Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I am going to get my first ear piercing soon. My best friend has been wanting me to get it for awhile now and my goal is to get it before the year ends. But I need some advice. I know I should go to a really good professional place but I was wondering if there is any precautions I need to take before doing it. I had a Transplant when I was young so I have a crappy immune system so I can catch things easily so I wanna do this piercing as safe as possible to avoid any infections or other problems. So if you guys have any suggestions for me to do I would love to get them.
The one suggestion I don't want is to be told to not get the piercing on my right ear because that is telling people I am gay lol. I don't care about that because I am fine with either ear. I am actually thinking of getting it done on my left ear.

One other question is....how painful is it lol.

I really appreciate anyone who gives me any tips that can help me keep this as healthy as possible.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well the pain depends on how big your pain threshold is, if its not that high then it may hurt, if you have a high pain tolerance then it'll feel like its pinching for a little while, is about it.

And as for keeping your piercing from potentially getting infected, wash it with either professional piercing cleaning solution, or use warm salt water and cotton wool.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the pain depends on how big your pain threshold is, if its not that high then it may hurt, if you have a high pain tolerance then it'll feel like its pinching for a little while, is about it.

And as for keeping your piercing from potentially getting infected, wash it with either professional piercing cleaning solution, or use warm salt water and cotton wool.
A friend mentioned its best if I go to a place that does not use a gun, the piercing guns evidently are not usually cleaned properly so there is a higher chance of getting infected, is that true?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Different reasons for different people, some want to make themselves look unique, some do it for beliefs and some just to look 'cool'.

Personally I have piercings so I can stand out from everyone else.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A friend mentioned its best if I go to a place that does not use a gun, the piercing guns evidently are not usually cleaned properly so there is a higher chance of getting infected, is that true?
That can be true depending on the place you go to, if its an independent piercing studio then do not have a gun used for your piercing, whereas if its a franchise of piercing studios etc. then they are more likely to sterilize the equipment properly and not just wipe it over with a cloth.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I honestly can't stand piercings. Makes me cringe at the thought. But if you want to, I'd do it. I heard it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly can't stand piercings. Makes me cringe at the thought. But if you want to, I'd do it. I heard it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will.
for the more invasive piercings like Prince Alberts and nipple stuff I am the same, I can't stand them or even thinking about getting one lol. I am still not 100% sure i am getting the standard ear pierce, but the blue stud a friend got me would look nice on me.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Ear piercings are piss weak. The only 'pain' is a quick sting when they punch a hole in your ear. The piercer will probably sell you some earring cleaner, which I recommend because sometimes earrings get super gross and smelly.

Most piercings don't hurt from my experience. A lot of people regard getting your septum pierced is the most painful. And really, that was a piece of piss too. The only part that hurts with that is the clampers pulling your skin out.

Goodluck.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
It'll sting for about 10 seconds and then you will feel no pain. Don't worry about infections if you're just getting your lobes pierced, I got it done with a gun and I never had any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I had several piercings over the years, at the moment only two (eyebrow, lip), but I probably won't get any more.

Beside the ones in the eyebrow, which I got from professionals, I always did them myself. Although I don't recommend doing it by yourself it really is not a big deal at all. Just got myself a professional needle and after a small twitch it is done.

About the pain: the earlobe is no problem at all. Really.
The ear cartilage is something completely different. I never had one myself, but I heard that it is one of the most painful places to get a piercing. Simply because you pierce through the cartilage.
The first few days after you got it I recommend to really look out for it. If you get caught in something (for example getting dressed or long hair, doesn't necessarily have to be your own!) it is going to hurt.

About the cleanness: I don't know how it is handled in your area. The safest way is to have your piercer take a NEW needle out of the packaging in front your eyes. There is no reason why he should refuse to let you watch that, so if he does tell him to fuck himself and leave.
If you decide to do it by yourself you don't have this problem, because you can take care of it by yourself.
Whatever you chose, you will have to clean it afterwards. Over here we have a spray for that which really helps. It is called Octenisept, which is basically a spray for any kind of wounds. But I have no clue if this is a regional used spray, or if you can buy that one in our area too.

Every reliable piercer will give you some sort of booklet where it is described how to handle your piercing. The bottom line is that a piercing is nothing but a small wound, so treat it just like that.

Hope I was able to help.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
It's not painful at all and my advice is just go to a reputable place. Most professonal places take the proper precautions and you should be fine.

My advice is to get both ears pierced. Why get only one? That doesn't make sense.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's not painful at all and my advice is just go to a reputable place. Most professonal places take the proper precautions and you should be fine.

My advice is to get both ears pierced. Why get only one? That doesn't make sense.
I only have one stud lol, plus I am a guy. Not saying there is anything wrong with a guy having two ears pierced, but guys can make one ear pierced work. I may get the other one pierced but I wanna take it slow, it may sound silly to be concerned of piercing an ear, but with my health being safe is the best way to go ;)

About the cleanness: I don't know how it is handled in your area. The safest way is to have your piercer take a NEW needle out of the packaging in front your eyes. There is no reason why he should refuse to let you watch that, so if he does tell him to fuck himself and leave.
lmao I will remember that, thanks for your help. My best friend has offered her Mom to do it for me with a needle and ice, evidently she has done it before and these are the kind of people I would trust my life with so am trying to weigh out my options. But if I do go to a different place to do it, i will certainly tell him where to shove that needle if he doesn't take it out of the package in front of me lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts