Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I compare these two because of the real life heat between them back in the day. Edge had it all in his career, won world title after world title and definitely outshined Matt but at what cost really? His career was completely stopped in 2011 because of a severe neck injury, never to wrestle again and has kinda just become a distant memory.

Matt Hardy didn't have the accomplishments or the star-studded career Edge did but on the positive side, Matt has his health. Here we are 6 years after Edge retired and Matt Hardy is still out there doing his thing and doing what he loves to do, with nothing stopping him. He's got relevance and longevity on his side while Edge has accolades and accomplishments on his side.

Which career out of the two would YOU want?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
haha this is actually a good/funny question in a way. At first you say Edge, but then it's true. You have a severe injury which must suck ass....but then again, you're set for life and aren't forced to wrestle anymore...so that's cool.

in terms of stardom Matt is probably pretty damn close to reaching Edge's level too. "Delete" might be bigger than "edge".... hmmmmm.

i'll go with edge but it's close

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Here's how this thread reads to me based on knowing how much the OP hates older wrestlers

I actually hate the Hardys. I even tell everyone just how much in this thread
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/2164585-raw-tag-division-completely-dead.html
My real agenda with this thread is to passive aggressively attack Matt and here is how I'm going to do it. I'm going to compare him to Edge. A guy that was forced to retire relatively young by wrestling standards who also happens to have far more accolades than Matt. Since it's obvious that most people are going to say they'd prefer to have Edge's career I'm going to sit back and think I've proven the my point about why all wrestler should retire young.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Edge was just another Roman.

Over pushed, overrated, never had a great match, never a great promo, very few lost feuds, always protected, a hundred times champ of everything, his finisher was a running hug.

So, Matt's career.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's how this thread reads to me based on knowing how much the OP hates older wrestlers

I actually hate the Hardys. I even tell everyone just how much in this thread
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/2164585-raw-tag-division-completely-dead.html
My real agenda with this thread is to passive aggressively attack Matt and here is how I'm going to do it. I'm going to compare him to Edge. A guy that was forced to retire relatively young by wrestling standards who also happens to have far more accolades than Matt. Since it's obvious that most people are going to say they'd prefer to have Edge's career I'm going to sit back and think I've proven the my point about why all wrestler should retire young.
What an absolute hypocrite you are. You claim I'm a troll or whatever and yet here you are trying to hijack my thread with claims that are completely untrue. I want to have a good, meaningful conversation/discussion with this thread. You make one more post about ME in this thread and I'm reporting you to the moderators.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Edge was just another Roman.

Over pushed, overrated, never had a great match, never a great promo, very few lost feuds, always protected, a hundred times champ of everything, his finisher was a running hug.

So, Matt's career.
Right.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,667 Posts
Hmm..I would have wanted Edge's career because I would be a multi time champion and money in the bank cash in. Also get to be in the ring with a dude that had a legendary Wrestlemania winning streak. Plus I would get to kiss some of the woman in the locker room on screen. Add in a Royal rumble Victor. So right there it would be Edge for me.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Considering Matt Hardy is still wrestling, probably Matt.

Having the girl I was planning to marry cheat on me would suck, but hey ending up with Reby isn't too bad either.

Championship reigns is not that big a deal to me personally.

Matt's probably a lot healthier, had so much fun doing the broken gimmick, just seems like a more enjoyable career.

Not in terms of actual success maybe, but more fun

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
What an absolute hypocrite you are. You claim I'm a troll or whatever and yet here you are trying to hijack my thread with claims that are completely untrue. I want to have a good, meaningful conversation/discussion with this thread. You make one more post about ME in this thread and I'm reporting you to the moderators.
Meaningful conversation/discussion? Lmao! Your entire gimmick here is that all wrestlers over 40 should crawl in a hole and die. Go ahead with that report if you feel it will be effective. I don't see any rules broken

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Edge would still be somehow involved in the wwe's broken universe, believe me..>:)

One world championship reign of Jeff hardy is rooted on the edges dominance over matt, and jeff storyline is to make revenge for his fallen brother

·
Registered
913 Posts
Re: Edge vs Matt Hardy - Which career which would you want to have?

Edge was actually successful. So Edge's career.
Yep.

Having the girl I was planning to marry cheat on me would suck, but hey ending up with Reby isn't too bad either.
I have a feeling you're only talking about her looks (and tbh I've never ever seen her) because based on her Twitter news around the forum, she's a lying, conniving, psychopath, with the temperament of a 12 year old who just got their first period.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Re: Edge vs Matt Hardy - Which career which would you want to have?

Yep.

I have a feeling you're only talking about her looks (and tbh I've never ever seen her) because based on her Twitter news around the forum, she's a lying, conniving, psychopath, with the temperament of a 12 year old who just got their first period.
I usually only read how the lawsuit is going to see if Matt get's his broken gimmick back. not necessarily the Reby Twitter rants. I saw a few though at the start, so I assumed she was upset and it'd died down. guess not lol

Maybe Matt has bad choices with relationships, One's a cheater and the other is a bitch I guess. I know he dated Ashley Massaro for a bit as well, but not sure how long that lasted lol

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Hardy, because he can do whatever he wants with his life while Edge couldn't wrestle now even if he wanted to. Maybe it's karma for dicking over his friend

I wouldn't sell Matt's career short either when compared to Edge. The Hardies were a big deal, and just like Edge and Christian were top stars when WWF was at its peak

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
dont know how any sane person could pick hardy if I'm honest
Because Hardy doesn't have a career ending injury, is still being talked about by wrestling fans, was one of WWF's top stars, is currently cashing WWE checks, and is banging a hot wife

Don't know how any sane person could pick Edge to be honest

1 - 20 of 66 Posts