Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure if certain wrestlers are actually over or if they're just being dubbed. Like R-Truth got massive pops on Smackdown (or so I thought), then moved to RAW where they were pretty quite besides his 'what's up' crap.

· Registered
4,939 Posts
Its usually easy to tell. Its the same roar evey time. The only time I get confused is during some divas matches. Usually their pops and heat are piped in, since nobody cares about them too much. But every once in a while, a diva will do something interesting (K2's Spear) and the crowd will suddenly start to care, and the real and fake pops blend together and it confuses the hell out of me.

With the men, its easier.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
I don't like it, and some of the mid card guys would get piped in pops and canned heat. R Truth is a culprit.
Drew McIntyre was guilty of canned heat a few times, or at least it seemed that way to me.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Since I usually watch on my laptop it's harder because of the poor quality of the built in speakers. It's easy to spot on a wide angle though because the cheer is in direct contrast to the almost motionless crowd. When they're jumping around like nutters the sound is probably legit.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I usually watch on my laptop it's harder because of the poor quality of the built in speakers. It's easy to spot on a wide angle though because the cheer is in direct contrast to the almost motionless crowd. When they're jumping around like nutters the sound is probably legit.
yeah im not too sure whether its because of the way its recorded or what but it seems like smackdown seems alot quieter then Raw or PPV's and ive noticed they use the dubbed pops during promos, when advertising the main events and during entrances especially when a face is shown on the screen and it gets annoying because it seems like guys that arent over like Edge or Mysterio are getting cheap recorded pops

i mean the only time i could hear a genuine reaction on smackdown was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ruK2SrCVk

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yo Rahi, that signature pic is awesome man, did you make it? any chance you could do me one?
hey man, nah i didnt do it it was good old DB down in the graphics section and i think you have to be a premium or lifetime member to request a banner im not too sure tho and you have to have a spunkload of rep as well but then again i could be wrong

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
To find out what a Smackdown dubbed pop sounds like. All you need to do is go back and look at Eve entering the arena a couple of weeks back, you can tell that was CLEARLY dubbed because...there is literally 0% chance she would ever elicit that reaction...or any reaction for that matter.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
I don't mind the dubbed pops, but I rarely watch Smackdown. Perhaps it would get on my nerves if I were to watch it week in and week out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.