Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last report -

WWE Hall of Famer Edge was brought to Detroit, Michigan for last night’s WWE RAW Supershow so he and company officials could negotiate his new contract.

As noted before, WWE had previously offered Edge a new contract and were upset that the news leaked about his deal coming to an end. Word going around is that WWE tried to lowball Edge on the new contract they offered him before he came to Detroit this week. No word yet on how negotiations went last night.

To get an idea of how bad WWE tried low-balling Edge, Shawn Michaels makes around $300,000 a year under his contract with WWE and **** Foley makes a “little less.” It’s said that Edge wasn’t even offered close to what Foley makes.
Recent Report -

Edge Working Non-WWE Wrestling Event

Edge is scheduled to make an appearance at the May 11th Resistance Pro event in Chicago, IL. This will be his first appearance outside of WWE in many years. Edge is being billed as a “special guest” at the event.

The May 11th event will be headlined by champion Harry Smith vs. Rhino.

More Recent report -

- It appears that Edge is going to let his contract with WWE expire on Monday. The 2012 WWE Hall of Famer was reportedly offered a new deal to remain exclusive to the company and didn’t sign it. As noted earlier, he will be appearing at the Resistance Pro Wrestling show on May 11th in Chicago.

Source: F4Wonline.com

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Re: Edge WWE Fall out?

Expected this. Edge cant wrestle which means Vince doesnt a give a shit about him anymore. Edge demanding more money is just stupid, all things considered. He should just take what he is being offered.

·
Registered
526 Posts

So he didn't sign a new contract?
Hmm,I'm a bit surprised. I thought he would sign a legends contract with the WWE...

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

Pretty sure he's scouting.

edit: Harry Smith vs Rhino? As in, Rhyno? One of his best friends in the world Rhyno? There's your answer.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

No. I think people are reading too much into it. Now, if he does a shoot interview and trashes them that's another story lol. But the money probably just wasn't worth it to him with the exchange of control over his personal and professional affairs. WWE isn't exactly a lax employer. They probably wanted a lot more rights or control over things than he was willing to give for the money they were offering.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts

I doubt it. They should make him a commentator. Wrestlers with good promo skills tend to do great as commentators (JBL, Punk, Nash, Booker T, King before he started sucking, etc)

·
Banned
2,080 Posts

What other source of Income does Edge have besides WWE anyway? Even if he is wealthy for the time being, how long can he last without WWE?

EDGE needs WWE. He should just take whats being offered.

Its not like they need him. WWE can even create another EDGE if they want to.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts

Last report -

Recent Report -
The difference between Edge and Foley/HBK they can still wrestle Edge CAN NEVER WRESTLE i think Edge should be lucky they were gonna still pay him a hefty amount despite him being pretty much useless to them as a talent

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

What other source of Income does Edge have besides WWE anyway? Even if he is wealthy for the time being, how long can he last without WWE?

No, Edge doesn't need WWE. Obviously he has a lot of money from his wrestling days but he's still doing things here and there, like a TV show right now for example. He says he has enough money as it is to go for the rest of his life and he doesn't do things unless they are fun for him.

There will never be another Edge.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

wwe can create another edge ? lol ok wtvr that is just a fucking retarted thing to say . edge was one of the top 2,3 stars of the last decade in wwe along with cena and batista. you dont just create something like that ...all his matches, promos,main events, and let alone carrying smackdown for years (which has turned into shit ) you cant just replace .

anyway, back on topic i understand why he wouldnt want to resign but at the same time it sucks because any chance of seeing him come back in a non-wrestling role is gone at least for the time being...also, wwe seems to wipe away your existence when your not under contract with them anymore , so i hope that isnt the case with edge after all the years he spent working there .

lastly, i hope this doesnt lead to edge going to that shithole tna . i would cringe if that ever was 2 happen and he ruins legacy there

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

wwe can create another edge ? lol ok wtvr that is just a fucking retarted thing to say . edge was one of the top 2,3 stars of the last decade in wwe along with cena and batista. you dont just create something like that ...all his matches, promos,main events, and let alone carrying smackdown for years (which has turned into shit ) you cant just replace .

anyway, back on topic i understand why he wouldnt want to resign but at the same time it sucks because any chance of seeing him come back in a non-wrestling role is gone at least for the time being...also, wwe seems to wipe away your existence when your not under contract with them anymore , so i hope that isnt the case with edge after all the years he spent working there .

lastly, i hope this doesnt lead to edge going to that shithole tna . i would cringe if that ever was 2 happen and he ruins legacy there
If Edge is gone it's amazing how the only one left from the legendary tag team feuds/TLC days left in WWE today is Christian.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Edge deserves a decent salary. Sorry but he is a huge fan favorite and extremely talented. Did everyone not see his speech to Cena? It was fantastic. WWE appreciate him enough to rush his HOF yet want to pay him terribly. Makes no sense. Why bother?

·
Banned
5,212 Posts

Imo Edge should become a manager for some fresh talent, just beeing associated with him would bring the guy he's with a lot of attention.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Edge doesnt need to work another day in his life, he was a main eventer for the final 6 years of his fued, he would have made ALOT of money. If he doesnt feel it is worth his time/pride to sign some stupid WWE contract, then he is doing it for a reason. to all the people saying "he should sign for free money", that is incredibly ignorant. If it was free money anybody would take it, so it obviously comes with alot of terms and conditions which just arent worth it for a person of his current wealth and entertainment capacity.

·
Registered
604 Posts

I couldn't see Edge and Vince not coming to terms here. Vince might be one tight assed mofo, but he appreciates loyalty and sacrifice for the company, and Edge still has talent to offer besides pulling on tights. Match ****'s contract and BAM, deal sealed.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

Imo Edge should become a manager for some fresh talent, just beeing associated with him would bring the guy he's with a lot of attention.
I always wanted to see something like that with Hawkins and/or Ryder, but unfortunately he doesn't want to do that.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

I can see why Edge possibly refused. That's ridiculous money for Foley to be on and for what? To come back very rarely and do comedy angles with Santino? I know he's meant to be with Dean Ambrose in that angle, but still. Edge is probably a bigger name than Foley to WWE's current audience, I know that's a big claim, but I genuinely think so. Edge does deserve the kind of contract Foley's on, at least.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts