Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dolph won a Number 1 Contenders match a week ago and will face Edge at the Rumble for the World Heavyweight Title.

Thoughts?

I'm really liking this match-up. Should be good and hopefully they get 15 minutes plus. Edge to win.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Ziggler won't win, but if he did I would absolutely lose it. He's tied with Christian for my favorite in WWE, and I REALLY wish there was some way for him to pull off a miracle.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Dolph Ziggler wouldn't win because there's no way he will headline WM this year. Excluding the Royal Rumble match itself, this match has potential to be MOTN, their match on Smackdown last year was fantastic, yes, it was that good, Ziggler's selling was top notch, but you already know that. ;)

Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't think it's been officially confirmed for the Rumble yet. I think that it more than likely will be, but it could be another Morrison situation where Ziggler gets his shot on an episode of SD and someone else faces Edge at the Rumble. Either way, when it happens, I'm sure Edge and Ziggler will have a good match. And I'm glad that Ziggler is getting a title shot. These last few months have been great for him. He won't beat Edge for the title, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won the WHC sometime this year.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't think it's been officially confirmed for the Rumble yet. I think that it more than likely will be, but it could be another Morrison situation where Ziggler gets his shot on an episode of SD and someone else faces Edge at the Rumble. Either way, when it happens, I'm sure Edge and Ziggler will have a good match. And I'm glad that Ziggler is getting a title shot. These last few months have been great for him. He won't beat Edge for the title, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won the WHC sometime this year.
I am afraid this might happen.........
I mean is the Rumble nobody buys the PPV to see the title matches they are the icing on the cake, the royal rumble match itself is the selling point. WWE should let this two go out there and put on a good match on the PPV, not on Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
and the NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

DOLPH, ZIGGLER!

Nah, he won't win, but man would it be cool.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will definitely mark if Ziggler wins, but I doubt he will. Edge will retain, and perhaps they could feud up to WM for a match there? Ziggler winning at Mania would give him that top push that would keep him as a main eventer for the rest of his career, instead of having him win at the Rumble, just to drop it at WM, which would make him look weaker. Anyways, although I'd like to see him win, Edge will retain.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
***spoilers***

I see the rivalry going on till wrestlemania - the promo on smackdown with Edge/Vicki/Dolph just showed how it will not be a short feud.

(BTW smackdown announced the match will be at Royal Rumble - but with Teddi Long hinting that Vicki had overstepped her mark - incase the feud falls flat).

Especially, with the crowd chanting you suck, not to Vicki, but Dolph at the end of the show, after Zig Zaging Edge into the steel steps...yah real heat for Ziggler.

WWE creative are really playing it tentative at the moment though - Dolphs face turn may have been suspended, his actions are definitely more heelish lately, but WWE creative still dropping hints. Expect to see Kaitlyn involved soon, since Edge mentioned her by name and Vicki showing still unresolved feelings to Edge.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I'm just glad and Edge and Vickie are going to have interaction but as adversaries. My only concern is Ziggler just kind of stands in the backgrounds. But it should make for some good segments. I think this is going to continue to lead to Zigglers face turn. Right now theres no reason to turn Ziggler face because it was thanks to Vickie, storyline wise, that he became the number one contender. I think the slower this goes, the more likely Ziggler's face turn will be a success.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I'm just glad and Edge and Vickie are going to have interaction but as adversaries. My only concern is Ziggler just kind of stands in the backgrounds. But it should make for some good segments. I think this is going to continue to lead to Zigglers face turn. Right now theres no reason to turn Ziggler face because it was thanks to Vickie, storyline wise, that he became the number one contender. I think the slower this goes, the more likely Ziggler's face turn will be a success.
One problem, Edge torturing Vicki will not get him heat. This is one reason, I just may think Dolph could win at the Royal Rumble, so Edge tries to break the relationship between Vicki and Dolph, by threatening/romancing Kaitlyn. This would lead to a simultaneous face/heel turn for Edge and Dolph, And Edge reuniting with Vicki, as the promo showed she still has unresolved feelings for him.

Strange to say, but Kudos for Vicki, she pulled it off brilliantly in the promo. Edge also had a great promo, and Dolph both showed heelish and face characteristics in his interactions.

(But he was to deferential to Edge and Vicki in his mic work - needed to push himself a little more, but with WWE creative giving him a more complex conflicted character, he was struggling at times.)

Honestly, this could just turn out to be one epic storyline...or completely ruin Dolph.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts