Wrestling Forum banner

Edge: the greatest world champion in recent years

2836 Views 41 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  Amsterdam
Whens the last world champion to have had such an uphill consistent plausible battle and yet persevere at the end?

Miz?
Cena?
Orton?
Sheamus? lol
Swagger? lol

In the last 2 months, Edge won his world title in a grueling TLC match, defended it in a dangerous last man standing match with Kane, overcame his ex wife & Dolph Ziggler at the Rumble, and recently torn down the house with Rey in the Chamber.

What would make him the perfect champion is if he successfully defends his world title against Del Rio at wrestlemania.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Didn't even bother reading the OP. :side:

What did any of that have to do with my thread?
We read it, it just wasn't relevant. His so called "uphill battle" is booking related and has no merit whatsoever towards calling him the best champion in recent years, which belongs to CM Punk.

Edge has been crippling SmackDown for years. Thankfully, Del Rio is going to put a stop to his nonsense at WrestleMania and get it back on track....before Edge no doubt de-rails it again, mind you, but still.

You want to talk booking, The Miz is now guaranteed, by the time we get to WrestleMania, to have his first title reign last longer than any of Edge's 11. PATHETIC on Edge's behalf.

· Registered
819 Posts
I'm a huge Edge fan and have absolutely nothing bad to say about the guy. However, the way he is booked is a completely different story. His recent feuds have been handled terribly, and the belt is getting passed around more then Lita back in 2005.

· Registered
24 Posts
gota feel sorry for edge how can he reign supreme... he's literally pulling his hair out at the diabolical competition he gets given in the ring 1 spear at a time

· Registered
865 Posts
Whens the last world champion to have had such an uphill consistent plausible battle and yet persevere at the end?

Miz?
Cena?
Orton?
Sheamus? lol
Swagger? lol

In the last 2 months, Edge won his world title in a grueling TLC match, defended it in a dangerous last man standing match with Kane, overcame his ex wife & Dolph Ziggler at the Rumble, and recently torn down the house with Rey in the Chamber.

What would make him the perfect champion is if he successfully defends his world title against Del Rio at wrestlemania.
Not gunna happen sorry....

I highly doubt WWE would push one of their biggest (if not the biggest) up and comers to the Main Event of Wrestlemania to lose the World Heavyweight Title Match against one of histories most forgettable World Champs? (Don't get me wrong, I'm an Edgehead)

· Banned
13,614 Posts

Miz?
Cena?
Orton?
Sheamus? lol
Swagger? lol

The past 3 years at WM Edge has been in the World championship matches and has lost all 3 of them to me if Edge were to lose a 4th World title match in a row at WM i feel like it would be an insult to his career, so i definatly think Edge should retain the WHC at WM 27.
Heres a list of all the main eventers in the last 5 years who have gotten there shining moments at wrestlemania

Shawn Michaels: WM 12
Chris Jericho: WM 26
Triple H: WM 16 WM 18 WM 19 WM 25
Undertaker: WM 13 WM 23 WM 24
Randy Orton: WM 24
John Cena: WM 21 WM 22 WM 23 WM 25 WM 26
Batista: WM 21

Edge is a part of those list of main eventers and its not fair that all of those main eventers can have a shining moment at WM and not Edge. Edge has worked his ass off his whole career and TO ME it would be an insult to his career if wwe doesnt not let him have his shining moment before he retires Edge has had a rough 2010 and diserves to retain the WHC at WM 27. Del rio is going to be here awhile he will get his moment just not at WM 27 wwe should really give it to Edge

Now if Edge were to win this would be the 4th time in a row the rumble winner hasnt won at WM and people are saying the rumble will lose its credibility Bull Shit. The Rumble will always have credibillity its WWEs fault for not having the rumble winner win at WM. Orton could of won at WM 25, Edge could of won last year but wwe chose not to. Edge diserves this win no matter what. Out of 11 title reigns he can retain one at a WM. Del Rio is not going anywhere hes going to be here for awhile so he will have plenty of oppertunites to win the WHC. Also if Christain is going to be added in the match for a triple threat theres 2 guys both havent one a World title ever. So it wouldnt be fair to both men if one got it over the other thats where Edges comes in as the 3rd party and keeps the championship.

Look am all for Del Rio becoming World Champ just not at WM. He can win it at the nxt ppv.

Also if u think about it if Del rio were to win it would be just overshadowed by The Rocks confrontation with Cena and Undertaker vs Triple H match wouldnt u want Del Rios win to shine on its own and not be overshadowed by anything else?

· Registered
50 Posts
However, unlike Cena, Edge NEEDS a title to stay relevant.
Just because WWE hasn't given him a non-title feud recently doesn't mean he can't have one.

However, Edge the greatest world champ in recent years? Hell no. And that is coming from a HUGE Edgehead.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.