Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-watching this program, this storyline was very entertaining which had tons of fun segments between these two. Both men were enjoyable and were the most over during this time, they were popular. Eddie Guerrero was trying to redeem himself and become a changed man from all his nasty doings previously, and wanted some sense of acceptance. Batista wanted to align himself with Eddie but had trust issues due to the events of what happened during his time in Evolution. Eddie was conflicted since he was in pursuit of the WHC title, and wanted to show Batista he was a changed man befriended him.

I thought it was fun and both guys in the segments and promos had great chemistry, I wish we'd see stuff like this again. SmackDown was soo good at this time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
yeah...smackdown was so funny at that time.

I's a pity we couldn't get more of that "friendvalry" cause of Eddie's death, as he was about to win the WHC.

2 of the greatest superstars of their eras.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
That's one thing I loved about the feud. They emphasised on it being a battle for respect.

I liked that storyline, along with Eddie choosing not to cheat in his final PPV match. I wish we could have seen how that angle would have played out.
One of the SD writers revealed Eddie Guerrero was going to cost Team Smackdown the match at Survivor Series by turning heel on his team (similar to Jericho 4 years prior) and lose the rematch to Batista at Armageddon.

- Vic

·
#TeamLOVE
2,047 Posts
That's one thing I loved about the feud. They emphasised on it being a battle for respect.

One of the SD writers revealed Eddie Guerrero was going to cost Team Smackdown the match at Survivor Series by turning heel on his team (similar to Jericho 4 years prior) and lose the rematch to Batista at Armageddon.

- Vic
i read that he was supposed to win the WHC at a Smackdown in a triple threat match up between Eddie vs Randy vs Batista but died before.If you remember correctly during his tribute you hear Stephanie talk about how Eddie was so happy he was about to win the title.Dont know about the heel thing though

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
Those scenes with Eddie and Batista were pure comedy gold, those 2 had great chemistry together.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
i read that he was supposed to win the WHC at a Smackdown in a triple threat match up between Eddie vs Randy vs Batista but died before.If you remember correctly during his tribute you hear Stephanie talk about how Eddie was so happy he was about to win the title.Dont know about the heel thing though
Another writer actually says that he wasn't meant to win the title and he was instead going to face HBK at WM 22. Makes sense as they were both team captains at Survivor Series.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Management may have wanted him to win the belt, but Guerrero was against it according to Batista. He couldn't handle the pressure of being world champion as Guerrero admitted in his book.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A big part of Smackdown died with Eddie. He was the heart and soul of that brand.
Agreed, I truly miss Eddie Guerrero, I like how he defended SmackDown against Booker T who was drafted at the time from Raw to SD. Eddie really did feel like the glue of the brand essentially.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Agreed, I truly miss Eddie Guerrero, I like how he defended SmackDown against Booker T who was drafted at the time from Raw to SD. Eddie really did feel like the glue of the brand essentially.
Agreed. When you think SmackDown!, you think Eddie Guerrero. :sad:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Awesome feud, was very entertaining . I suspect Guerrero would of ended up tuning on Batista storyline wise but sadly we never got to see that play out

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It was a good storyline. I do believe the storyline was clearly leading to Eddie turning heel, or rather revealing he still was a heel, however Batista got injured and the entire feud was put on the back-burner and both guys were inserted in the SmackDown vs. Raw feud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts