Wrestling Forum banner

EC shouldn't be penultimate PPV before WM

1000 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Juan Cena
I think WWE should change Elimination Chamber so it's in September or October or even November/December, but not the one before Wrestlemania. I think it hinders the surprise of the thing, if these 2 Elimination Chambers were happening in the end of 2010 they would be highly unpredictable events, whereas now since Wrestlemania is next month it's very unlikely we will see anyone other than Edge or Rey Mysterio win the SD! Chamber. The Raw chamber is slightly less predictable, but it would be a lot more unpredictable and exciting if it wasn't the PPV before Wrestlemania imo.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,281 Posts
While I can see your point, I disagree. The Elimination Chamber event has the capability to setup people for huge pushes going into Wrestlemania and get people talking about the surprise. Fresh talent in sports get people talking typically tend to re-energize the fanbase and get people to talk about the sport. Just look what Blake Griffin did for the N.B.A. this year. He's become a trademark for the N.B.A. in his rookie season and electrified the crowd last night. Look at what happened when Ovechkin and Crosby came into the league. All of that boosted the popularity of the sport into a whole new level.

The problem with the Elimination Chamber this year is the booking. They have a crappy in-ring talent going up against an announcer, a guy in his first year that has already been established as the number one contender and a cemented heal as the main event for Wrestlemania and novelty act tag team champions going into an event against a faction that has be stripped of all credibility. The whole thing looks like a joke.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
I think there should only be one Elimination Chamber match at the event. I've never liked the idea of having two. People complain about having more than one Hell in a Cell match, but 2 Elimination Chambers is ok.

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,598 Posts
I think there should only be one Elimination Chamber match at the event. I've never liked the idea of having two. People complain about having more than one Hell in a Cell match, but 2 Elimination Chambers is ok.
This. I feel like the other Chamber match should have 6 guys going for the other WM Championship match.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
They should just have a single ppv where we see 1 HIAC match(which is for one title) and one EC match(for the other main title).

That'd be a huge ppv right there.

That should be the PPV we see in october instead. Then february ppv is just a ppv designed to set up WM, so we dont need any gimmick things

· Registered
3,795 Posts
They should just have a single ppv where we see 1 HIAC match(which is for one title) and one EC match(for the other main title).

That should be the PPV we see in october instead. Then february ppv is just a ppv designed to set up WM, so we dont need any gimmick things
Just re-name Elimination Chamber back to "No way Out".

· Registered
421 Posts
I agree, it should go back to No Way Out... and keep the Road to Wrestlemania free from gimmick PPVs, move Elimination Chamber to after Mania, instead of Over the Limit or something.

· Banned
19,071 Posts
People complain about having more than one Hell in a Cell match, but 2 Elimination Chambers is ok.
The differences are Hell In The Cell used to be about Holy shit! bumps, weapons, and blood. We don't have that anymore thanks to the PG crap. With Elimination Chambers, we never got that to begin with aside from a few glass doors breaking. With that said, EC matches have been better than recent HIACs.

- Vic

· Banned
9,640 Posts
I'm hyped up for tonight. With the lack of great feuds like in the Attitude Era with Triple H/Stone Cold match in 2001 and so on I think the Elimination Chamber works well. Like the poster above me said Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber are not the same thing. The difference is the Chamber is the weapon or something while the Cell would be climbed up and there would be blood and it would be a personal blow off between just two guys. The Chamber has the element of surprise sometimes but in this case many people seem to think they know already who will win both matches.

If WWE had some better feuds and offered us moments like when Eddie Guerrero won his first WWE Championship then I wouldn't be opposed to the Chamber being moved to another month but even that ppv for the most part up until Brock/Eddie sucked. No Way Out was only really good a few times in it's whole run and the Elimination Chamber saved a filler ppv on the road to Wrestlemania.

· Registered
8,512 Posts

Where would they hang both of them?

· Registered
106 Posts
I would agree but for a different reason, does it not seem a bit of a risk putting 12 main event/upper mid carders in the hiac matches weeks before the biggest ppv of the year. i think the potential for a botch to cause an injury must be larger than in say a survivor series match or even a rumble. it wasnt too long ago cena got hurt in a cage match at a house show. im not sayin they should coast to mania in softer matches, but say orton and cena have a spot on top of one of the chambers, they fall and in the process get injuries that keep them out for over a month thats two main eventers down for mania. i like hiac but would move it to later in the year cause from a business point of view it could cause some issues with buy rates for mania.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.