Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody realised that since ECW has been mentioned on wwe TV that suddenly there are ECW "fans" everywhere on these forums?

These people are pissing me off with their mis-informed opinions, and their "love" for ECW even though im guessing the vast majority of them never even watched the damn show. DAMN POSERS!

Example: Someone was talking about how Benoit was always doing hardcore stuff in ECW, not actually realising that Benoit was really just wrestling like he does now in wwe for the majority of the time he was in ECW. ARGHHHH!!!!
All these idiots are just making me so damn angry, trying to talk about crap they dont have a clue about.

Its annoying the s*it out of me!

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Yeah, I know that everyone's doing that. Myself? I got into ECW about a year before it went down. So I know a bit about it and have a couple of DVD's etc. I am an ECW fan, the funny thing is, these are the people who went off at people jumping on the Batista bandwaggon!

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
I can honestly say that I got into ECW around 2-3 years before it went down, and I own quite a few Videos and DVD's of ECW, so i'm an ECW fan. So yeah it does seem as if people have been jumping on the bandwagon of ECW recently... even though they have no knowledge of the company.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
As BDV will bear testament to, I have been marking out for ECW since long ago.

·
Something Good Can Work
4,030 Posts
Yeh I have to agree. I unfortunately never saw ECW, if I recall it was during the night in the UK.

The ECW banner was made just out of boredom.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
You can't really call them posers, they're still fans. It's juat a phase, right now everyone loves ECW. I would make more references but I havn't watched any wrestling in over a year. So just think of when one person was popular, everyone loved them. Just jumping on the bandwagon.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Hombre said:
You can't really call them posers, they're still fans. It's juat a phase, right now everyone loves ECW. I would make more references but I havn't watched any wrestling in over a year. So just think of when one person was popular, everyone loved them. Just jumping on the bandwagon.
The difference is that I look back on ECW with rose-tinted glasses and remember just how great I thought it was. These "new" ECW fans will only have what WWE presents them with as a reference point for what ECW was and what it was about.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I liked ECW but in the UK it was tricky sometimes to hear about it, sometimes Internet was my only source I got into it in 1998. ECW will always be a part of wrestling so people should embrace it like they are now. WWE hopeflly will give a true testament to the great ECW this sunday.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I was one of the guys that saw ecw back when it was on WCIU at 3 in the morning on saturdays, and then when they moved it to 10 at night and on TNN. i was an ecw fan then, and I'll be one forever.

N

·
0 Posts
So? Who gives a shit? The WWE has played them. Get over it.

I guarantee you won't see me on any "bandwagons," and definitely not this one.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I watched like 2 shows back when it was on and never saw anything in it. You won't catch me praising ECW.

If they ever bring back WCW though, you can bet I'll be leading that bandwagon.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
I used to watch ECW every friday on TNN and followed on there website before that. I loved that era whenever someone new would show up on WWE from ECW I would know who they were and my friends didn't. ECW was great I think if you are going to jump on the bandwagon at least know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I started watching it right before it went on TNN since My dad was a fan and bought a bunch of tapes and started watching them. I then started watching the ppvs and the show until it ended. My memory is still very vague on everything though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Serwa 666 said:
I was one of the guys that saw ecw back when it was on WCIU at 3 in the morning on saturdays, and then when they moved it to 10 at night and on TNN. i was an ecw fan then, and I'll be one forever.
Yup I remember when it was on in the early morning, it was 1 o' clock here thought I think. I didn't watch too much of it then because at that time it was hard to remember it was on or sometimes I'd just fall asleep before being able to see it. I watched whenever I could though. But yeah I watched ECW when it was on TNN, I think it was Friday's at 7 if I remember correctly. I was a casual ECW fan, not equal to how much of a fan I was to WWF at time but I was a fan none the less. I am looking forward to Sunday because I think it will be a good show and as heyman and Dreamer said on Byte This it is impossible to recapture ECW but they will come as close as you can. As for the ECW "posers", I wouldn't call them posers. There are some people who weren't able to experience ECW and never got to watch it back when it was on so this is their chance to get a little taste of it and they are excited. The way you make it sound is only die hard ECW fans should have anything to say about the show or talk about ECW. That is false.

·
Registered
828 Posts
This happens often as soon as something is mentioned on WWE there are people that pretned to know alot about and be a crazy hardcore fan when really they know nothing. I have never seen a full ECW show but I do have a few Matches and I have the Rise and Fall of ECW on my computer. There is nothing you can do about these people though.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
I don't see why anybody even likes ECW, it's so pathetic. I saw a few shows, and the only way they were able to get fans into it was to take big risks and do almost every match hardcore. Most of the guys couldn't even wrestle a match, they were just stuntmen beating each other with weapons.....ECW sucks.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts