Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that Edge will ever turn heel again? I really do hope so because that's what he is, that's what he's been always good at. I think some of the hate will fade away once that happens.
And what are your thoughts on him being an eleven time world champion? Do you think he will surpass Triple H? Does he deserve it?

· Banned
18,342 Posts
This will sound like a massive trolling, but I really hope Edge retires in next few months.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Sorry dude he is nearing his end, their is a reason why they put the title on him, and its because its his last reign. He definitely had a good run but it looks like this is his last run, and a heel turn may only happen for the sake of Cristian. Also Edge will never surpass triple H for obvious reasons.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Edge will have one more 3 month or less run with a heavyweight belt or some sort. He'll also be involved with Christian a bit.
Another attaboy run and some tying up of loose ends and then he retires.

Edge has been hinting retirement for a year now and frankly and openly discussed injuries that are nagging him. I'd be surprised if he is with the company 18 months from now.

· Premium Member
5,017 Posts
I think he peaked in 2006 as one of the greatest heels of the company at that time, but as the PG era loomed he became tied down by the character because a lot of his promos were limited and thats what really got him over in 2006. I didn't mind his work in 2008 with the whole Edge/Vickie divorce angle but it still wasn't a patch on what he was with Lita in 2006. As for his next move, he needs to retire, because since 2008 he's been steadily going downhill and I'm a massive Edge fan so it hurts to say it but he's really gone as far as he can go in the WWE character-wise. Next step is hanging his boots up, no more heel turns.

· Registered
1,852 Posts
I dunno. I may sound strange saying this but I think they should keep him face so he retires on good terms with 'The WWE Universe' (I hate saying that)

I mean I'd rather he go out like HBK or Flair did rather than say JBL or just begin to phase out like The Rock did. I think he deserves that, he's been loyal to the WWE and has put so much of his body and soul into it... It just seems right.

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
There is no way in hell that Edge can be a Heel anymore. He has reached the limit of his career where he will still be cheered no matter what just like with the following below.

-Stone Cold in 2001
-Hollywood Rock in 2003
-Undertaker in late 2001- mid 2002
-Triple H and Kurt Angle in 2006

And Edge has reached his limit as a respected veteran in the business. If he does turn Heel again it will flop just like it did in his time on RAW last year as he kept getting mix reactions or full blown pops.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
There is no way in hell that Edge can be a Heel anymore. He has reached the limit of his career where he will still be cheered no matter what just like with the following below.

-Stone Cold in 2001
-Hollywood Rock in 2003

And Edge has reached his limit as a respected veteran in the business. If he does turn Heel again it will flop just like it did in his time on RAW last year as he kept getting mix reactions or full blown pops.
Pretty much this

· Wrestling is better while drinking
2,055 Posts
I would love to see them turn him heel and retire him to the announce table. At least give him a chance there as a heel. I think he has a chance to be pretty entertaining and we really need a decent heel commentator.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,772 Posts
Why are people always ragging on Edge about retiring? The guy is not even 40's yet, and people are acting like he's as old a Ric Flair. The guy is still quite healthy and athletic, and above all else is capable of holding his own in the ring. Some people might say his wreslting skills have deterioated due to his injuries but at this stage in his life, he dosen't have to be pulling out 5 star classic. As long as he's popular with the fans, and dedicated. He's fine, not to mention it's his choice, not ours when he wants to hang up the boots.

As for the topic. He might play a heel sometime in the future, maybe have one last run before retiring, but it proberly won't be as major as his last heel run, and when I say last heel run, I mean before he returned from is injury at Royal Rumble, and not the small little heel run he had before going to Smackdown.

· Registered
1,580 Posts
Why are people always ragging on Edge about retiring? The guy is not even 40's yet, and people are acting like he's as old a Ric Flair. The guy is still quite healthy and athletic, and above all else is capable of holding his own in the ring. Some people might say his wreslting skills have deterioated due to his injuries but at this stage in his life, he dosen't have to be pulling out 5 star classic. As long as he's popular with the fans, and dedicated. He's fine, not to mention it's his choice, not ours when he wants to hang up the boots.
Probably because he has stated in interviews that he is considering retiring when his contact is up next year.

To the OP, personally I am enjoying his reign as a face tbh.

· Registered
50 Posts
Edge said he will retire in 2012 when his contract is up. I think he's ready he's gotten banged up in all those TLC matches. Like someone said earlier, he's gotten to the point where he'll be cheered no matter what, that's why his RAW heel run failed. He will retire as a face, and, although he makes a far better heel, he doesn't make a bad face either IMO. I'm just sad that his last title reign (and the World Heavyweight Championship) had to be tainted by Ziggler. And that's coming from a Dolph mark.

· Registered
5,230 Posts
I think Edge is great too. Along with the Rock, I consider him the best mic worker in the business, and he still puts on such wonderful matches. And those manic facial expressions! He's a great champ, whether he's face, heel, or inbetween, and I don't know why so many people want to see him retire. Because when he does, his spot will inevitably be filled by someone bland, green and generic.

· Registered
2,365 Posts

-Stone Cold in 2001
-Hollywood Rock in 2003

You say that, but it also comes down to how pitifully the heel turn was executed. When your turn consists of a goodbye speech being interrupted on your last night on Smackdown, you can hardly blame the crowds for not taking the turn seriously.

Also, Hollywood Rock 2003 was getting booed, they just happened to be some of the friendliest boos you'll ever hear.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Yupp, like someone else above said, Edge can't really turn heel anymore. And yes, he will retire very soon. He is getting slower and slower in the ring by the week, his promos still kick as much ass as they ever did lol.

I still think that the worst thing to have ever happened in Edge's career is getting injured in 2009 when he was tag champs with Chris Jericho. They were 2 of the best heels in the company at the time, and man it would have been such an awesome tag title reign.

But yeah, Edge will retire soon and it's 95% sure that this will be his last world title reign :(

· Premium Member
286 Posts
I hate to see edge retiring. He still has plenty left in him. I dont know why their are so many edge haters. Hes always been a top notch talent in the wwe. I definately enjoy watching him more than old man undertaker.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.