Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past 3 years at WM Edge has been in the World championship matches and has lost all 3 of them to me if Edge were to lose a 4th World title match in a row at WM i feel like it would be an insult to his career, so i definatly think Edge should retain the WHC at WM 27.
Heres a list of all the main eventers in the last 5 years who have gotten there shining moments at wrestlemania

Shawn Michaels: WM 12
Chris Jericho: WM 26
Triple H: WM 16 WM 18 WM 19 WM 25
Undertaker: WM 13 WM 23 WM 24
Randy Orton: WM 24
John Cena: WM 21 WM 22 WM 23 WM 25 WM 26
Batista: WM 21

Edge is a part of those list of main eventers and its not fair that all of those main eventers can have a shining moment at WM and not Edge. Edge has worked his ass off his whole career and it would be an insult to his career if wwe doesnt not let him have his shining moment before he retires Edge has had a rough 2010 and diserves to retain the WHC at WM 27. Del rio is going to be here awhile he will get his moment just not at WM 27 wwe should really give it to Edge

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
FUCK Edge. He's had about 7 world titles too many and has been performing like shit for the last 4 years. Alberto Del Rio, on the other hand is carrying SmackDown on his back and this is the big chance to put him over the top. WWE shouldn't, and won't waste his big opportunity on a guy who's gonna retire next year anyway.

This is why the IWC should NOT be allowed to make business decisions. It would be TERRIBLE business to waste a moment like this on a guy who isn't gonna be here 2 years from now.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The past 3 years at WM Edge has been in the World championship matches and has lost all 3 of them to me if Edge were to lose a 4th World title match in a row at WM i feel like it would be an insult to his career, so i definatly think Edge should retain the WHC at WM 27.
Heres a list of all the main eventers in the last 5 years who have gotten there shining moments at wrestlemania

Shawn Michaels: WM 12
Chris Jericho: WM 26
Triple H: WM 16 WM 18 WM 19 WM 25
Undertaker: WM 13 WM 23 WM 24
Randy Orton: WM 24
John Cena: WM 21 WM 22 WM 23 WM 25 WM 26
Batista: WM 21

Edge is a part of those list of main eventers and its not fair that all of those main eventers can have a shining moment at WM and not Edge. Edge has worked his ass off his whole career and it would be an insult to his career if wwe doesnt not let him have his shining moment before he retires Edge has had a rough 2010 and diserves to retain the WHC at WM 27. Del rio is going to be here awhile he will get his moment just not at WM 27 wwe should really give it to Edge
I might be alone on this, but I personally couldn't care less who wins this match. No proper hype, no real drama between the two. Boring.

Obviously both are individually good entertainers though.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
And besides Edge also has tons of iconic Wrestlemania moments(TLC, MITB, Spearing Foley to the flaming table), and despite the prestige of being a World Champion - those moments are more iconic than him raising a title - that he's held A LOT of times - in triumph.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FUCK Edge. He's had about 7 world titles too many and has been performing like shit for the last 4 years. Alberto Del Rio, on the other hand is carrying SmackDown on his back and this is the big chance to put him over the top. WWE shouldn't, and won't waste his big opportunity on a guy who's gonna retire next year anyway.

This is why the IWC should NOT be allowed to make business decisions. It would be TERRIBLE business to waste a moment like this on a guy who isn't gonna be here 2 years from now.
Hey thats your opinion and i respect that but i feel Del Rio was rushed into the main event scene i say have him lose at WM and have a few months chasing the title saying i will go threw the smackdown locker room to get to the championship and by like summerslam Del Rio can be World Champ Build him up more. Christain is bound to come by i can see him screwing delrio out of the wolrd title

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts

Oh mah brotha!!!! Testify!!!!!!

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And besides Edge also has tons of iconic Wrestlemania moments(TLC, MITB, Spearing Foley to the flaming table), and despite the prestige of being a World Champion - those moments are more iconic than him raising a title - that he's held A LOT of times - in triumph.
still he diserves his personal shining moment as WM

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Hey thats your opinion and i respect that but i feel Del Rio was rushed into the main event scene i say have him lose at WM and have a few months chasing the title saying i will go threw the smackdown locker room to get to the championship and by like summerslam Del Rio can be World Champ Build him up more. Christain is bound to come by i can see him screwing delrio out of the wolrd title
Maybe he was rushed.....so what? He was obviously ready as soon as he came into the company to be a main eventer, which is why he started out as one. He has more experience than most of the roster and there's no use fucking around with him in the midcard. Whether you think it's right that he was rushed or not, it doesn't matter now. WWE gave him the Royal Rumble. There's no turning back at this point, they have to push full circle. He's gonna get MUCH bigger, MUCH faster by winning at WrestleMania than by losing and having to wait until SummerSlam. That's just stupid.

Besides which, as I said, Edge doesn't need, and at this point, he doesn't DESERVE to win.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
In with the new, out with the old. Letting ADR lose at WM will kill his momemtum he has right now. Waiting until SummerSlam to win is not a good idea.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe he was rushed.....so what? He was obviously ready as soon as he came into the company to be a main eventer, which is why he started out as one. He has more experience than most of the roster and there's no use fucking around with him in the midcard. Whether you think it's right that he was rushed or not, it doesn't matter now. WWE gave him the Royal Rumble. There's no turning back at this point, they have to push full circle. He's gonna get MUCH bigger, MUCH faster by winning at WrestleMania than by losing and having to wait until SummerSlam. That's just stupid.

Besides which, as I said, Edge doesn't need, and at this point, he doesn't DESERVE to win.
Edge diserves a long title run that hes never had and his own shining moment before he reitres. Del Rio is not going anywhere he will have alot of World title runs. Plus i dont see Miz and Del Rio both walking out of WM 27 champs cuz there both heel. This is what ill say if Miz wins at WM than Edge will win but if Cenas winning than Delrio is winng u cant have both heel wins championship matches at WM. I see Miz walking out of WM wwe champ and delrio losing. This my opinion AND i beleive Edge should win after the 2010 he has had .he diserves to win a World title match at WM 27

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In with the new, out with the old. Letting ADR lose at WM will kill his momemtum he has right now. Waiting until SummerSlam to win is not a good idea.
but after the 2010 Edge has had he diserves a long title run and his own WM shining moment.

·
SAL
2,203 Posts
What kind of Wrestlemania moment does Edge need exactly? Winning MITB? Putting on a classic hardcore match with a memorable spot with Mick Foley? Main-eventing against the Undertaker? He hasn't had a main-event win at a Wrestlemania, so what? You know who else never won a WM main-event? The Rock. And he did alright for himself without it. He's had more than his fair share of big moments, and anyway, I don't think he's popular enough to warrant that spot closing Mania with a win. Edge/ADR will be where it belongs, in the upper mid-card, and even then the opportunity to win and have a big moment isn't something to give a guy just because he hasn't had it yet.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Edge's Wrestlemania moment should be putting Del Rio over. Which is actually a way of demonstrating your star power. Like when Triple H put over Batista six years ago (not to the same magnitude, and it's nowhere near as organic or natural a storyline or anything but the same principle applies to a smaller extent).

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
but after the 2010 Edge has had he diserves a long title run and his own WM shining moment.
Not everyone can have their WM moment(wrestlers that actually deserve it), sucks, but it is what it is.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
What kind of Wrestlemania moment does Edge need exactly? Winning MITB? Putting on a classic hardcore match with a memorable spot with Mick Foley? Main-eventing against the Undertaker? He hasn't had a main-event win at a Wrestlemania, so what? You know who else never won a WM main-event? The Rock. And he did alright for himself without it. He's had more than his fair share of big moments, and anyway, I don't think he's popular enough to warrant that spot closing Mania with a win. Edge/ADR will be where it belongs, in the upper mid-card, and even then the opportunity to win and have a big moment isn't something to give a guy just because he hasn't had it yet.
Well, to be fair, The Rock DOES have wins over Hogan and Austin at WrestleMania. I think that MORE than qualifies as a main event win, even if it's not a world title win.

Edge diserves a long title run that hes never had and his own shining moment before he reitres. Del Rio is not going anywhere he will have alot of World title runs. Plus i dont see Miz and Del Rio both walking out of WM 27 champs cuz there both heel. This is what ill say if Miz wins at WM than Edge will win but if Cenas winning than Delrio is winng u cant have both heel wins championship matches at WM. I see Miz walking out of WM wwe champ and delrio losing. This my opinion AND i beleive Edge should win after the 2010 he has had .he diserves to win a World title match at WM 27
No. He. DOESN'T.

I'm a huge fan of Edge...the good Edge, that is, but the good Edge doesn't exist anymore. The good Edge hasn't existed since mid 2007 when he started tagging along with Vickie Guerrero and ruining SmackDown. He's been sub par ever since, declining in both promo quality and match quality. Didn't get his WM moment? Too fucking bad, he was good then, he missed out. Cry me a river. He sucks NOW, which means NOW, he doesn't deserve to do anything except put over the future of the company, and when Del Rio wins at WM, you better adjust fast, because whether you like it or you don't, it IS the right move.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i never said he would close the show. and the Rock was only in 3 world title matches at WM if the rock was in a 4th i could garentee u the Rock would of won.. This will be Edges 4th in a row. For him to lose 4 World title matches in a row at WM to me would be a spit in the face to Edge. Edge has worked his ass of his whole career and diserves to hold the World title high at the end of his match at WM. Say what you want to say but this is how i feel.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, to be fair, The Rock DOES have wins over Hogan and Austin at WrestleMania. I think that MORE than qualifies as a main event win, even if it's not a world title win.

No. He. DOESN'T.

I'm a huge fan of Edge...the good Edge, that is, but the good Edge doesn't exist anymore. The good Edge hasn't existed since mid 2007 when he started tagging along with Vickie Guerrero and ruining SmackDown. He's been sub par ever since, declining in both promo quality and match quality. Didn't get his WM moment? Too fucking bad, he was good then, he missed out. Cry me a river. He sucks NOW, which means NOW, he doesn't deserve to do anything except put over the future of the company, and when Del Rio wins at WM, you better adjust fast, because whether you like it or you don't, it IS the right move.
hey its your opinion and if thats how u feel i cant agrue but this is how i feel like Edge diserves it more

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Fuck who deserves it more. Fuck it right in the ass.

In 2 years, who's actually gonna be IN the WWE? Alberto Del Rio. Edge said himself, when his contract is up in 2012, he's GONE. Giving it to a broken down hack just because you think he "deserves it" is a ridiculous business move.

I'm glad Vince McMahon is in charge, because despite his view of Christian, he gets the other big decisions right most of the time. If you people were booking WWE, I don't even want to imagine.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I also hope Edge wins.

If he loses, then 10 years from now we'll look back and wonder why he lost 4 title matches in a row.

Just give him the win so he gets a Wrestlemania moment.

He won two main-events in two consecutive years:

·
SAL
2,203 Posts
i never said he would close the show. and the Rock was only in 3 world title matches at WM if the rock was in a 4th i could garentee u the Rock would of won.. This will be Edges 4th in a row. For him to lose 4 World title matches in a row at WM to me would be a spit in the face to Edge. Edge has worked his ass of his whole career and diserves to hold the World title high at the end of his match at WM. Say what you want to say but this is how i feel.
I get that you feel that way, and that's fine. But we're talking about a guy who's had TEN title reigns since 2006. That's more than enough for my liking. Even if Edge wins, his role at this point in his career is to help other guys get over. He could beat ADR at Wrestlemania and then lose the title in May or something, but why not give ADR the big moment and maximize his heat? Again, Edge has had more "big" Wrestlemania moments than just about anybody. None of them were world title wins, but still.

And I'm sure the Rock would have been given a title win eventually, but that wasn't my point. The Rock is a superdupermegastar, and he didn't need that big title win at Wrestlemania to cement his reputation.

He won a Wrestlemania main-event twice

You could make an argument for the Hogan match, but Rock/Austin III was basically an afterthought, and Rock stopped wrestling a month later.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.