Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should do a an e-fed.....it would bring in more members.....ive been ion 6 so i no alot about them so i could help run that fourm.......i think it should be added

·
Banned
709 Posts
Nitemare wants a good e-fed owner that can keep it going. I'm a past E-Fed owner.....i wanted to open one here....but hey guess wut....he said no

GotRoids said:
We should do a an e-fed.....it would bring in more members
WTF...! we got over 100 and somtin thousand members

·
Premium Member
14,286 Posts
Members: 112,143

that sounds like a lot of members to me. but i whould love to have a e fed here.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
E-Fed's never last here because whoever runs it doesn't keep up to date, I run 2 to the best of my capability but WE doesn't need one, from past experience the mods change every other week because they couldn't keep up. The one I run are just getting started so we will see how they go. But yeah WE doesn't need one like I said (and others)

·
Registered
18 Posts
What if I told you guys that I could bring in some guys to help get this fed off the ground. Put me and the guy I bring in in charge, we can get it up. I've done plenty of feds. If any of you have been on WZ forums or Wrestle Community, I'm in WZWF and WCCW. I'm a CC member in WZWF and have been in two other feds I've been in. So if we can get a get go on the fed, I'll bring a guy in to help me out.

N

·
0 Posts
So I take it you haven't run a fed?

Um, no.

I want someone who has ran a fed (or feds) successfully. And large, forum-based e-feds. Like WZ or NoDQ. Not some miniature fed or anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nitemare said:
So I take it you haven't run a fed?

Um, no.

I want someone who has ran a fed (or feds) successfully. And large, forum-based e-feds. Like WZ or NoDQ. Not some miniature fed or anything.
Have you checked how many people is on WZ and how many have been in WZWF, plenty. Right now on our current roster in WZWF there are 52 on the roster. Now I don't know what you consider a big time forum based roster, but I have single handedly ran an e-fed, and been on a commitee, and the commitee is better as there is more people and not as much pressure on one person. So, you can say that I haven't ran an e-fed, well thats bullshit. And take a look at WZWF, it's been going on strong for four years, so that is successful. The only time an e-fed is not successful is when you have to shut the operation down. Does that sound like an unsuccessful one, no it doesn't.

N

·
0 Posts
You're obviously a MORON. (I said WZ in my post, idiot. And if you have RAN the WZForums e-fed, you should have posted so. I'm quite sure you don't, however, as your integrity is slim. Then again, it is WZ...)

I'm not like other admins. I'm not going to be pushed around.

Leave, and don't bother replying unless you want to be banned.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm of the opinion that I shouldn't have to post it. But if you insist on it I'll give you the link and you can check it out for yourself if you want to play that way.

http://www.wzforums.com/index.php?

Scroll down and you'll find it saying WrestleZone Wrestling Federation. Let the fed do the talking.

N

·
0 Posts
Let me rephrase the important question (I'm well aware of WrestleZone -- although the forums aren't anywhere as big as they used to be): Do YOU run any of their e-feds?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am on a commitee that runs WZWF called the Creative Control Team. BUT, and this is what I think that you want to know, I have ran an e-fed by myself, me solely. And from my experience in both, all I'm trying to imply is that with the size of the forums and the potential rp'er turnout, the best method is to have a committee run the fed, so that one person doesn't feel overworked. That is what I am trying to imply. If we are to do a fed this way (committee) I have a friend that has done committee style e-feds and I was going to bring him in to help me and the rest of the people get the fed off the ground. That was what I was saying in my original post. If you misinterpreted it, my bad. I'm just clearing it up.

·
Ivan Petrov
1,142 Posts
Actually, I think I know the guy who runs the E-fed over at WZ, DraVen I think is the name he uses over there.

I've been in several e-feds (inclulding the first incarnation of WEF and a couple of later WE e-feds and other sister feds of WEF, as well as several others), helped to run some of them and now run one myself. I laid an offer on the table to transplant my efed here a while back. To those who've never run an e-fed don't say you can run it if you've not got any idea what it takes, it's pretty tough albeit it's easier (as regards getting a roster) when you have a site like WE with many members, but then you have the problem of sorting the wheat from the chaff which has always been the problem with WE's E-Feds, the few good rpers they've had have been over-shadowed by the sheer number of useless rpers. That plus running an e-fed is a bitch of a task and not everyone is up to it or you have to many people doing it (which as been the case here in the past) and the fed folds. I've always felt that some of the more recent WE feds lack any real credibilty (sp) due to the constant changing of staff and owners as well as problems noted above. I have also never understood why the fed's needed to have WE's name linked into them, after 3ish years of if I think it's been exhausted. There is only so many names one can come up with. I would think that a new idea would be for a new WE E-fed (if there was to be one) would be to have it as Wrestling-Edge Presents: <Insert Fed Name Here> the offical e-fed of WE.

I'd guess I'm just more infavour of e-feds having alittle bit of autonomy, I was part of an e-fed over at 4-W Forums for a while, while we still had to work the 4w name into our feds name there was more freedom it seemed than WE has allowed in the past (maybe I got that wrong, maybe the people who've run feds here have just copied the same system laid down by Tardy when he set up WEF if I remember correctly it was him). I'd be all for an e-fed on this fourm, maybe with some changes from what was previously the norm here such as using the forums for every aspect of the fed, really you don't need to have the whole fed on the forums just get yourselfs a website like geocities or freewebs and you can post results on there, forums should just be for RP's and OOC's. Discouraging people to use real characters, it has always bugged me that, it's too limiting or if you do something out of that persons character it just kills it. I think that if WE is to ever have a new e-fed it has to be a departure from what it had previously.

Just my two cents and a bit of a ramble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well Lonesome, Draven did help run WZWA in WZForums. See WZForums was fortunate enough to have two feds for more of a choice. I chose to go to WZWF. But since then WZWA has moved off of WZForums and to another forum, not sure of the name of the forum they went to right off hand, but they go under the name now of WSU. So that's the WZWA situation update.

Nitemare, I hope my last post cleared up any confusion that you had with my original posts. I again was just trying to imply my e-fed experience in both single person ownership and committee rule.

But Lonsome I want to go back to your post for a second. Now for the useless rper's. The best way to weed them out is by having an application thread in the OOC forum. Then the committee votes on the applications and lets them know via PM. But I'm to assume that that is pretty much a given. If not, that is a concept to think about.

N

·
0 Posts
I have a few problems with starting an e-fed.

As stated before, the amount of times people have failed is disgusting. I HATE failure, and I HATE giving people a chance to prove themselves, only to fail a billion miles short of what was expected. The last owner was a complete bitch and he just up and left for NO reason.

The owners before that basically left for another forum. I admit, it was partially my fault, but looking at the fed now, well, it seems like many think its management has sucked for a long time, so no big deal.

But if I make another e-fed (and I really don't want to) and it fails, I'm going to be 'pissed.' What makes you think you'll be online almost every day, enough to run an e-fed on one of the most popular wrestling forums? What makes you think you can manage getting a staff ready who is willing to help out? What makes you think you can amass a successful e-fed on WEForums? What makes you think you have what it takes?

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I'm not just going to up and decide for no reason, and it definitely won't be done via these posts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts