Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
852 Posts
I was a big fan of his in WCW, particularly his work with Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio, Jr., but I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw of his WWE run up until I quit watching in late 2003. Whether or not I was actively interested in his career when he died doesn't make his death any less of a loss. He was great in-ring and oozed charisma.

·
Registered
401 Posts
He was honestly in the top ten greatest workers of all-time. He had an amazing body of work all the way up until he died, he was probably the worker of the year of 2005.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
jbf***ingl. thats all i think about. and he wrestled brock and angle in his reign but i only remember jbl and not in a good way. apart from that it was looking good for eddie heading to survivor series 05 another title reign would have been better than the first but it wasnt to be. rip eddie

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
A very good worker but I never liked him that much and honestly think that he sometimes gets overrated.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Fucking magnificent performer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A very good worker but I never liked him that much and honestly think that he sometimes gets overrated.
I totally agree with what you said here. He was a great talent but I was never a fan. Just never liked him very much or cared about his character, matches, feuds, etc. I never really thought of him as a main event talent. I always felt his ceiling should have been upper mid-card i.e. Jobber to the Stars.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I was not into wrestling before he died but right now, I think of him as an excellent performer in the ring with amazing charisma. The whole package.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
He was awesome. During his feud with JBL, I used to talk mad shit about Eddie all the time to get under my friend's skin. He was for Eddie & I was for JBL. Deep down I wasn't really for JBL, I was just trolling.

Thing is, I've always rooted for the heels. Ever since I was a small child.

Eddie was one of the first babyfaces I actually liked.

I really miss him.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Eddie is the all around professional wrestler. To rip off Lex Luger, Eddie was indeed "The Total Package". Could work a mic, had charisma coming out of his ears, had excellent ring psychology and could work circles around 99% of anyone he was ever in the ring with. The only flaw? His personal life, as his demons eventually caught up to him. It's unfortunate, because he was on the right track & living a clean/healthy life.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I thought he was in the prime of his WWE career right before he died. I wasn't much of a fan of his title run though.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I became a genuine fan of Eddie Guerrero around early 2003 because his whole character and persona made me laugh, you could see that he was leading Chavo Guerrero through their Tag Team run. Once he became a singles wrestler again i enjoyed his work going into the US title tournament final where he beat Chris Benoit and from there on in he had drawn me in as a fan and someone i was emotionally invested in.

Through latter 2003 you could see just how over and popular he had become and i saw big things for him although i didn't expect him to become WWE champion if i'm honest as i didn't see him as being WWE champion when the likes of The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar and The Big Show were all around on SmackDown but of course i didn't know about Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle not being around post WrestleMania 20 either.

As big a fan as i became of Eddie Guerrero though i've never bought into the notion that he is one of the greatest ever as many people on these forums have labelled him as simply put he wasn't, if i was asked to name a top ten or top twenty five he wouldn't be in it. I think a lot of people built him up and overrated him due his untimely death rather than because it was true and i always saw him as the third best in ring worker of The Radicals after Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko although that isn't knocking Eddie Guerrero is it.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Eddie was an awesome peformer, great wrestler, great character and really fun. He's my second favorite wrestler of all time and him winning at NWO '04 is one of my favorite moments as a fan.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The total package. The all round entertainer and on the path to being one of the greatest ever. Even when I was 12 years old knowing little about the business, I was shocked at just how talented he could switch from babyface to most hated heel and switch back again in one night. Brilliant in the ring, great look and oozed charisma. Its a absolute fucking tragedy that he died so soon, especially after conquering his demons. He would have been a cemented legend, pretty much on HBK's level had he lived. So sad.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Eddie Guerrero, what a wrestler. One of my favourites? without a shadow of a doubt. I was 14 years old when Eddie Guerrero died and I remember being a young kid aspiring what he stood for. I remember his Los Guerreros tag-team, spraying Big Show with shit, than he went onto his feud with Lesnar/Angle/JBL.

No Way Out 2004 Eddie vs Brock, what an amazing match. This was a guy who worked so hard to get where he was and he suceeded. I'm now 20, nearly 21 and everytime I watch WWE I always hope one more time to hear Eddie Guerrero music just one more time... and I know its not going to happen.

Eddie my favourite wrestler of all time, I love him as a performer/character and he genuinly seemed like a lovely guy. God bless you Eddie! 1967 - 2005!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was quite young watching Eddie growing up, but he was honestly one of my favourite wrestlers as a kid along with Edge and Lesnar, I loved the guy. Now that I'm a bit older I can appreciate just how good he actually was, the guy could do everything. It's such a shame he had to go so soon :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i always saw him as the third best in ring worker of The Radicals after Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko although that isn't knocking Eddie Guerrero is it.
But he was much better all around than Malenko and Benoit. Neither of them could dream of being as charismatic and entertaining as Eddie.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
One of the greatest heels ever. He was one of the very few heels that made ya feel like it was genuine. He was an amazing face too. Charisma, mic skills, fantastic wrestling ability. Loved him. He was my favorite when he passed.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I was never an OMG I'M HIS BIGGEST FAN type of guy but he was still awesome. What's not to like about him? He had IT, in every area. For my money, also the most convincing, believable heel in professional wrestling history. No matter what he did, he projected believable, uncartoonish wrestling villainy like no other. I never had to try to forcibly suspend my disbelief when Eddie was a heel, he just made it seem so organic. Fantastic face too, he pulled off the loveable cheat really well too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.