Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you wanted to watch a lot of wrestling and you were at the first day of the Wrestling Revolution project tapings at the Henson Studios in Los Angeles, you were in luck. The taping yesterday taped 20 matches over the course of Tuesday. Yes, twenty.

The studio was designed to look like a modern day version of "Wrestling At the Chase" with a chandelier hanging and the fans in attendance grouped at tables while watching the action. One person described the look of the set as visiting a classy speakeasy that doubled as a fight club.

As noted yesterday, Prince Devitt is not working the tapings. While we have heard that his visa to work the tapings did not come through, one source claimed that New Japan pulled him.

Former WWE star Shawn "Gavin" Spears was also pulled from the tapings due to a visa issue. Spears is Canadian.

Replacing Devitt and Spears on the roster were former ROH Tag team champion Chris Hero and Brian Cage. Hero is a surprising name since he's been in discussions with WWE for a developmental deal.

Everyone appearing at the tapings are portraying new personas.

Jeff Katz noted on Twitter that when the company debuts their "season" next year, it will not be known as Wrestling Revolution, but he didn't want to give away the name.

The backstage production aspect was run by Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer. I was told that the tapings ran smooth, although everyone was tired after a long taping day.
Source: PWInsider

Unfortunately, no Devitt, but Chris Hero makes things a little more interesting.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good lord. 20 friggin' matches? No Devitt? Audience sitting around tables? Hero not going to the 'E?

Wish I hadn't read any of this.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Hope Claudio gets called up soon then if Hero aint gonna be with him as KOW in WWE. Big miss IMO.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Eh, with the really stupid Air Boom being the only team in WWE, I'd rather Claudio just go at it alone rather than watch Hero be dragged down to mediocrity.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
LOL at Hero going to developmental. He should be running WWE developmental.

Good lord. 20 friggin' matches? No Devitt? Audience sitting around tables? Hero not going to the 'E?

Wish I hadn't read any of this.
How the fuck else do you think they can afford to fly in all of this talent? They're taping months of TV in a few back-to-back days.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Yeah it really is the only way they can do it. That's a lot to sit through as a fan though. I've done three shows in three days a couple times and I was feeling fatigued a few times. At Wrestlemania weekend it was pretty tough to make it through the second ROH show I went to. I don't think 20 matches straight would be all that enjoyable unless the quality was top notch.

And I'm beginning to doubt that Hero is going to WWE. I don't know anything about this company but when they "tapings" it makes me think they are going to be on TV and Chris Hero just wrestled for them. Whenever they do start to air we could very well see Hero on TV for them for a few months. And I don't think WWE will want to have one of their guys appearing and wrestling at someone else's TV show.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Chris Hero has the look of a superstar, Cabana doesn't. There is no reason to think that WWE would turn a guy that's 6'5, in good shape, can talk on the mic, and is just a great wrestler into a jobber.

Cabana's character in wrestling is something that's more comedic. I think it's stupid that they don't have him signed but even if he was under contract he's not someone I would call a future WWE champion, which I could say about Hero.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The story with Hero is that there is something holding things up with him and WWE in getting the deal done. I have no idea if this group has talents under contract or not. I wouldn't see this as a sign that he's for sure not going to WWE. The only real signs of the Hero/WWE deal being dead would be if he resurfaces in ROH, joins TNA or maybe if he touring with NOAH again. As long as these things don't happen then I would guess that Hero to WWE is still in the process of happening. In the mean time he could be taking indy bookings to buy some time until the WWE deal is complete. I know he has another booking in Wisconsin this week as well. Who knows maybe I'll be wrong in the end.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Chris Hero showing up in WRP is completely awesome. I'm hopeful that means no WWE for him, hence no being turned into a fifth rate jobber (see: Colt Cabana a.k.a. Scotty Goldman).

This post has no sense. Cabana hasn't anything to do in WWE except being Marella's vallet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts