Wrestling Forum banner

Who will win THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER?

• Edge

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
I'm not sure why Edge would accept as he already won at WM but i hope Randy Orton wins this, i never saw the big deal about Edge when he was active and i still don't now. I hope Randy Orton moves onto a match with Drew McIntyre at SummerSlam after this.

Registered
Well the other day someone posted a thread asking if Rock vs Cena 'Once in a lifetime' would be the last big match in WWE History. They were wrong. Orton vs Edge.'The greatest wrestling match'

Registered
Bullshit WWE buzzword marketing aside, I've liked how they've transitioned this feud from the big gimmick match to a normal wrestling match. It usually never works like that, but the way they've gone about it I actually like it.

Though with the way they've hyped this up as the "greatest match ever" part of me thinks this will end in a DQ or just ending being a street fight.

Registered
I cant figure out why they have thrown such a label on the match, it funnily makes it feel like they are trying to compensate for the feud or match not being good enough without gimmicky stuff attached to it.

I can guarantee though that you will get quite a lot of hardcore wwe enthusiasts actually hitting Twitter after the match to actually claim it's the greatest match ever.

The Empire will Reign again
How can two guys who have never had a 5* match and arguably never had a 4* non gimmick match put on the "greatest wrestling match ever"? Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles didn't even get this type of hyperbolic marketing, and even though their matches ended up meh, they at least had the theoretical possibility of having the "greatest wrestling match ever", this match can't even say that.

Premium Member
Although they've given themselves an out by asking if this will be the greatest match ever, rather than saying it will be, it's still complete bullshit and the person who came up with it should be fired.

Registered
Hopefully it is better than their Mania match. It wasn't bad it was just way too long they could have accomplished the same goal in half the time. Compare it to Moxley/Omega at Full Gear that went nearly 40 minutes and that match flew by.

I see a 3 star match here, maybe 3 and a half. Not sure if my free month expires before this or not.

Registered
It would be hilarious if it did end up being the greatest wrestling match ever.
More chance of me getting Alexa Bliss pregnant than this being the greatest wrestling match ever.

My prediction is that this doesn't last a minute.

Registered
More chance of me getting Alexa Bliss pregnant than this being the greatest wrestling match ever.

My prediction is that this doesn't last a minute.
That's what I think will happen too.

Not the Alexa Bliss pregnancy but Orton does something underhanded to win quickly. At the same time I think it might be something too sort of funny to do after all the buildup and WWE might want to do something more serious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts