1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Marine Til Death
184 Posts
I remember hearing something about this last year, I'm kind of shocked it has taken this long to make it a reality.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Big Borther is watching

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And he can fly.

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact that there's a provision for local law enforcement to use this sort of equipment is just hilarious.

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, well I discussed this at length with some of the guys at work & we were speculating on how quickly drug busts would rise. Of course there's always one doubter, "Drones can't see through walls, just like normal cops."

That's the beauty of an any unmanned / automated creation over the human element. When it comes to drug raids, the general populace is on the lookout for cops in vehicles, uniformed, undercover, etc. Every form of conventional surveillance has a wedge that enterprising criminals can work around & I'm sure they'll find the same flaws in this new method, however, it's far more difficult to avoid a mechanical device designed with low visibility & nearly silent engines that can remain stationed at a given site for far longer & less conspiculously than any human being ever could. In addition, all the information is recorded & relayed seamlessly.

There's a reason Border Patrol agents have already adapted these to monitor major drug trafficking over more conventional methods & with a much higher success rate. The same of course with the military applications with bombings within Pakistan & other remote areas that conventional methods either fail, are critically flawed, or cost exponentially more to execute.

All the government needs are enough results that mirror this philosophy & drones will be even more widespread in a far greater number of agencies across this country & others, of course all feeding their respective information into a government database that's then able to compile more accurate & invasive profiles for nearly any American citizen. The best part? It's at 1/2 the price, with little to no human error, & it's all accepted from the general populace who consider any possibility that their government was capable of such a feat as ludicrous.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Dark Angel wants it's idea back

Reactions: seancarleton77
1 - 9 of 9 Posts