Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE's creative team has discussed having Randy Orton win the 2011 Royal Rumble, thus earning a World Championship opportunity at WrestleMania XXVII. This would mean that he would drop the WWE Championship prior to the event. He was originally scheduled to lose the belt to Wade Barrett at Bragging Rights, but the idea was nixed just days before the show. Of course, plans are always changing in WWE so absolutely nothing is confirmed as of this writing.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If this is true then so be it. If not a certain MITB will have something to say about it.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
If it does actually happen I can't say I'd be surprised, would have been nice to see a mid-carder get a main event push though.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
If it does happen...I predicted Orton winning the rumble months back, so it's nothing really shocking. I don't exactly want it, and it only just happened two years ago, but hey...

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Predictable as always

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You're reacting like it will happen for god sakes.
That's because I can see it happening already in my mind. Orton will likely be in the main event at WM27, especially since he was on the undercard at 26. Unless he retains the title until then, the RR would be the most obvious way to get him in.

I hope not though. I think that in keeping with the spirit of the youth movement, WWE really needs to have something fresh happen at this year's Rumble. I think it would be cool to have a dual-winners scenario. That hasn't happened since Lugar/Hart in 1994. Punk and Kingston would be cool. Have them fued over the title shot leading up to WrestleMania.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This translated from something like:

We dont really know whats going on but Orton is a big name and its not out of the question that he would win the rumble so he might win it but on the other hand he might not. We can really confirm anything cos we are not important enough to be told anything important, so we will also say that plans could change at anytime which is clearly 100% true and nothing to do with the fact that we are completely irrelevant. PS please click on our link. Thanks.

Reactions: Samee

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
As they dont have any sources on the writing team, right? :rolleyes:

Nor does current booking point to this creative direction, right? :rolleyes:
No, actually, current booking doesn't point to this direction.

If you'll note, WWE creative is often directionless. Even the report says 'plans are always changing' which is either a throwaway line to cover their butts or WWE creative can't make up their minds.

But nowhere do I see Orton winning the Rumble. Tell me where you see that in current booking? I dare you.

Dirtsheets have been wrong before and they are often nothing more than a 'best guess'.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I'm not totally against Orton winning the Royal Rumble, but I wish someone younger would win it. Punk still hasn't won it, so he'd be a good choice. Actually, I've been wanting to see him win a Royal Rumble since he made his WWE debut.

Maybe if Jericho is returning around then, have him as a surprise entrant, and have him win it. He's someone else I'd like to see win a Royal Rumble. Kofi winning is a long shot, but it could happen. Really, even the dirtsheets can't predict who will win, and I'm sure the writers still haven't decided who will win.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts