Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
All it took was 6 weeks of work to get him rocket strapped. Wow and it took Bryan and Punk 2 years of hotness to get given something

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
2020 has taken away Barca, the Black Caps, Kobe and all my interest in WWE away from me.

I needed to get away from WWE, so I guess thanks Vince?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
2020 has taken away Barca, the Black Caps, Kobe and all my interest in WWE away from me.

I needed to get away from WWE, so I guess thanks Vince?
Weirdly enough, the last few weeks of Raw and NXT over the last few months has drawn me back in. SD can be fast forwarded though. With NWA and about half of AEW I've got a good few hours of wrestling to enjoy every week.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Let's wait until he actually fucking beats Brock at WrestleMania to say he has Vinces approval. Nakamura won a Royal Rumble, in basically identical fashion too, eliminating the favourite Roman Reigns, and look at his career. There was never any intention of making Nakamura the champion. Vince has never shown any great faith in Mcintyre no matter what he said in character. He's jobbed Mcintyre out incessantly and made him irrelevant. It wouldn't surprise me in the SLIGHTEST if Drew was just a filler opponent for Brock at WrestleMania, and they didn't have Roman win the Rumble as predicted because they wanted to "shock" people, and not have Roman get booed out of the building. They have to be super careful with Roman. We already heard the boos tonight.

If he wins the title at WrestleMania, then someway, somehow, he's actually gotten Vinces endorsement, but Vince doesn't really ever change his mind on people. He would've been champion a long time ago if Vince was all in on him. Brock needs to face somebody he's never wrestled before and it makes sense to give him a fresh match, and sure, Mcintyre could've gotten the shot at Brock by not winning the Rumble and Roman could've won and gone after The Fiend, but then you wouldn't believe Mcintyre could beat Brock, whereas we all know Roman is winning at Mania. They're gonna have to try harder than that to convince me Vince is behind Drew after all the years of neglect I've seen.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,392 Posts
Weirdly enough, the last few weeks of Raw and NXT over the last few months has drawn me back in. SD can be fast forwarded though. With NWA and about half of AEW I've got a good few hours of wrestling to enjoy every week.
Same except I don't watch anything else but WWE anymore as I can't put in the time. Your profile says Aussie so out of curiosity AFL or NRL and what team if any/or both?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Same except I don't watch anything else but WWE anymore as I can't put in the time. Your profile says Aussie so out of curiosity AFL or NRL and what team if any/or both?
Currently on school holidays but I'm back to work tomorrow so I've had plenty of time to watch wrestling. I'm a massive Broncos fan and I jumped back on the Lions bandwagon last year haha

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Let's wait until he actually fucking beats Brock at WrestleMania to say he has Vinces approval. Nakamura won a Royal Rumble, in basically identical fashion too, eliminating the favourite Roman Reigns, and look at his career. There was never any intention of making Nakamura the champion. Vince has never shown any great faith in Mcintyre no matter what he said in character. He's jobbed Mcintyre out incessantly and made him irrelevant. It wouldn't surprise me in the SLIGHTEST if Drew was just a filler opponent for Brock at WrestleMania, and they didn't have Roman win the Rumble as predicted because they wanted to "shock" people, and not have Roman get booed out of the building. They have to be super careful with Roman. We already heard the boos tonight.

If he wins the title at WrestleMania, then someway, somehow, he's actually gotten Vinces endorsement, but Vince doesn't really ever change his mind on people. He would've been champion a long time ago if Vince was all in on him. Brock needs to face somebody he's never wrestled before and it makes sense to give him a fresh match, and sure, Mcintyre could've gotten the shot at Brock by not winning the Rumble and Roman could've won and gone after The Fiend, but then you wouldn't believe Mcintyre could beat Brock, whereas we all know Roman is winning at Mania. They're gonna have to try harder than that to convince me Vince is behind Drew after all the years of neglect I've seen.
Agree to this. Rumble winner doesn't automatically mean next Megastar. Sometimes they just push the hell out of people to make them a Mania worthy star and then simply feed them to their chosen ones. Both Asuka and Nakamura were victims of this.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,962 Posts
No he didn't.

Sheamus had that endorsement as the new dominant bright rookie at the same time as opposed to a Midcarding Drew McIntyre who clearly got demoted post IC feud with Kofi Kingston, Winning the RR is a stamp of approval to some but not everybody, Most as mentioned will bring up Nakamura and Asuka who both won the same night and lost at Wrestlemania respectively, Think of it as more of a flash in a pan until they get hotter reactions to say otherwise.

·
Team AEW
2,918 Posts
Until I see him actually beat Brock - than no, it's not an endorsement.

But it was a nice way to put him over tonight. They gave him BROCK elimination, REIGNS elimination and WIN. That's a push, if I ever saw one. But still, I'll patiently wait and see. I just don't want that to be like last year, where Rollins won the Rumble, and then the feud was a complete pile of garbage, but they still put over Seth. I want to see a great feud where Drew is put over by the end. THAT'd be a great sign of endorsement.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,490 Posts
He didn't lose it when he got beat up by his wife?

Or when he got jobbed to Oblivion in 3MB?

Or when he got fired?

This was all apart of Vince's grand design to get his guy accepted?

·
HEADBANGA
21,942 Posts
It was all a part of Vince's grand design to have him in the jobber joke team 3MB, then have him leave the WWE to reinvent himself on the indies and Impact wrestling, and come back to have a basically play a henchman for two years of his main roster run? To me it seems like Drew waited his turn to get a chance to get a push imo.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Actually drew never had the rocket strapped and he was in Wwe for years
That's untrue, Drew has been in the WWE for a long time, around 2007, in FCW developmental, on SD in 2007, then debuted again in 2009 when vince introduced him as a future world heavyweight champion! So this Rocket has taken the better part of 13 years+ He was very young back then and no-one knew who he was, but that's all changed and he thoroughly deserves to be where he is right now, he has put in a ton of work and is no being able to show more character of his normal self, which has been this past 6 weeks as you say! Dig around you will see his full story from back then to his release in 2014 and his return to NXT in 2017, I'm sure it was 2017 around then, to winning the NXT title to then going to Raw the following year teaming up with Dolph as a heel, now he's a babyface/tweener in 2020. It's a great story and one of never give up on your dreams. it's funny as Drew's old theme was Broken Dreams bk in 2009/10 - 2012/13, which is exactly what happened to him his dreams where broken, no he's back and stronger and better than ever giving it a good go and never forgetting what an opportunity he has to fulfill his lifelong dream and become WWE Champ, just what Vince said all those years ago! Fantastic Journey!!!

·
Team AEW
2,918 Posts
That's untrue, Drew has been in the WWE for a long time, around 2007, in FCW developmental, on SD in 2007, then debuted again in 2009 when vince introduced him as a future world heavyweight champion! So this Rocket has taken the better part of 13 years+ He was very young back then and no-one knew who he was, but that's all changed and he thoroughly deserves to be where he is right now, he has put in a ton of work and is no being able to show more character of his normal self, which has been this past 6 weeks as you say! Dig around you will see his full story from back then to his release in 2014 and his return to NXT in 2017, I'm sure it was 2017 around then, to winning the NXT title to then going to Raw the following year teaming up with Dolph as a heel, now he's a babyface/tweener in 2020. It's a great story and one of never give up on your dreams. it's funny as Drew's old theme was Broken Dreams bk in 2009/10 - 2012/13, which is exactly what happened to him his dreams where broken, no he's back and stronger and better than ever giving it a good go and never forgetting what an opportunity he has to fulfill his lifelong dream and become WWE Champ, just what Vince said all those years ago! Fantastic Journey!!!
Um... no, man, there was no rocket. Drew was jobbed out to MATT HARDY in his first feud in 2009. Come on. The only remotely good thing during that run was tag teaming with Cody Rhodes, which showed that he can work some damn good matches, but then his booking feel apart again. After returning to WWE he was always associated with GEEKS. Corbin, Ziggler. Being Shane's lackey. Losing all big feuds, to Roman twice, to BALOR even. Being eliminated by Ziggler at last years RR. Never having any momentum. NOW he's got that rocket push, and now we can judge his ability to hold his own in main event. Next few months will definitely be interesting.

That's a fantastic journey, yes, but it's not like it was all planned. And we still can't guarantee that he'll beat Lesnar.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts