Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole kidnapping story with Kane chasing Edge/Paul Bearer to me makes Edge seem annoying to watch. I guess it's suppose to be funny or whatever Imo i think it's the worst main event storyline all year.

Also Kane vs Edge is a terrible match up because Edge can't spear big guys. Seeing Kane job to a weak spear = ...

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I've found Edge boring basically since 2007. An E&C reunion is the only thing that can make him interesting again.

·
Ho!
17,973 Posts
I've been enjoying it, first time I've truly enjoyed Edge since his psycho run in the summer of 08. Edge has been doing a great job in his role. Is the storyline that good? No, but it is pretty entertaining. Personally I find it much better than the bland Sheamus/Orton feud (though I will admit their Cell match was very good).

And it's well established Edge has one of if not the weakest spears, especially against guys bigger than him. But it's over, he's a face, so why wouldn't he do it now? Fact is Edge is really getting over with the crowd with his antics, it's much better than what he was trying to be against Jericho imo, but if you're annoyed by it, then there isn't really much I can say to change your mind.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Edge is god awful as a face. This is almost as bad as the spear spear spear build up for his WM match against Y2J. I wish he would just retire already.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
He was starting to become a bit interesting again when he was drifting back from heel to face and leaving Raw for Smackdown. The feud with Kane, however, has killed whatever interest I had in his character...just an awful storyline imo.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I'm not Edge's biggest fan on here but I can't blame him in this instance because the storyline isn't offering him very much, and I think he's been squeezing just about everything he can out of it. I'd like to see him just win the strap from Kane, since it's practically an inevitability unless they have a major upcoming swerve in the works while Del Rio goes over Mysterio, leading to a Del Rio/Edge feud. And I'd like to see Del Rio be given some of the thematic buttressing of his character in their feud that Edge often enjoyed as a heel with all of his manipulative shenanigans. It'd be cool to see Edge on the other side of the conflict from that point-of-view. (They could have easily gone that route with Jericho/Edge but somehow opted for something far less exciting.)

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
he's just boring. i had no interest in the kane/taker feud and now that it's kane/edge i still dont give a shit. it might just be kane but in general i find edge largely uninteresting.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I find it entertaining. I haven't watched SD that much but smackdown tonight is funny.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't think so. I think this is the best he's ever been since returning from injury, i love this psycho side of Edge.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You think this is bad, we're going to have to hear about how amazing this soon to be 10 times champion was for decades. The bottom line is Edge is very average and I'd say the word boring describes him quite well. His matches are usually bland, his promos aren't entertaining, he is skinny as hell and has the worst spear ever.

9 time champ, one of the greatest of all time HAHA right end this madness.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It isn't Edge, it's the horrible writing.

This storyline is quickly reaching Katie Vick levels of stupidity. I'm not even joking. I mean, there are bad storylines, and then there are storylines that literally insult the intelligence of the audience, and this is one of the latter. It's easily the worst thing I've seen on WWE TV since I started watching again in mid-2009. It's been the same thing for 3 weeks in a row. You can only mutilate an effigy of Paul Bearer so many times before it's no longer amusing. And Edge has had Paul Kidnapped for 3 weeks and nobody thought to call the police? Really? Furthermore, Kane is supposed to be the World Heavyweight Champion, the man who defeated the Undertaker THREE TIMES, yet he can't catch a guy pushing a 300 pound man around in a wheelchair? I know it's all fiction and you're supposed to supend your disbelief and just enjoy the show, but when the writing is this stupid it makes it really, really hard.

That is all.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
It isn't Edge, it's the horrible writing. This storyline is quickly reaching Katie Vick levels of stupidity. I mean, there are bad storylines, and then there are storylines that literally insult the intelligence of the audience, and this is one of the latter. It's easily the worst thing I've seen on WWE TV since I started watching again in mid-2009. So Edge has had Paul Kidnapped for 3 weeks? Really? Why doesn't someone call the fucking police? And Kane is supposed to be the World Heavyweight Champion, the man who defeated the Undertaker THREE TIMES, yet he can't catch a guy pushing a 300 pound man around in a wheelchair? I know it's all fiction and you're supposed to supend your disbelief and just enjoy the show, but when the writing is this stupid it makes it really, really hard.

That is all.
I do wonder how Edge was supposed to get a hostage onto a plane multiple times, though.

Wonder why nobody called the cops on teddy long when he made MVP go in an inferno match against Kane.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts