Wrestling Forum banner

Eddie Edwards' Best Matches

1916 Views 19 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  SHIRLEY
Probably a good time to make this thread.

What are your favourite Eddie Edwards matches, to date (all promotions)?

Feel free to post links and youtube vids and shit.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Eddie Edwards vs Christopher Daniels (Anniversary) and Eddie Edwards vs Davey Richards (TV title).

· Registered
754 Posts
vs. Tyler Black at Champions Challenge was really good

They haven't been released yet but I've heard his matches with Kenny King at World's Greatest and Michael Elgin at Defy or Deny were both great as well

· Le Champion
18,892 Posts
His entire series with Christopher Daniels has been phenomenal. The 2/3 falls match is Eddie's best to date though.

Supercard of Honor V - ***1/2
TV Title Match on HDNet 1/31 - ***3/4
2/3 Falls TV Title Match at the 9th Anniversary Show - ****1/2

· Banned
9,640 Posts
I haven't been following REAL "pro" wrestling closely in the last few years but Eddie Edwards had to have had some awesome matches before just recently as some of you are posting but I would agree that nobody is better than him right now or at the top of their game like he is.

I'm pretty sure the match the other night ago will probably stand in his mind as his favorite match of his career and the best match so I will also go with that one.

· I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY
5,487 Posts
Yeah, of what I've seen so far his 9th Anniversary clash with Daniels was his best, but I've really enjoyed their entire series. In terms of tag team matches, Team Team Classic versus Black/Dragon springs to mind.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Another good, non-ROH tag match is KENTA and Ishimori vs. Danielson and Edwards (NOAH 2008).

· Masonic!
1,577 Posts
1. & Davey Richards vs Tyler Black & Bryan Danielson (Tag Title Classic) - ****3/4

2. vs Christopher Daniels (9th Anniversay Show) - ****1/2

3. vs Davey Richards (HDNet) - ****1/2

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Eddie Edwards vs Roderick Strong (C) ROH World Heavyweight Title - Manhattan Mayhem IV

ROH 9th Anniversary Show- Christopher Daniels (C) vs Eddie Edwards

NOAH The First Navigation '11 - Day 11- Kotaro Suzuki (C) vs Eddie Edwards

· Banned
9,415 Posts
I haven't seen the Tag Title Classic match against Black/Danielson so I'm gonna say his HDNet match against Daniels, the 2/3 Falls Match and the TV Title Tournament final against Davey Richards. They've already been said, but that doesn't change my mind.

I can't wait to see the Manhattan Mayhem match with Roderick.

· Premium Member
43,038 Posts
Yeah as well as the obvious Daniels series and Davey HDNet match that have been mentioned to death along with the match this year vs Suzuki from NOAH he had a really good GHC Jr. Title match with KENTA from 2008 in NOAH. Loads of tag stuff obviously. Anything Wolves is great and at least good and he's had loads of good little tags in NOAH, especially tagging with Marvin. Someone mentioned the NOAH tag with Danielson vs KENTA & Ishimori from the UK show which is great too. There's links for all this in my Megapost or the first few pages of Indy Media too obviously. He's been more of a tag wrestler so far so there isn't really an abdundacne of great singles matches. HDNet match vs King is really good too but not great like. His match with Danielson from A Cut Above in 2009 is probably worth a watch just to see how far he's come on.

As long as they book his title reign well and play to his strengths, which is that he's an amazing underdog babyface, in his matches and not focus on his weaknesses he should have a great little title run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.