Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
AMAZINGGG PROMO wow im really happy you posted that as i forgot about that completely....BUT id still say PUNKS shoot was alittle better...IMO punks promo was 1 of the greatest promos in professional wrestling history it really was THAT GOOD.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, I've never seen that promo before, but it's totally awesome!

I still consider CM Punk's promo to be better though, since it was way more unexpected.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I haven't seen that promo before either, got to say I give it an A+. Why do we always gotta compare Punk's promo to others though? Both were damn good.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
So...? What's the point of comparing them when they have completely different motivations, purposes and contexts?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Why even bring CM Punk into conversation by showing this promo?

This has nothing to do with nothing.

Just stop.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
What a mark.

Mark is defined as someone who supports the industry through $$$. Why do you assume this is an insult? O fuck you you fan who buys tickets and merchandise.

If you don't know how to use the term correctly, don't use it. And especially stop trying to give off childish insults that don't even work.

Also, that promo wasn't a shoot. I can't believe people still don't get that.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Why is that considered a shoot? I guess you mean worked shoot because its based off real life. I am pretty sure that whole thing was scripted bro and if what he was saying was true, there is no way they would let Matt and Edge go at it especially the way they did at SS and Unforgiven regardless of money making schemes. With that said, it was a great promo.

Punks was game changing though, no one said anything about Edges promo being anything too out of the ordinary. The two hated each other because he stole his girl and got him fired. (Which in reality Matt got himself fired with the internet, we all know how that worked years later) Sounds like a normal feud to me. When Punk did his, we were so used to the term wrestler not even being mentioned. So, when that happened and he dropped names like Lesnar, saying the main event of WM is bullshit, mentioning being the best wrestler in the world (unlike Jericho's best at what I do shtick), bringing up HHH running things etc. it was a bombshell whether you are a supporter of Punk or the more popular hate anything that is popular mark. Could anyone have done it? With the right mic skills, sure. But that's not the point, Punk did it.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Forgot all about this... This promo, as well as the whole interview on 'Byte This' was insane... Matt came off looking like a complete moron.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
You're saying it as if it's something special, Joey Styles cut a better shoot promo than Punk, and Edge is a better mic worker than both of them.
kayfabe or not, the majority of Edge's promos in 2006-2007 were better than any promo Punk has ever cut.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.