge main-evented Wrestlemania for the first time in his career.

He also had 4 great matches with Undertaker - at Wrestlemania, at Backlash, at One night Stand, and at SummerSlam.

For his best match, I'll say Vs Undertaker at SummerSlam 2008.

The match excellently told the story of the entire feud, and I rank it as the 2nd best Hell in a Cell match of all time (Slightly behind only Undertaker - HBK).

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say his best *recent* match was against Chris Jericho at WM.
That's a good pick.

My only criticism is that Edge lost.

He had just returned from the injury, was a face for the first time in 5 years, and had just won the Royal Rumble.

The momentum was on his side, and a Wrestlemania moment would had helped him get over as a face.

And lastly, Jericho won the match using a belt. Wrestlemania should always have clean finishes.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Edge/Cena feud during 2006.

I think it was the feud that really got Edge over as a main eventer and attracted some great heat from the crowd. Obviously because it was against Cena and at that time he was at the height of his Superman "I can beat anyone" gimmick, all the kids loved Cena so much it was almost impossible for Edge to get no reaction, nonetheless he still acted like a cocky son of a bitch and really pissed the crowd off. It was the first time I started to really like the guy and it was the first time he demonstrated how much talent he had at being a heel.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Feud - Cena v. Edge.
Match - Edge & Rey v. Angle & Benoit at No Mercy. (But if were talking recently then vs. Y2J at Mania)

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Vs. Cena - Royal Rumble 2006

Vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 24 (His best main event IMO)

Vs. Jericho - Wrestlemania 26

- Vic

·
Banned
542 Posts
Best matches Edge vs anybody Canadian

Best Feud Edge Vs Jericho early 2010 to WM. It was just build up so well.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Since 2006

Best Feud: Edge vs. Cena
Best Match: Edge vs. Cena in TLC Match

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Best feud is with Cena. His only other memorable solo feud has been with Taker. The whole series with Jericho, match and feud, was just a great big disappointment and I didn't have it hyped as much as most on this board. Best match is probably TLC with Cena too. I wasn't a big fan of the Mania 24 with Taker. First half just dragged and dragged.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Feud: Edge vs Cena (2006)

Match: Edge vs Undertaker (2008)

·
Banned
291 Posts
I always liked Edge and Undertaker.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I must be the only person in the world who didn't rate Edge/Jericho at WrestleMania that highly or maybe i overestimated how good it would be and was left underwhelmed by it but i thought that Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker was onbviously the best match on the card but also Cena/Batista was better than Edge/Jericho as well. I also thought that the feud was very rushed and also ended poorly as well but that was more down to Jack Swagger cashing in Money in the Bank early.

Back on topic though and best feud for Edge would have to be in 2006 with John Cena which for me and a lot of other people was the best feud for a long time and really did a great job of elevating both men as well as making the WWE title seem like the most important thing in the world as it should be. It is very rare for WWE to book a long term feud of any longer than a couple of months that keeps people interested but in Cena/Edge they did just that by also throwing Triple H, Rob Van Dam and Sabu in at different times to keep the feud fresh and when Cena/Edge was booked again in 2009 they didn't really have to do anything with it storyline wise because their history made the feud great already.

As for the best match of Edge's career that is much harder but i would have to say that it would be one of his matches with The Undertaker in 2008 of which i couldn't choose one single match as they had a series of great matches from WrestleMania 24 through to SummerSlam. If i had to go with a match outside of his series with The Undertaker i would go with either his TLC match against John Cena at Unforgiven in 2006 which for me was the best match of the year or his Triple Threat tag team match with Rey Mysterio against Los Guerrero's and Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit which was a classic.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
My favourite feud of Edge was against Kurt Angle in 2002. This feud elevated him from undercarder to topcarder and if it wasn't for his injury, he would have main evented PPVs in 2003. I'm pretty sure about that.

Favourite match of Edge was also against Kurt Angle, the one from Backlash 2002. Showed Edge can hold his own against a former world champ who was on top of his game. The quality and especially the crowd reaction proved that Edge belonged in main events.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts