Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of these matches for Drew McIntyres first title defence?
I also like the sound of Drew McIntyre vs Murphy vs Andrade vs Montez Ford in a fatal fourway for the WWE Championship.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,713 Posts
It should be Seth Rollins even without the Squash logic that happened at Wrestlemania, Murphy isn't built up for anything other than being Seth's willing henchman at the moment he wouldn't budge McIntyre in a hypothetical Title match.

Andrade once beat McIntyre back in NXT at Takeover Wargames for the NXT Title so i suppose he could job out to Drew at best just for the slight history but like Murphy isn't close to being built for a Main Event program.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Murphy is fine for a midcard. Andrade is where he is because he´s banging Charlotte, and he´s the US champion(?). Ford is a midcard tag team act. So no.
And I like both Murphy and Ford, but they´re nowhere near a level where they should be more than a minor nuisance for Drew

·
Registered
23,501 Posts
Murphy is nowhere near ready for a WWE Championship program, whether it be his own ability or spot on the card. Andrade could work but he's a got a ways to go himself before being in a WWE Championship role

Raw has 3 big heels with AJ, Seth, and Randy. Go with one of those.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Murphy would be an interesting feud. Not really interested in seeing him feud with Andrade.

I would like to see these matches at some point:

• vs Lashley
  • vs Sheamus or Cesaro
  • vs Jinder
  • vs Styles
  • vs Orton

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,738 Posts
They'd definitely be good matches but probably terrible feuds, Andrade and Murphy don't have the presence or charisma to carry a feud with Drew.

The best thing WWE can do for Drew is put him in a bunch of physically intense feuds with other meaty men slapping meat. Once a feud requires talking, wit, humor, personality, etc. Drew is going to drown in his own blandness.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
It's probably no surprise that i'd like Andrade to eventually make it into the main event scene but it's a little too early for that. They did work very together in NXT though, so i wouldn't mind.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,147 Posts
Guys like Murphy and Andrade couldn’t draw flies if they were covered in shit and have no business near the main event until they develop some personality and can carry a promo. Until then they are just guys who can do a bunch of moves.

·
IRAN #1
2,369 Posts
No thank you to Murphy.. He's just Rollins little sidekick and has barely won any matches lately. They have some work to do with him if he's going to challenge for the World Title.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Problem is all the top Raw heels lost at PerformanceMania: AJ, Seth and Orton. Even Lashley.

Andrade, Garza, Murphy are just midcard fodder (I know I added Garza).

·
Baby Yoda
29,570 Posts
Isn't there a shake up coming soon? Usually happens after WM.

All of Raw's top heels lost at WM so makes no sense for them to get the first shot. The match will be fodder too as no one expects Drew to lose, so they should feed him someone like Andrade who can take a loss and has some history with Drew.

They'd be better off giving Drew a filler feud, MITB is about the MITB match anyway and Braun/Bray is the bigger title match given all of Raw's top heels have no momentum.

·
WWE plant
3,846 Posts
Drew is one the most charismatic guys on the main roster right now but he needs a lot more momentum before he can carry a midcarder to a credible title program

Not sure who he would even face right now since all uppercard heels lost at Mania. Maybe Sheamus? Could definitely make a story out of the UK vs UK thing

·
Registered
454 Posts
Murphy would be an interesting feud. Not really interested in seeing him feud with Andrade.

I would like to see these matches at some point:

• vs Lashley
  • vs Sheamus or Cesaro
  • vs Jinder
  • vs Styles
  • vs Orton
if you are going to do Lashley Vs McIntyre, you first got to get him away from the albatross that is Lana. Secondly you got to build him back as a legit threat to Drew, third and lastly now that you have him away from Lana give him a better mouth piece to go one on one speaking for him.

·
Registered
634 Posts
A good opponent down the line for McIntyre is Aleister Black. That's a match I'd like to see.

In the meantime, they'll probably feed him guys like Murphy, Andrade, Rowan and so on to make him look more credible as a champion.

·
Registered
338 Posts
if you are going to do Lashley Vs McIntyre, you first got to get him away from the albatross that is Lana. Secondly you got to build him back as a legit threat to Drew, third and lastly now that you have him away from Lana give him a better mouth piece to go one on one speaking for him.
KEEP LASHLEY AWAY FROM DREW!

Lashley already ruined Drew's TNA title reign, no need to repeat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts