Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) Why was Edge getting booed at SummerSlam 2004? I couldn't believe the fans were hating on their fellow countryman.

2.) How did Edge turn face this time? Last year, he cost Randy Orton a title shot and was beating up Bret Hart, then he's loved by the fans on Smackdown. What did I miss?

- Vic

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
1 - I think Edge's injury cost him momentum and WWE were trying too hard to get him back to where he had been. The fans sensed this and turned on him.

2 - I believe his heel turn was un-planned and forced on creative by Orton's face turn (which was done by the fans primarily) coupled with Edge not being fit enough to work his face moveset. Once that feud ended early due to Orton's shoulder injury they had him lose his cool with the annoymous Raw GM, causing the fans to cheer him and that, coupled with his move to Smackdown and his improved fitness, allowed him face turn.

·
Read Only
11,514 Posts
Well, Edge;s latest heel turn was a complete clusterfu*k.

Outta nowhere he speared Orton during the draft, and thus began the long awaited Rated RKO feud. Then, Orton injured his shoulder while getting too pumped during the "Viper is coiling" taunt that he does. This lead to no more one-on-one matches and they were placed in a Fatal 4 Way for the WWE title, which Sheamus won. Then, the RAW Money in the Bank, which Miz won. It was all a big mess.

One thing led to another and pretty soon Edge was destryoing the GM's computer, which (obviously) made him a big-time fan favorite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.