Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All sarcasm aside, I'm being honest when I say that WF overall has the community with the highest functioning level of intelligence as far as wrestling sites I've visited are concerned. I know of plenty that don't quite measure up to those standards.

On that note, what would you say is the dumbest forum you've ever come across?

For me, it has to be IGN. That place is the idiot sanctuary of the internet. Sometimes I lurk for my own amusement.

·
Registered
516 Posts
All sarcasm aside, I'm being honest when I say that WF overall has the community with the highest functioning level of intelligence as far as wrestling sites I've visited are concerned. I know of plenty that don't quite measure up to those standards.

On that note, what would you say is the dumbest forum you've ever come across?

For me, it has to be IGN. That place is the idiot sanctuary of the internet. Sometimes I lurk for my own amusement.
You can't spell "Ignorant" with "IGN". Gamespot and Gamefaq forums are pretty terrible too.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
WWE Universe, and it's really no contest. I wouldn't be surprised if half the posters there were trolls and gimmick posters; hell I would occasionally post randomly as a big Golga fan and do nothing but make really random comparison threads. I don't think I was ever banned either.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WWE Universe, and it's really no contest. I wouldn't be surprised if half the posters there were trolls and gimmick posters; hell I would occasionally post randomly as a big Golga fan and do nothing but make really random comparison threads. I don't think I was ever banned either.
I remember the day WWE Universe launched, it got so flooded with douchebags that they had to shut it down and reboot it. :lmao There were two classics: first, this one guy as "Mike Tenay" would comment on a thread, then another guy as "Don West" would basically repeat the same thing, only in all caps and more long-winded.

Though my favorite was a thread called "I'm looking for my son" started by "Chris Benoit," which was immediately responded by "Daniel Benoit" saying "Here I am."

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Definitely IGN. I'm a member now,but i was a lurker,and just reading some of the idiotic comments on that site would just make me shake my head. It's either full of idiots one day & fanboys of Sony & Microsoft invading each other's threads,or both the next. The Kinect/Move debate on that site is pretty humorous though

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
youtube if it counts. Can;t acess my account atm (forgot my fuckin password :lmao) but some of the comments I've seen are ridiculous. wrestling, music, idiots in theur backyard, TV shows, movies, whatever, there's always a moron or two (or 54) commenting on the video.

Obv. more idiots with wrestling videos though.

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
youtube if it counts. Can;t acess my account atm (forgot my fuckin password :lmao) but some of the comments I've seen are ridiculous. wrestling, music, idiots in theur backyard, TV shows, movies, whatever, there's always a moron or two (or 54) commenting on the video.

Obv. more idiots with wrestling videos though.
Yeah1993 is your password i believe

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
Despite me being an IGN member, I never post there, I don't think I ever have, in fact. Maybe once or twice but never more. I signed up just to get access to their collection of transparent avatars and save them to my picture folders. I only go there for gaming updates and whatnot, so I can't speak to the intelligence of the users but I can definately believe it's the dumbest. I'll bet 90% of them are just Halo/COD addicts who troll each other on XBox Live.

The dumbest place I know of is WWE Universe. Holy shitballs. It's hard to believe what's said over there.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I'd have to say Gamefaqs

Every good game "is not THAT good"

Every bad game "is not THAT bad"

Seriously everything is a 5 under them, the Japanese version is ALWAYS better and every remake is an "ABOMINATION". If a sequel is different its "too gimmicky" if its the same its "a rehash". Every modern game has "major" flaws that prevent it from "becoming a classic" but if you don't blowjob games like Earthbound{which had some MAJOR flaws} than you are a troll or a causal gamer. When I frequented them my love of games fell apart and I was judging games with no emotion and no surprises about what they "should have been" instead of "what they were"

Every sense I left and just started to play whatever look cool I have been having more fun with games than ever before

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
WWE's and ROH's respective forums are both really fucking bad. I can't imagine a TNA official fan forum, just thinking about it makes me want to blow my brains out. I go on IGN quite a bit but i've never ventured into the forum section so I had no idea.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Have any of you ever visited Yahoo! Answers? Lots of fucking morons in there, especially in the wrestling, political and religion & spirituality sections.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Have any of you ever visited Yahoo! Answers? Lots of fucking morons in there, especially in the wrestling, political and religion & spirituality sections.
This.

I used to post there, there was so many dumb-asses on there.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I swear the Y!A wrestling section has the most Troll's/Gimmick posters I've ever seen in my entire life, not only are there a lot of them but none of them are funny and try way too hard. I saw a Dora The Explorer gimmick poster there, and they yelled at people for cursing because kids could be reading it.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
I remember the day WWE Universe launched, it got so flooded with douchebags that they had to shut it down and reboot it. :lmao There were two classics: first, this one guy as "Mike Tenay" would comment on a thread, then another guy as "Don West" would basically repeat the same thing, only in all caps and more long-winded.

Though my favorite was a thread called "I'm looking for my son" started by "Chris Benoit," which was immediately responded by "Daniel Benoit" saying "Here I am."
I think that was me (the Benoit one).

·
Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
2,283 Posts
I agree that both YouTube comments and Yahoo Answers can be and are often mind-numbingly boring, but lets be honest, /b/ is far and away the stupidest forum on the net. Trolling and memes can be nice, but they seem to have the most idiotic trolls and the stupidest memes.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Smackdown Vs. Raw video game official site forum , is terrible. They even make you look stupid against your own will by turning all thread topics into caps.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
The caws.ws website is pretty bad too.

Tbh this is the only logical wrestling forum I've ever been on, well this and this other forum called Wrestlesomnia but that's no more so that title goes to WF.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
As someone who successfully infiltrated the WWE Universe, I can confidently say that the TNA section here, overall, is honestly dumber than WWE Universe.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts