Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've gone to this hot coffee spot, you may or may not have noticed a decline in the quality of their products over the years. I, at one time, worked for one of their franchises, and from an inside perspective, I can tell you many, MANY, things you probably wouldn't want to know. Especialy if you go there on a regular basis. So I'll refrain from releasing the info I am privy to.

What I will express is that the last 10 or so times I have purchased coffee from this place, not only does it taste like the cats ass...but it is rarely made the way I ask it to be.

Granted, my order is a complicated one (extra, extra milk. 7 sugars) one would think that these people should be able to atleast come remotely close to what I expect to receive.

Instead I've had to deal with these situations:

I go to the drive through (bad choice no matter how convienient it seems to be) and wait what seems to be 2 or more minutes. Then a voice comes over the speaker. "I'll be right with you." Hmm, probably would've been awfully polite of you to tell me that when I rolled over the trigger in the ground that let you know I was there. A moment later, another voice chimes in. "Sorry for the wait..." Gee, TWO people are working...wonder why the long wait? I mean I appreciate the fact I don't have to get out of my car, but c'mon now.

I place my order, they say thank you, and I say you're welcome and proceed to drive up to the pick-up window. At this time, I notice yet ANOTHER person with a headset on fidgeting with coffee filters. The window opens, and I am usualy met with a response of "How did you want that?" or "French Vanilla, cream, 2 equals?" I hold back my anger, as these people are fully trained on their first day, and should be prepared to make a drinkable cup of coffee. I respond with "No, it's supposed to be REGULAR coffee, 3 times the usual amount of milk, 7 sugars." "5 sweet and low?" (a tad bit more displeased) "Se-ven su-gars!" "OK, one moment." At this point, the derelect diddlin with the filters waddles his ass over to happily accept my money. Only wish he would've shown such enthusiasm when I was waiting for three and a half minutes. I guess it's not masculine to pour coffee.

My order comes to $1.68. I hand him $2.00. He rings it up, makes change, and instictively throws the remaining change into the tip cup. As he starts to walk away, I manage to regain his attention. "Hey slappy, where's my change?" With an unpleasant look, he reaches into the cup, and hands me my change. (Oh, I appologize. Silly me for believing a tip was something someone earned upon good service. Fucking around with coffee filters while making me wait is NOT GOOD SERVICE!!!)

Now the person who went to make my coffee returns with what many would refer to as "A cup of cream". "Here you go sir." "I'm not taking that. How the hell did you make that?" "Regular coffee, extra cream, no sugar." (At this point, I am boderline psychotic.) How about this, just give me a 20oz Pepsi. (Something I KNOW they can't fuck up) With a disgusted grunt/moan, she tosses what is quite possibly the shittiest cup of joe I've ever laid my eyes upon into the trash and walks to the fridge to grab my new choice of beverage. "That'll be 1.40" "I've already been charged for the coffee you couldn't make, if anything you owe ME money" But instead, I take my drink, and storm off.

These people make (here where I live anyway) about $7.25/h plus tips. I find this mentally upsetting because not only do the majority of them know absolutely nothing about how to do their jobs, but they seem ungrateful at the "meager" wages they bring home. Meanwhile, the poor sap at the grocery store bagging old ladies Depends undergarments only makes $6.15/h, and you never once see him get disgruntled about it.

So in closing I will say, DUNKIN DONUTS FUCKING SUCKS!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I S2G I have never seen a dunkin donuts drivethrough, and I've also come to notice Burger King is declining too.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
We are getting a drive through donut store in Australia soon according to media reports a few months ago.
I will be definately going through. I prefer donuts from the local bakery than from the bigger donut chains.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Dunkin Donuts rules. I'm addicted to the coffee. Though the order is messed up pretty often, its still usually good. Also, one of my better friends works there so I can just kick his ass if anythings wrong.

·
Double D Baby!
3,328 Posts
But you have to think about it in another way .. you ask for something specific and expect to get it right the first time .. i mean standards were so high once before why have they slipped .. i just ask for a refund it annoys them even more and gets the person in trouble because they didnt do their job right .. well that happens here .. its funny

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Guitar Pl4yer
You went mental over a cup of coffee? Dude, it's just coffee.
^^^ That is a man who doesn't appreciate the savory flavor of hot java.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Slam I couldn't agree with you more, I can't stand incompetent employee of fast food franchises. Red Rooster has the most piss poor service and quality of food in Melbourne out of all the fast food outlets here.

Example: Yesterday getting Red Rooster for the first time in over a year, we arrive at a Red Rooster store and there doesn't seem to be anyone around. We walk in and stand at the counter for a while to order the food but no one seams to be there or in the kitchen. 3 minutes later a doped up 16 year old finally comes out and asks us in a monotone voice what we want so we order our very simple meals and pay for them - she stuffs up my change and I end up paying $1 for the $8 meal.

10 minutes later the only employee brings out our "fast food". However, I ordered a Flayva wrap not a damn burger. This stage being pretty piss off at the girl, she offers me a free wrap for the stuff up. I accept and she says "It'll will be about a 5 minute wait on the wrap". We got up and walked out.

The meal isn't hard to make quickly, it isn't hard to count and it isn't hard to crack a smile when taking orders from customers. Did I mention the food was awful?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
^^ What i was gonna say.

Over here. and especially in the London branches of McDonalds and Burger King.. I find I can't understand a word they say they mumble eerything its like this

Me: Can I get a Mc Chicken Premiere Meal please

Them: Sure.. wmphm dmd would mhp like?

Me( guessing): Diet Coke

Them: mpmh mp or mph take ohn

Me: Sorry?

Them: Eat in or Take Away

Basically its a guessing game.. they dont seem to know how to speak loudly and clearly over noise.. morons.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Nitemare
Anyway, if you think they'll get it wrong, why do you even go? If it's okay even if it's messed up, why not just like it? Not like you go there thinking it'll be okay.
I don't expect it to be perfect, but I also don't expect it to be utter shit either. I used to do the job, so I have a good idea of the training (like you really need it...it's coffee for Christ's sake!) involved before you start pouring. Believe it or not, there's acctualy a "test" you have to take before you start. It basicaly goes over what pot color represent what flavor, and the regular amount of ingredients (sugar/cream/etc) goes in each size. (Small gets 2 sugars, 2 shots or cream...) Another comical tid-bit...there acctualy exists a Dunkin Donuts University. It's in Braintree, Massachusetts. Look it up for the shits and giggles. But back to the questions Nitemare asked...

I usualy go to the one I used to work at as they know what I like, but even there it's a gamble. I just find it shocking that people who serve this stuff 4 - 8 hours a day can't make a decent cup, sometimes even after three attempts. And if they're fuckin up my one coffee, I truly feel sorry for the poor souls who order sandwhiches and other various items.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The McDonalds where i live is bad you wait like 20 mins to get your Burger and whatever else you ordered.

Slam, Nice sig.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts