Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
We asked the same thing when Piper challenged him on Piper's Pit. We asked if he would change when Kane was fucking with Zack Ryder. We asked if he would change when The Rock came back.

Dude's not changing.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We asked the same thing when Piper challenged him on Piper's Pit. We asked if he would change when Kane was fucking with Zack Ryder. We asked if he would change when The Rock came back.

Dude's not changing.
Did he bring his signature chain with him to the ring after any of those segments? Nope.
He could have brought any chain with him, But if im not mistaken it was that chain he use to wear before.
Now maybe its nothing major, but something will change with Cena.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,050 Posts
No Edge was just telling him to turn back into the superman character he once was the guy who over comes the odds. Cena's been losing lately and acting like a pussy, Edge was telling him to snap out of it. Cena will go back to the same old happy smiling Cena soon enough.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
It was a great promo by Edge (I can't believe there isn't more discussion about this). It Reminded me how great he always was on the mic, and Edge bringing up the fact that Cena was his greatest rival rekindled those fond memories of what a great feud they had. One of my favorites of all-time.

It was just so random that Edge showed up though, the average crowd really popped for his entrance though which was great to see. People bowing down in the audience to him was epic. He has true legend status now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It was a great promo by Edge (I can't believe there isn't more discussion about this). It Reminded me how great he always was on the mic, and Edge bringing up the fact that Cena was his greatest rival rekindled those fond memories of what a great feud they had. One of my favorites of all-time.

It was just so random that Edge showed up though, the average crowd really popped for his entrance though which was great to see. People bowing down in the audience to him was epic. He has true legend status now.
This, couldn't have said better myself, it was great to the Rated R once again!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I thought it killed the legitimacy angle because cena/edge feud is a "wrestling" one not, an I'm going to kick your ass foreal one. You can't spend a better part of the past three weeks saying its about being real and then have someone's "wrestling" rival talk about they wish the old them was facing Brock.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Have to give Edge and the writers credit on this one. His recent induction into the Hall of Fame gave the promo a little bit more weight than it would have had otherwise. The subtext was that Cena has already achieved his legacy, up to a point, and if Edge was a shoe-in for immortality, Cena will be the named the headliner of whichever year's class follows his retirement about four seconds after he hangs the jorts up. However, Rock defeating him and Lesnar coming in to attempt to replace him call into question whether or not Cena can maintain his position, what the future holds in store for him, where does he begin to go now that he reaches, on this night in which he listens to the words of his greatest rival and three-week-old Hall-of-Famer, his thirty-fifth birthday (which is usually the age at which athletes are considered veterans/"old men"). Compelling viewing. I'm hoping that Cena continues to take one blow after another to his "Never Give Up" constitution, until he finally finds himself beginning to lose his soul and, doing things the hard way as usual, finally listens to Kane's advice about truly embracing the hate, ha.

Reactions: Bullseye

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is a bit crazy but Edge's promo actually has somewhat put me on the side of Cena. Did Edge convert me? I've been hating on Cena for a good while but the biggest point made was Brock not caring for the WWE while Cena obviously does. While I was (and still am) excited for Lesnar's return, I'm kinda rooting for Cena on this one. Is that strange?

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,878 Posts
A really unexpected return was very surprising in my view and the man once again gives out a good promo. He has not lost his step since being away for so long.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts