Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,500 Posts
Agree to this. Rumble winner doesn't automatically mean next Megastar. Sometimes they just push the hell out of people to make them a Mania worthy star and then simply feed them to their chosen ones. Both Asuka and Nakamura were victims of this.
Points were made here. Drew obviously lost McMahon's endorsement after The Chosen One gimmick flopped, he was thrown in a jobber stable, and eventually fired. Should Drew beat Lesnar? Yes. Will he? I don't know. This is one I'll have to wait and see for.

·
Registered
610 Posts
That hurt his chances in hindsight. On paper having Vince McMahon come out and endorse a new face as a future world champion sounds like a sound idea. However I remember when this happened it put immense pressure on Drew and for his experience level he was not ready for it. What made it worse was that everything he did would be under the microscope so any flaws he had would be immediately highlighted. I recall just to add some more context that at that time fan's wanted new stars, new faces and new matches. We had seen the HHH/Orton run every year from 2004, Cena needed new opponents and things in the middle had stagnated. Many people felt like names such as The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and even Jack Swagger should of had more concentrated pushes in addition to a returning Christian. So when they went with Drew and Sheamus and actually caused some resentment towards the both of them.

·
Banned
499 Posts
Vince pushed Rock,Goldberg, Orton, Reigns, Cena and now Drew. He booked them right and everything. They just weren't the right men for the job.

Rollins, Benoit and Bryan were the right men for the job. Vince pouted and didn't book them right.

Typical.
excellent post. you forgot blue meanie and hurricane tho, they were also the right men for the job,too bad they got sidetracked by those untalented jobber geeks like rock

·
Registered
629 Posts
Um... no, man, there was no rocket. Drew was jobbed out to MATT HARDY in his first feud in 2009. Come on. The only remotely good thing during that run was tag teaming with Cody Rhodes, which showed that he can work some damn good matches, but then his booking feel apart again. After returning to WWE he was always associated with GEEKS. Corbin, Ziggler. Being Shane's lackey. Losing all big feuds, to Roman twice, to BALOR even. Being eliminated by Ziggler at last years RR. Never having any momentum. NOW he's got that rocket push, and now we can judge his ability to hold his own in main event. Next few months will definitely be interesting.

That's a fantastic journey, yes, but it's not like it was all planned. And we still can't guarantee that he'll beat Lesnar.
Hey dude, erm I wasn't really implying there was a rocket, I should have said this "Rocket" has taken 13 years as in that's not a rocket as it's a slow time frame, as the other poster said there was a quick rocket push and I was pretty much saying the opposite, he has worked hard for it, this has taken Drew a loooong time and long journey to get where he is now. But yeah he's hardly been on his own to shine since being on Raw, always paired with someone. I've been away for the past while unwell, so am catching up and from what I've seen it's strange how much has changed with the fans over the past few weeks and months cheering him and will be interesting to see what happens from here on out. It's no secret I'm a fan of Drew and it's nice to finally see something happening wining the Rumble and getting a chance at the top title is great.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Vince was definitely high on him at first, but then the hype died down, Drew went to the indies and re-established himself, then did the HHH/Jinder thing and bulked up, so now Vince loves him again. Pretty par for the course with WWE.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Vince likes Drew but Drew right now is like...15th ranked on the list of people he likes. The reason he won the RR is because all the other options were stale and overdone. That's all.

I'd be shocked if he beats Lesnar. I guess it depends on how much crowd momentum he gets in the next 3 months. As of right now, it isn't enough yet.

·
Southern Pride
2,906 Posts
Say what you want about RAW and Smackdowns entrance sets but they are far better now than they were back then. Also, Thank goodness that Grisham is long gone from WWE now. Vic Joseph and Tom Philips are better than him.

As for McIntyre, I think that Vince was still high on him even when he was with 3MB. Those 3 guys were used a lot while together. It's just that Vince loves stupid comedy acts and seems to think more highly of them than what they really are.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
^ good segment. And honestly, I think they are doing a good job building him up right now. Though, I still think they need to put him against Lashley at Elimination Chamber PPV and have him go over in a competitive, but not to long of a match. In the build to the match they need to have him bury Lana on the mic, that'd make him much more over, I think they'd be foolish to pass that opportunity.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts