1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Goldberg vs Steve Austin.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Re: during the monday night wars, which was the biggest dream match?

Goldberg vs. Austin. The only real contenders are Hogan vs. Austin and maybe Bischoff vs. Vince.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

Goldberg vs. Austin. The only real contenders are Hogan vs. Austin and maybe Bischoff vs. Vince.
I would have loved to see Hogan revealed as the guy who ran over Stone Cold.I know it isn't possible due to contracts etc.But it could have been cool to see Austin vs NWO back in 2000.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Austin v Hogan
Austin v Goldberg
Sting v Taker
Sting v HBK
Sting v Rock

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

I would have loved to see Hogan revealed as the guy who ran over Stone Cold.I know it isn't possible due to contracts etc.But it could have been cool to see Austin vs NWO back in 2000.
As long as :hogan did it for the :rock I would have been ok with it.

No that actually would have been badass.

·
Banned
605 Posts
I always thought Goldberg vs. Taker would have been rad.

I don't get Austin vs. Goldberg. Two bald goatee'd guys with similar attires? Is that the reason?

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I always thought Goldberg vs. Taker would have been rad.

I don't get Austin vs. Goldberg. Two bald goatee'd guys with similar attires? Is that the reason?
If you ignore them being the biggest faces of rivaling companies during the peak years of pro wrestling then yes. Goldberg was WCW's Austin, Austin was WWF's Goldberg (and I'm not trying to start a debate, that's not a comment on their abilities/drawing power/etc). Just curious, and I'm not trying to sound like one of those guys, but did you watch WWF/WCW in the 90's? Maybe it's one of those matches you had to be there at the time to understand the appeal. If you did watch them, then surely it's obvious why it was THE match everyone wanted to see.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Goldberg was the dream match And would of loved to see Hollywood Hogan (1997) vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (1999)

·
Registered
837 Posts
I pretty sure anybody who witnessed how massive these guys were back in the day, will say this:

Five years earlier than this photo, it would've arguably been the biggest match ever.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Austin vs Goldberg was definitly the dream match up.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
in the summer of 1998 had goldberg vs austin happened it would have been biggest money match in american pro wrestling history. can you imagine how big summerslam 1998 would have been if that match was booked on that show..goldberg winning and austin winning the rematch at starrcade

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Imagine if Stone Cold had a summer of Punk like angle and actually appeared on WCW to challenge Goldberg.Kayfabe was somewhat alive and it would have shook the wrestling world

·
Banned
605 Posts
If you ignore them being the biggest faces of rivaling companies during the peak years of pro wrestling then yes. Goldberg was WCW's Austin, Austin was WWF's Goldberg (and I'm not trying to start a debate, that's not a comment on their abilities/drawing power/etc). Just curious, and I'm not trying to sound like one of those guys, but did you watch WWF/WCW in the 90's? Maybe it's one of those matches you had to be there at the time to understand the appeal. If you did watch them, then surely it's obvious why it was THE match everyone wanted to see.
I only watched WCW... my parents thought WWF was too adult-oriented for my 5-6 year old self.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
The match happened. Rock vs Austin WrestleMania 17

Goldberg, Hogan vs Austin are both contenders but Goldberg is nothing more than a streak once that was gone so was his appeal and NWO Hogan peaked just as Austin was rising.

Personally I think placing Austin in Sting's role is the ultimate dream matchup. Austin going up against NWO would probably the best build ever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts