Wrestling Forum banner

Edge requested certain opponent for WM 27 but was turned down

14949 Views 146 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  DesolationRow
credit: ...........
Nice to see WWE and Vince value Edge's career. They couldn't honor a simply request like that.
Are they really this clueless as to why PPV buyrates are down.
Edge vs. Christian at WM would mean buyrates and draw. Lots would order just to see that match.
Edge had reportedly requested last year to wrestle Christian at this year's WrestleMania 27 but WWE officials weren't interested in it.
The company is well aware that Edge's career will be coming to an end in the near future.
Some believe 2011 may be his last full year in the ring, especially after his comments at the WWE live event in Toronto this weekend.
Reactions: androinv3
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Apparently this isn't the first time that Vince denied the match-up either. I understand that creative writers have pitched this to him on several occasions in the past, only to be refused. That said, I think we will get Edge vs Christian if WM 28 is in Toronto because Edge pretty much indicated he would quite like to bow out if WM were in Canada and he is a big enough star to get the opponent of his choice.

· Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did Edge say in Toronto?
Following a successful World Heavyweight Title defense over Dolph Ziggler Saturday night in Toronto, Ontario, Edge
announced to the audience, "I might only have a couple more of these visits left in me, and I want to end my career in
Toronto. Maybe if Mania is here."

· Registered
6,706 Posts
What could be the reason that they declined?

Christian doesn't have to win the belt or even beat Edge; just let the match happen.

And Edge has been in the company for so long, doing crazy stunts involving ladders, tables on fire, thumbtacks, and Vickie Guerrero.

Give him the match he wants!

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
credit: ...........
Nice to see WWE and Vince value Edge's career. They couldn't honor a simply request like that.
Are they really this clueless as to why PPV buyrates are down.
Edge vs. Christian at WM would mean buyrates and draw. Lots would order just to see that match.
:lmao Yes, buyrates are down because Edge and Christian aren't facing each other on PPV. The only people who want to see this match are internet fans and smarks. The sheer lack of reaction these 2 have gotten when interacting together more than indicates that.

· Registered
819 Posts
:lmao Yes, buyrates are down because Edge and Christian aren't facing each other on PPV. The only people who want to see this match are internet fans and smarks. The sheer lack of reaction these 2 have gotten when interacting together more than indicates that.
The closest thing to a segment together they've had recently was at the Slammys, from what I remember. These two have the in ring ability and mic skills to make it happen. The fact that Vince shit's on Christian so much actually pisses me off. This guy is better in every way then the majority of the active roster, and he is over, Vince needs to realize that.

· KAMEHAMEHA!
31,588 Posts
This isn't a candycoated phrase when I say this: Christian is BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS the best and most well-rounded talent the WWE currently has under employment.

But this isn't surprising b/c Vince seems to hate Christian for some reason. Very surprising b/c Matt and Jeff Hardy got that terrible feud in 2009 that bombed in every aspect a feud could bomb in.

· 1/100
8,001 Posts
The very *smarky New Orleans* crowd popped hard for E & C in December.

I haven't spent a dime on anythng WWE since 2002, but E & C on PPV would force my hand and make me pay whatever PPV's cost. I imagine there would be others in the same boat. Enough to bring up buyrates? Probably not, but it would draw more money than Edge-Del Rio, believe that.

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
The closest thing to a segment together they've had recently was at the Slammys, from what I remember. These two have the in ring ability and mic skills to make it happen. The fact that Vince shit's on Christian so much actually pisses me off. This guy is better in every way then the majority of the active roster, and he is over, Vince needs to realize that.

I haven't spent a dime on anythng WWE since 2002, but E & C on PPV would force my hand and make me pay whatever PPV's cost. I imagine there would be others in the same boat. Enough to bring up buyrates? Probably not, but it would draw more money than Edge-Del Rio, believe that.
I'll believe nothing. He's marginally over at best. Besides, I'm sick of this place making an E&C feud out to be something that everybody is just dying to see. Ask any member of the 'WWE Universe' what matches they really want to see and I'm sure Edge vs Christian is somewhere at the bottom of the list. Hell, Orton/Cena is probably going to be higher despite the fact that people are tired of it. I'm not saying that it won't be good or that nobody wants to see it. Hell if it happens I couldn't care less. But it isn't a mistake if it doesn't happen and isn't going to be some big loss of revenue/buyrates/ratings/hype or whatever else most here seem to think its going to be.

· Registered
819 Posts

Agreed. You want to talk about superstars only the IWC gives a fuck about, talk about Alberto Del Rio. I guarantee you that if they let them run with it, Edge and Christian would put asses in the seats and money in Vince's pocket.

· Registered
896 Posts
He'll get his match at WM28 but it wont be for the title. Christian will retire Edge in Toronto in a meaningless midcard match ............... infact i wouldnt be suprised if Vince even veto's this idea and wants Edge to put over another young star for his retirement.

Anyone who thinks Edge v Christian wouldnt draw is a fucking lunatic, and that includes Vince. Sometimes he can be to damn stubborn for his own good. Instead of getting a 20+ year storyline of triumph and heartbreak play out on the biggest stage of the year we have to watch The Miz attempt to wrestle! fpalm

Such is life.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.