Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Drew McIntyre debuted, he had generic theme music and no character so I didn't give a crap about the guy, but once he got the Intercontinental Championship and was revamped with the Broken Dreams entrance, he got my attention as it was awe inspiring.

Following his various in-ring promos in 2010 that showed he was a heat magnet, an excellent feud with Kofi Kingston, and his odd pairing with Cody Rhodes; he finally won me over. I'm glad they held off his world title win that was rumored this year because like Sheamus, he would've been given flack for winning the belt too early, but now I believe Drew McIntyre is ready to be world champion.

WWE is hurting for new stars right now and I think he would fit into the main event scene as he has a credible presence to him although I wish he would bring back the trenchcoat as it gave him a unique and intimidating look. I'm confident Drew will be one of the next Money In The Bank winners next year and cash in to finally join the ranks of holders of the World Heavyweight Championship. 2011 will be the year of The Chosen One. That's my bold prediction.

- Vic

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cool Story Bro :rolleyes:

But seriously, Drew's Broken Dreams theme is AMAZING. I was mesmerized the first time I saw and it and it really made me take him seriously. However before he reaches MC I want him to

1. Fix his effeminate pony-tail
2. Stop jobbing to Kofi & Co.
3. Cut some decent promos
4. Get a real gimmick. The 'sinister' Scotsman just doesn't cut it for me.

Long way to go, eh?

EDIT: BTW I HIT MY 50th POST ON THIS FORUM, HOOORAY!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm a huge McIntyre fan and I definitely hope he becomes world champ next year, and hopefully doesn't follow the cycle of bad first time title reigns.And yes PLEASE stop with the jobbing

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Drew as world champion? I'd be furious if he even won the Intercontinental title again.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't think he ready at all and there is no rush, he should booked into a strong feud with someone like Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Edge or a face who is a strong mid carder so that he can be elevated. The guy needs a good bulit before he wins his World title guys Stone Cold, The Rock, Bret Hart and Jeff Hardy are good example.

I won't have a problem if he wins the MITB next year as long he booked strong before and after he wins it. As long as he receives a decent bulit up then that won't be problem at all. That something that WWE did not do to the Miz.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I still don't see what people on this site see in him.

He's boring. He's like a younger version of Orton. He's slow in the ring, limited, did I mention boring? He just acts all aggressive and did I mention slow and boring?

I think WWE has given up on Drew for the while. The Chosen One hasn't done much lately.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Worse people have already been champion, so why the hell not?
Just because worse people have won the title doesn't mean that you should endorse a blatantly bad champion, which Drew Mcintyre is.

He's got a chance at the MITB PPV. ADR is going to win the one at WM, he doesn't have a prayer of winning that one. I hope he doesn't win, he's nowhere near world title level. Total drone, but there's worse people they could give it to. Not many worse, but there are.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I agree with CMPimp that McIntyre really needs some kind of feud with a main event level guy before he takes the World Heavyweight Championship. I see Smackdown's world championship picture from here going something like, Kane to Edge, Edge to Alberto Del Rio, Alberto Del Rio to Kofi Kingston, Kofi Kingston to Drew McIntyre. The big question mark is Kofi, either they elevate him soon or I don't know what they're looking to do. Smackdown's in dire need of some elevated guys and in a hurry, though.

McIntyre's 25, he still has lots of time, though. His triple-pronged feud with Matt Hardy, Teddy Long and Kofi Kingston back in the spring was where he started gaining some significant momentum, but they've let most of that burn out now. He does get a considerably more heat now and I think that angle is chiefly responsible.

Having Vince McMahon reenter the picture on his behalf is probably an inevitability as well. Once he awakens from his coma, that is.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I'd love to see Drew as WHC but he isn't ready yet. He needs to be in legitimate feuds instead of just having a series of matches with somebody for 3 weeks before moving on. A feud with a big face like Big Show, Edge, or Mysterio would do wonders for his credibility, especially if he were to go over. I don't know about 2011 but I'd be willing to bet he'll be a champion in 2012.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Well I might be mistaken, but I think he's done fuck all in months, so please show me the evidence that he will definitely be world champion next year. On top of that there are much better more talented people who could be elevated to the main event on SD, Dolph Ziggler would be much better suited to the role as a main event heel imo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If booked properly, I think McIntyre would make a great champ. I really feel excited for what the future of WWE holds with all the young stars it has at the moment.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
Drew McIntyre has all the tools at hand but I don't believe he's gotten his foot in the door quite yet. I'm a fan of him but he hasn't done anything really to catch my attention other than having a cool theme song. Not so much the fault of creative or Drew McIntyre himself but I think it's more of a matter of timing. SD! I feel like is the wrong show to put him on. He address himself as "The Chosen One" handpicked by Vince McMahon himself so why put him on the show where Vince can't address this himself ? Leaves you too believe he might be lying or they have something planned for him on RAW.

So I say he gets drafted to RAW in the 2011 Draft. This is where he dominates everyone. Re-establishes why people should have him on their radar and get McMahon involved. Really push him as something to worry about and people need to be aware at any moment he'll strike you backstage or injure you. He did that w/ Hardy which I thought was great then they downplayed the shit out of it. Again time is key. Throwing out World Championships isn't what's important. Gold can't make a superstar, but when a superstar is created you put prestige into the Gold. I would love for a McIntyre/Sheamus partnering maybe or eventual feud over dominance. Could open a valve for a lot of feuds and direction. Don't write him off quite yet, he's still an untapped source of talent I believe we haven't seen from him yet.

·
8,232 Posts
He'll never be the WHC mark my words.

And if by some slim chance it happens, then it'll be the biggest mistake ever. Worse than Swagger as champ

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nah, he's a guarantee to win the title at some point, unless he fucks up majorly. Unfortunately.

He wouldn't be worse than Swagger, either. Only Morrison is capable of pulling that one off.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts