Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can see it happening,. History will be repeated ! He'll most probably win the title at suvivor series which hopefully kills the Kane/Taker story line. But Edge always does this as soon as he gets the title he turns heel. Not that he makes a bad heel he makes a great heel. But i know it'll happen because Edge as a face dosent last very long and Edge will come out on smackdown calling us sheep once again

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
he only just turned face, besides heel edge is pretty stale

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Edge should remain a face for the rest of his career, which is coming to an end within the next few years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I doubt it, the guy only just turned face from turning heel not long after he turned face the first time...

This run is actually going better than the last one and the fans have embraced him a face a great deal more. They need that big main event face, with Edge not in the picture, they wouldn't have one. Edge fills that role well now.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No, he has turned enough the past 2 Years. It just takes all the credibility and confuses the Fans.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
It's not like Edge has any credibility left anyways, so it can't hurt him.

Ideally, I don't think he should win the title at all. I think he should lose, and they should give Kingston the Royal Rumble, let Kane continue to have his monster run with the title, and then elevate Kingston at WrestleMania for the huge win. He'd get much more of a rub defeating the current Kane than he would defeating the sad excuse of Edge.

I know, I know, most people would say that Edge/Kingston would be the better match. But the way Edge has been ever since his return, I'm not sure it would.

Although it would be pretty satisfying to see Kingston go over Edge.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
It's not like Edge has any credibility left anyways, so it can't hurt him.

Ideally, I don't think he should win the title at all. I think he should lose, and they should give Kingston the Royal Rumble, let Kane continue to have his monster run with the title, and then elevate Kingston at WrestleMania for the huge win. He'd get much more of a rub defeating the current Kane than he would defeating the sad excuse of Edge.

I know, I know, most people would say that Edge/Kingston would be the better match. But the way Edge has been ever since his return, I'm not sure it would.

Although it would be pretty satisfying to see Kingston go over Edge.
Despite his obvious physical deterioration, Edge can still put on a good match. His recent bouts with Swagger, Ziggler, and the Triple Threat Match last Friday are better than any of Kane's matches with Taker, and Mysterio this year.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Another Heel turn so soon? What is this TNA?

But in all seriousness. I think this face run might work a bit better for Edge this time around. The thing that got old and boring fast earlier this year was "Spear! Spear! Spear!"

So as long as they don't resolve to that again, I think he could have a better year in 2011 than this year.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think Edge only turned heel to help put Randy over as a face. Once that was done he didn't do much heelish and has had a pretty natural return to face.

Isn't Edge also next in line for a WWE movie? I'm guessing WWE will keep him face running through that release.

Quite funny to see Big Show and Edge as buddy buddy good guys on Smackdown now as if the whole Wrestlemania 25 story line never happened. Although I'm sure we're all happy to try forget that one.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Whoops, double post.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Despite his obvious physical deterioration, Edge can still put on a good match. His recent bouts with Swagger, Ziggler, and the Triple Threat Match last Friday are better than any of Kane's matches with Taker, and Mysterio this year.
This is true, I actually think Edge has got better in ring as we have gone through the year and right now is perfectly capeable of putting on a great main event match...against the right opponent. I don't expect a great match with Kane though...Edge isn't a miracle worker. I would take Edge over Kane as champion any day of the week. Kane has bored me to tears if I'm honest and Edge could have a good title feud with Swagger, or Del Rio.

On a sidenote, where are people getting the idea or impression Kofi is winning the Royal Rumble from? :confused:

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Edge has finally made himself reasonably relevant again with this face character. It'd be dumb to screw it up with another stale heel run. Besides, SmackDown has heels up the ass and Edge has done a great job getting over this time around. He's much more enjoyable now than he was when he came back at the Rumble.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I'm thinking Edge beats Kane here and his reign of boredom will finally end. I'm not sure where they'd go from here nor could I figure where'd they go with Kane as the champion either. Kane vs. Edge is such a random match that anything can really work well for TLC. Obviously one idea that sprung to mind was to have Edge still be baby face and have him take on Dolph Ziggler in a TLC match with the whole Vicky story line involved and try to bait us on a swerve where Vicky might turn on Dolph but I wouldn't have that happen.

Another idea would be to have Edge face Kofi Kingston in a TLC or Ladder match in similar fashion to the way Kofi was being pushed last year at the same exact time having a match with Randy Orton. Of course Edge would obviously win but I'm sure some people would get caught up and believe Kofi has some chance of winning just like they'd think Dolph could win it. TLC would be a great way to get some up and coming talent over like those two guys. Then you work towards the Royal Rumble and on from there.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts