Wrestling Forum banner

Drew McIntyre Talks People Complaining In WWE, Advice For NXT Stars Struggling On The Main Roster

2402 35
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/06/drew-mcintyre-talks-people-complaining-in-wwe-655680/
Many current and former WWE talents have recently complained about WWE and their creative process. Drew McIntyre has a different take on the perceived lack of opportunities. He spoke with Sam Roberts on Not Sam Wrestling about that and the journey he had back to WWE.

"You look in the mirror, you know if you are not giving it everything you got," McIntyre stated. "There are a lot of people that are talented and do deserve more opportunities. But there are those not putting in the work and maybe in their head think they deserve this, this and this. I assure you, outside the company when it is 100 percent on you, it becomes your life. You have to give it all you've got 24/7."

When McIntyre returned to WWE, many felt he would be stopping his momentum from the independent scene. For McIntyre, that was never a concern.

"No, it never crossed my mind," said Mcintyre. "I thought about it long and hard before I made my return. I was very lucky how things worked out after I was released. I remember telling my wife, things are going to be fine. I spoke with a couple of other guys that were in the same position. They said you will travel around, be the same guy, make a lot of money, but eventually when people get used to seeing your face, that money will come down and you will see the wage that you can live at."

Several NXT stars have struggled once they made it to the main roster. McIntyre has been an exception, and has some simple advice on how current talent can prevent that from happening.

"Don't lose what brought you to the dance," McIntyre said. "The nature of Raw and SmackDown and NXT are very different. You're going to get more time in NXT, whereas on Raw and SmackDown the matches are kind of commercials for the characters and the future pay-per-views. At NXT, I'm going to have 30 minutes, it is easy to tell a story in 30 minutes. How good are you really? Are you able to tell that story in five minutes? Are you going to be able to keep what brought you from NXT to Raw or SmackDown? You figure out what brought you to the dance and how to tell the story you want to tell and get yourself over."
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
Man, HHH and Vince got their talents doing verbal goosestepping on the heels of AEW's rise this year. Can't blame them.

Again, people keep thinking the writers and Vince himself are absent from criticism when they no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt. As long as the likes of Seff and Drew continue to gaslight the fans, nothing is going to change and nobody is going to save it.

· Banned
5,083 Posts
He contradicts the rest of his corporate vomit with this line:

There are a lot of people that are talented and do deserve more opportunities

Daddy Vince won't like that one, Drew.

Reactions: CM Buck

· Registered
2,359 Posts
That’s an interesting perspective for someone who was handpicked for a top spot the second he stepped foot in WWE. Somehow I think his attitude would change if he found himself spinning his wheels in the midcard for the next 5 years.

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
I think the funniest thing about this is that Vince/HHH/WWE think we really can't see how transparent all this corporate shilling is. As if they expect us to believe Drew and even Seff to a degree really believe this PR vomit from their mouths. It's things like this that will only make more people more endearing to AEW, NJPW, or anywhere else but WWE.

It's almost like it's a cultish behavior. :hmmm

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
Besides, with the way they've treated him other than a forgettable NXT World title reign, he can't expect people to believe he's actually happy with his current treatment. Just say you're happy for the money, at least.

· Registered
1,757 Posts
I don't know, Drew has been handed things without much to offer twice. Seth is amazing, but he pretty much is a Vince/HHH favorite. People like Cesaro, Sasha, Chad Gable, Zack Ryder are always over, never put on a bad match, and work hard but rarely get the spotlight. Sasha has had some success, but she deserves just as much as people like Bliss and Charlotte get. But Drew makes a point that most of those guys can't tell a good story.

· Registered
4,209 Posts
Easy for you to say Drew. Your not a talent being kept in catering. Your on weekly pretty much being a loser taking lose after lose after lose.

"Dont lose what made you come to the dance." Then why did Nikki Cross come up,got featured twice I think before being left off tv for months until a gimmick change.

Vince: that crazy gimmick is trash pal! Lets have her be a sane person and put her with Alexa.

Asuka has a in ring ability,charisma, personality shes bascially a wrestlers wrestlers. A person who other wrestlers praise highly. Where was she when she was SD women champion?

Vince:She cant speak English! How is she gonna carry a big time marquee match?!

Heavy Machinery is now finally being used and fans who only watch Raw or Smackdown are now seeing why they were a fan favorite in NXT.

Shelton Benjamin. His worse matches are 3 star quality out 5 but I dont see him being used. Hell I didnt even know he was in WWE till he was in a meaningless battle royal.

List goes on and on.

Elias is in the same boat as Drew. Heavily featured but eats pin after pin after pin.

· Banned
7,171 Posts
I think him and Jinder saw what life was like outside of the WWE when they were released the first time. AEW is going to need a few years to pick up steam anyway. He worked the indies to GET BACK to the WWE so he probably is comfortable in his spot and being with his friends.

· You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
8,082 Posts
This dumb as fuck, jobber to the `stars' asshole honestly has the balls to give advice to others? The only fucking reason he even has a place in WWE is his size. He can't talk, his wrestling is meh, and he has no fucking personality or charisma.. Yet here he is giving career advice to others acting as if he isn't expendable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.