Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is currently planning to have John Cena face CM Punk for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam on August 19. The plan is to build the show around Punk/Cena and Brock Lesnar/Triple H.

WWE decided to go with Cena and Punk for the second year in a row because they do not want their biggest draw to be in the fourth most important match, meaning Lesnar/HHH, two world title matches and then the Cena match.

Since Summerslam is one of the biggest PPVs of the year in the major television market of Los Angeles, California, WWE wants Cena in a title match and on top of the card.

source: wrestling observer

this year Cena will win. one year Punk and one year Cena.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
PUNK better win if true.

·
Administrator
59,122 Posts
WWE decided to go with Cena and Punk for the second year in a row because they do not want their biggest draw to be in the fourth most important match, meaning Lesnar/HHH, two world title matches and then the Cena match.
Fourth most important match? Cena's been in the main-event the whole year. The last time a World title match ended a PPV was December. Cena would of been in the 2nd most important match by default, then the World title matches would of been 3 and 4.

Anyway, it would be hilarious of Punk did all this just to drop the title back to Cena.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
well punk, youve had a nice run ..too bad instead of a younger wrestler like bryan getting a nice rub from beating punk it will go to superman

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Daniel Bryan will be lucky to even be on a promoted match at Summerslam. He's probably jobbing to a returning Mysterio or getting pinned by AJ in a Bryan/Kane+AJ handicapped match.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Early John Cena/SummerSlam plans revealed in 3 words: John Cena Wins

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cena will win that much is obvious.

At least Punk had a nice run anways, I don't understand why Cena even needs the belt at this stage in his career he will still be top of the card regardless. I say give it to some new star.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Not shocking to be honest; the only benefit is the WWE Championship will be more important. But I will piss myself laughing if this match is made and Lesnar/HHH closes the show :lmao Cena winning would kind of irritate me though. It would be like WWE taking a step backwards.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
God I really don't want Cena to win the belt. But at the very least it will start closing out the PPVs and feel like a MAIN EVENT belt. Still....fuck :(.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Ha! I knew it. If any of you think Cena is gonna lose to Punk yet again you're crazy. Time for Cena to avenge his loses....because Cena definitely needs the rub of beating a 10 month champion. :rolleyes:

Punk will win/retain at SummerSlam. Cena will get his win and title back at Night of Champions.

- Vic

Unless Summerslam ends in a DQ finish, you're dreaming.

·
Premium Member
44,378 Posts
Wasn't Rock supposed to be involved in Summerslam in some way shape or form?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Fuck Cena.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.