Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking and if WWE wanted to they can easily make this match happen for the Royal Rumble. Right now I'm not looking forward to Edge vs. Kane at Survivor Series because it just has no build up. This isn't a competitive sport where any contender in line can step up for a title. It just feels like that Orton/Batista/Triple H/Cena syndrome where WWE throws there hands up in the air and puts the biggest name into a main event match with no time to build it up. The only problem is this is Survivor Series, one of the big 4 ppvs WWE has each year.

So my idea would be to have the Kane/Edge match Sunday end with Kane retaining in a back and forth match. On the following Smackdown Edge says he wants a rematch at the title at TLC and demands Kane comes out and faces him man to man. Instead Vickie Guerrero comes out and with her authority role she has now manages to put both Edge and her new boyfriend Dolph Ziggler into a match with the stipulation being simply if Edge loses he will not gain the title shot. In the match Vicky interferes and helps Ziggler win when he uses the sleeper hold.

The following week Edge works out a deal with Teddy Long to make a match between Ziggler and let's say anybody from Kaval/MVP/Kofi or a multi man match where Ziggler has to put up his title that night. In the match Ziggler loses his title after Edge interferes.

Vicky goes apeshit over this and at the end of the show after the match announces that Edge will get a rematch with Kane in a Chairs(or it could be a Tables) match at TLC.

From here Edge wins the title, Kane goes away and for the next few weeks up until the Royal Rumble you have a feud that has already been brewing up for over a month.

With Royal Rumble being that ppv in the past where WWE experiments with giving the title shot to "never will be" world champions or first time challengers I think it makes sense to give it to Ziggler here. On top of that as much as some might not like it the Vicky/Edge/Ziggler feud seems destined to happen at some point.

On top of even that Edge has been known for being a transitional champion so it raises questions to the easily fooled who will believe Ziggler can actually win. To me Ziggler is more deserving right now than ADR is. ADR is being built up well but let's give him some time instead of forcing him right into the main event scene. This would actually make sense. I feel like we've already seen Edge/ADR wrestle for some reason, so it does nothing for me even though it has the potential to be a decent build up on Smackdown and good matches on ppv. Edge/Mysterio feuding again would be redundant to the point of awfulness, same with Edge/Taker. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeah I'd actually pay some interest in this fresh feud but then again I kinda wanna see Ziggler in the Rumble since he was eliminated so fast last year so maybe TLC they have a match but most likely that won't be the case.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
Hey if Hardcore Holly can get a title shot at the Rumble so can Ziggler!.

Reactions: NoLeafClover

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Ziggler isn't close to ready to getting a title shot right now. If they start building him as a serious player right now, keep Vickie away from him, and give him some more mic time then maybe next year's Rumble could be a possibility.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Ziggler getting a World Title match while being the IC champ would be cool to see, and with the awkward Edge and Vickie confrontation it would be a good feud to see, plus these two can put on a hell of a match. This could be a "test" to see if Ziggler can hang with the main eventers, even though we all know he can.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'd rather see Ziggler stay longer as IC Champion to be honest, his reign brings some prestige back to the title and it's so refreshing to see. They should elevate Swagger back to ME when Kane loses the title to Edge but that's just my preference.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
If any up and coming heel gets a shot at the title when Edge takes it off Kane, it would be, and it should be Del Rio. Ziggler is a good in ring wrestler, but he's just not a main event talent.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
:lmao at Everyone who says that Del Rio deserves a title shot over Ziggler. That is just ridiculous. Ziggler has been working his ass off for the last year and a half. Now with Vickie by his side and Edge (well after sunday) the champion, that is a ready made feud. The writers don't even need to think with that one.

And as the OP said the Rumble is the place where they normally test the waters with quasi main eventers, so why not? Let Del Rio diddle around with Mysterio a bit longer and see what Ziggler's got. It's not like he's actually going to win the title.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't want to see Edge as champ again right now, atleast not on Smackdown. It's stale.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
whether its del rio, ziggler, swagger or whoever, christian should interfre and cost edge the title!, just like how matt turn on his brother at the rumble, christian should do the same

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
- WWE does'nt care how long wrestlers been working for them, this year alone we've seen wrestlers in their first year get big pushes.
- Just because there's history between Vickie/Edge does'nt mean WWE will capitalize on it.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Ziggler is one of the best workers in the company. Of course, he deserves a title shot. Him still being the Intercontinental Champion when he challenges for the world title will only make the encounter more epic. (Like Hardy Vs. Orton from a few years ago.)

- Vic

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Rumble seems to be used as a midcarder's chance to get a title shot and test the water. And since the E will probably want the Rumble to be star studded it would make sense. Bob Holly, JBL, Jeff Hardy (wasn't quite the main eventer yet) all received world tile matches at the Royal Rumble. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Ziggler were to face Edge at the Rumble if Edge were to win at Survivor Series or TLC. Him, Swagger, or Del Rio would honestly be my picks if Edge were to win. Big Show or Kofi would seem like the only logical guys for faces if Kane would win.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Del Rio seems more likely to face Edge at the Royal Rumble, and while we're at it, it's been said that Christian's expected to be fully recovered within 4 months(that's January if we're counting from September), he could return to cost ADR his title shot.

·
Career Ender!
422 Posts
They wont allow Ziggler to have a title shot whilst he has the IC title, if they are going to push him he will first be made to drop the title, I can't see him being pushed until mid next year.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
What's this idea with people thinkin RR as been a ppv where midcard wrestlers get title shots ?

2004 - Bob Holly
2006 - Mark Henry
2007 - Umaga

Jeff was prime to win MITB that year and JBL/Cena was simply to advance the storyline of Michaels being JBL's employee.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What's this idea with people thinkin RR as been a ppv where midcard wrestlers get title shots ?

2004 - Bob Holly
2006 - Mark Henry
2007 - Umaga

Jeff was prime to win MITB that year and JBL/Cena was simply to advance the storyline of Michaels being JBL's employee.
are you agreeing then? It sounds like your not but your stats make a great case for it being true.
It makes sense to keep the RR strong, obv thats the main draw.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts