Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Six Point Terror
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a report from PWInsider.com, Edge's contract with the WWE is set to expire on May 1st 2012, making him a free agent, essentially able to go to any professional wrestling promotion he wishes.

The site has also reported that Edge has a close friendship with Hulk Hogan, and obviously TNA would welcome Edge with open arms if he ever decided to jump ship to join them. If that were the case, Hogan would most likely do everything he could to bring the "Rated-R Superstar" in.
Ok...i don't see Edge jumping ship and heading to TNA, but, the friendship between him and Hogan is documented to be very close. Is it possible for him to jump?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Absolute minimal chance that he would be making any appearances in TNA. It's just... too unrealistic. Maybe somewhere down the track he could make some non-wrestling appearances but he's just too much of a WWE guy

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I doubt it, Edge has gone on record saying he was thinking about retiring in a year or so before the injury, doesnt miss the travelling or the matches, "Edge" has had his career, now Adam can go and do the other things he thought about as a kid.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There is nothing to worry about, Edge will never go to TNA, so I don't see the big buzz, typical dirtsheet reports!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why on earth would Edge go anywhere? He'll resign a legends contract or he'll just let it run out and do whatever he wants outside of wrestling.

He's never gonna wrestle again because of his back, and I'd bet he's very grateful to the WWE for everything they did for him. If he signs for anyone it's the WWE.

Let him have his time off and come back again whenever he feels like it to get on commentary, be a manager or even GM. He deserves as long a break from it all as he wants.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Why would he go to TNA to be a non wrestling personality when if he wanted, he could be a non wrestling personality in WWE? he wouldn't, he doesn't want to be.

They are allowing his contract to expire because he doesn't want to be around, if he wanted a job as announcer or GM they would give him one, he wouldn't go to TNA for nowhere near as much money.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
No chance he goes to TNA imo, he will probably not bother with a contract with WWE but will work for them scouting talent, which from various interviews is what he wants to do, hopefully he will also be involved in the new development stuff in Stamford because the guy has so much to offer young talent as a trainer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I'm with everyone else here. The only possible reason I could see Edge going to TNA is if Christian were to every go back, and I'd say it's a strong chance that never happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.