Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the point of a coronation in front of zero fans?

IMO Drew must lose at WM36 after a low blow by Paul Heyman. That way he is protected. The Drew/Brock storyline will continue until Summerslam when he finally beats Brock in front a live audience.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I feel like every champion should win at Wrestlemania and then they hold Summerslam in a big stadium show and let everyone else have their crowning moment.

·
FOTC
10,480 Posts
It depends on if it's a completely empty arena or not. There's talk that they will have about 200 people in attendance (workers, wrestlers, their families, etc). If it's completely empty then Drew should definitely lose.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Drew would be the biggest loser this mania either way.

He either loses which would kill all his momentum anyways or wins in front of empty crowd.

Losing to Brock would kill his momentum and no one will care if he wins at summersslam .

Worst possible timing for him wisher way

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,079 Posts
Nah, if it was always planned for him to win at Wrestlemania then I say they should follow through with it. Wrestlemania is still Wrestlemania and it still doesn't change the fact that this is the biggest match of Drew's career. A win at Summerslam feels lesser by comparison.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I reckon that due to the World circumstances they'll give Wrestlemania a happy ending with Mcintyre winning. In fact I see quite a few babyfaces going over. Putting smiles on peoples faces dammit!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I reckon that due to the World circumstances they'll give Wrestlemania a happy ending with Mcintyre winning. In fact I see quite a few babyfaces going over. Putting smiles on peoples faces dammit!
Roman’s real life story of triumphing over illness is probably a better happy ending for Wrestlemania than Drew’s real life story of fulfilling his potential after 10 years of mucking around with air guitars etc.

I just can’t imagine what Goldberg vs Roman would be like without a crowd, or any of these matches.

What we do know is this will be a crazy weird Wrestlemania that will make history regardless of how good or bad it is.

·
Southern Pride
2,920 Posts
Disagree. It's a long time until Summer Slam. A lot can change before August. If you have McIntyre lose to Lesnar at WM, even with shenanigans by Heyman, it will put that stamp on McIntyre that he possibly wont ever get pushed to the very top and then his momentum gets cold through the Summer because of it.

McIntyre NEEDS to win at WrestleMania, crowd or not. Everyone will still be watching on the WWE Network or wherever.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,898 Posts
His win at Summerslam will feel flat compared to Wrestlemania having to wait out that long after halting his momentum and legit build up as a real threat to Brock, Better off letting him win the big one sooner even if it's without a crowd.

He's not going to be the next breakout larger than life superstar anyway.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Roman’s real life story of triumphing over illness is probably a better happy ending for Wrestlemania than Drew’s real life story of fulfilling his potential after 10 years of mucking around with air guitars etc.

I just can’t imagine what Goldberg vs Roman would be like without a crowd, or any of these matches.

What we do know is this will be a crazy weird Wrestlemania that will make history regardless of how good or bad it is.
I mean more happy ending for the fans. While Roman winning is a cool moment for him and for his fans, the majority of the fanbase are going to go UGH.

Mcintyre on the other hand is an underdog going into a match with the very best trying to win his first world title. He's over with the crowd and I think it will get a far more positive reaction than Roman winning. The match itself is a little more unpredictable whereas we already know what Goldberg matches are like, he is very very limited in 2020. Plus it's fresh, we've seen the Roman coronation before.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I mean more happy ending for the fans. While Roman winning is a cool moment for him and for his fans, the majority of the fanbase are going to go UGH.

Mcintyre on the other hand is an underdog going into a match with the very best trying to win his first world title. He's over with the crowd and I think it will get a far more positive reaction than Roman winning. The match itself is a little more unpredictable whereas we already know what Goldberg matches are like, he is very very limited in 2020. Plus it's fresh, we've seen the Roman coronation before.
This year’s Wrestlemania is the story of triumph over illness.

That’s the story we’re all living in the real world right now.

They’ve got their top guy coming back from a serious illness to regain the title he temporarily vacated because of that illness.

The story writes itself! It should be an easy story to tell.

It should be...

I don’t think Roman’s coronation against HHH applies here. That was a generic story of a young man believing in himself to overcome the odds placed continually against him by his corrupt employer.

Roman’s real life illness battle is leading to triumph precisely at the time when a pandemic puts the world in a sleeper hold... it’s a way better story than Drew’s IMO.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
He is either losing to lesnar or getting dirty win and losing few weeks later to Rollins

People need to stop getting their hopes up regarding this guy as if they are going to book him as next Hogan, Austin or Cena post Wrestlemania

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
This year’s Wrestlemania is the story of triumph over illness.

That’s the story we’re all living in the real world right now.

They’ve got their top guy coming back from a serious illness to regain the title he temporarily vacated because of that illness.

The story writes itself! It should be an easy story to tell.

It should be...

I don’t think Roman’s coronation against HHH applies here. That was a generic story of a young man believing in himself to overcome the odds placed continually against him by his corrupt employer.

Roman’s real life illness battle is leading to triumph precisely at the time when a pandemic puts the world in a sleeper hold... it’s a way better story than Drew’s IMO.
It is a nice story for sure but it's not exactly the one WWE are telling. I mean have they even mentioned Roman's illness in the buildup? No. Honestly I don't think it's appropriate, they already did that last year when he made his triumphant return ironically at the expense of Drew McIntyre. It's done, October 2018 was a long time ago in the WWE World.

And you have to understand that the majority of the fans are not as invested in the charatcer of Roman Reigns as you are. IOf course from your perspective it would be great. But from the fans it's been there done that, Roman will have his moment, he will win a World Title for the 5th time, it just doesn't need to go on last, he isn't that popular.

For Mcintyre his story is simple, it's been told a lot and it never gets old, it's the boyhood dream has come true. I think that's what people will remember WM36 for, not Roman Reigns beating Goldberg, that's atrocious when you think about it, but Mcintrye beating Lesnar, there's your Rumble winner beating the number 1 guy.

·
Team AEW
2,914 Posts
Drew is screwed either way. I'd rather he wins now, than holding off until SummerSlam, where Vince could change his mind or smth.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts