Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last month since Drew has been put with Shane has done him no favors. The guy couldn't beat Roman Reigns at WM in a one on one match. Then he looked like he was going to get some promise but then they pair him up with Shane McMahon. Helps him beat Reigns at the Saudi event. 3 weeks later, he loses to Roman Reigns again. What's worst is that he had Shane at his side. Talk about someone's momentum is dead, completely. Then I started to think about it. He has been a fucking lackey and bitch to everyone in their mothers at this point. Last year he was Dolph Ziggler's lackey and then many months later he became Corbin's bitch when Corbin was General Manager. Now he is Shane McMahon's lackey and Roman Reign's personal bitch. This dude has promise from NXT and his Impact days. But since he came back to the main roster, nothing has changed from his 3MB days. Sad to see a talented guy and his energy dead.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I don't know why anyone is surprised. It doesn't matter what he looks like, he's from the UK. People who expect him to be pushed like Roman because he's got a similar look are kidding themselves. There are certain realities about Vince and he has to deal with them.

He's also not over at ALL.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
Drew Mcintyre is the textbook definition of charisma vacuum. They've tried to push him 2 separate times and he has never gotten any reaction whatsoever. He's a look and nothing else.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't know why anyone is surprised. It doesn't matter what he looks like, he's from the UK. People who expect him to be pushed like Roman because he's got a similar look are kidding themselves. There are certain realities about Vince and he has to deal with them.

He's also not over at ALL.
True.

In the past decade Vince has been given Cesaro and Wade Barrett. Two wrestlers that any promotion in the world would love to have on their books as they are two wrestlers that could have became stars and drew some great money.
But because they are from Europe/UK, Vince and his pal Kevin Dunn couldn't get past their accents and gave them a lower ceiling than what they should have been given.
The same has happened with Drew McIntyre. Twice!

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Maybe Pyro is right and it is a UK thing. Shit, the guy has really improved in every area, and he still can't buy himself a championship run. Why in the fuck they protect him anyway then?

And he had no momentum to be killed off in the first place. All they did is have him be Shane's "friend", bodyguard. That's not a prominent spot to be in. Instead of Shane being his manager, HE is Shane's manager. What the hell is going on in this company?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
His win loss record is still ridiculously strong. He just needs to be by himself. His never going to succeed being an enforcer.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Drew has 2 of the 4 things to be a star, the look and believable skill set in the ring.

The problem is he doesn't have charisma and mic skills. The 2 things that connects with audiences.

If he didn't have the look and the believable 'bad ass' persona, he'd be a vanilla indy guy. The ones that are drawing these horrible ratings.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,520 Posts
Drew just doesnt connect. He NEVER has. From when he was the "chosen one" 8 years ago, till now, hes just never connected with the crowd. He just cant get people to give a shit about what he does. He's just a guy with muscles. Theres nothing else there.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Just keep how WWE books Drew McIntrye in mind whenever people blame the lack of stars in the WWE on the current wrestlers lacking charisma or having no presence.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I have always thought Drew McIntyre desperately needs a gimmick. 10 years ago he was just the guy who is liked by the boss. Now he's just a Scottish mean guy. There's just so little about him.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Drew has 2 of the 4 things to be a star, the look and believable skill set in the ring.

The problem is he doesn't have charisma and mic skills. The 2 things that connects with audiences.

If he didn't have the look and the believable 'bad ass' persona, he'd be a vanilla indy guy. The ones that are drawing these horrible ratings.
You don't think he's a contributor as it is? As you said, he has nothing that connects with the audience. Giving tv time (I can't say pushing) to somebody who doesn't connect with the audience is a surefire way to kill ratings.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I asked this in the chatbox but seriously...what the fuck has Drew McIntyre done since coming back and why did Drew even come back to ultimately be made into a GEEK? He had one of the most forgettable NXT World title runs ever, along with being nonexistent in the brand and then gets called into the main roster to essentially be a hanger-on to everybody from Ziggler to Corbin to now Shane.

He hasn't done shit and therefore hasn't amounted to shit. It's not like he'll leave again. Why? You did that already as Drew Galloway where you were much better in the indies and TNA.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I felt he had potential playing off of Dolph and then giving him the face turn after the split up of the tag team. But due to how many other guys are way more over than him, it wouldn't make sense to turn him babyface so he is stuck as a muscle for the bigger name heel again with Shane. There is a disconnect with him claiming to come back to improve the competition, yet continuing to not challenge for the top prizes. They should just say he is back for the money so his presence make more sense. Like Drew could win titles if he puts his focus on achieving that, but he chose to work for someone else because the work is easier and the pay just as good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Drew outside of WWE is great. Drew inside WWE is boring and dull. He is the perfect example of WWE micro managing. Let the wrestlers talk. Lets them choose their characteristics with consultation. Let the wrestlers get themselves over. Sink or swim. It's pretty simple really. Drew had nothing going for him par being Shane's lapdog. This just cemented that he will never be a top guy in their eyes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I liked the Ziggler/McIntyre partnership it reminded me of HBK/Diesel and I expected it to go the same way with Drew eventually turning face and becoming a top guy.

The partnership ended prematurely and since then Drew has been lumbered with the boring and pointless heel stable with Corbin and Lashley and now a pretty pointless alliance with Shane McMahon.

McIntyre needs to be booked as a star, with his look, ring skills and personality I cant put my finger on why he isn't connecting with the audience on a much bigger scale other than maybe it's all down to the way hes booked.
At times they've got it right after splitting with Dolph he got some dominant wins over Ziggler and was booked to look like a monster against Kurt Angle.
But they've killed his momentum by having him job to Reigns twice now, I get that Wrestlemania was Roman's big return from illness and he needed to win but why couldn't Drew have evened the score last night at Stomping Grounds? Even with interference from Shane he still suffered a clean loss and its now hard to see how he can bounce back from this.

WWE need to stop this pro babyface booking, having good always triumph over evil just means that heels have no credibility and it makes for very predictable storylines and matches.
Kevin Owens, Lashley and now McIntyre have all had their momentum killed off by consistently losing to top faces when WWE could have established them as dominant heels by allowing them to win more.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,442 Posts
I thought he was on a good way, when he came back with Ziggler and went on himself at a later time. But then he was a lackey or Corbin and that was already bad. Being a hand for Shane is even worse. Meanwhile Ziggler came back and had already two title shots .... come on.
I would not even say, that he has no charisma or mic skills. The problem at the moment: Shane steals every spot from him and Shane is the bosses son.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
He sucked outside of the WWE too. Outshined by EC3.
I think he could probably actually get over if he did anything that wasn't dull. Scottish version of Brian Pillman is what he should be doing w a name like "Scottish Psychopath"

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you saw a photo of him, he looks like an absolute star, great build, great look, but there's just that spark missing. His best work was when he was tagging with Ziggler. The recent stuff with Shane has done him no favours at all. As he's the "Scottish Psychopath" they should build him up more. Let him become absolutely brutal and unhinged in his matches , go after everyone in his path , feed him someone smaller like Ziggler who he can dominate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts